Las Plagas vs NE-Alpha Parasite

#1Heavenly_GlarePosted 6/5/2012 2:58:54 PM
Which parasite is more powerful overall, the NE-Alpha parasite that created the Nemesis or the Las Plagas, which was used by Los Illuminados to create all sorts of deadly creatures like the Verdugo, U3, El Gigante, etc?

Also, which parasite gives its host greater intelligence?

I think the Las Plagas is actually better for both. It gives much more variety and the enemies infected seemed much smarter than Nemesis did.
---
The human's spirit is now free / forever gone all agony / all rules are crumbling to dust / absurd beliefs gone in a gust.
#2White_QueenPosted 6/5/2012 4:09:44 PM
Las Plagas.

IIRC, Las Plagas if bonded to the right host, like Salazar, creates a monster way more powerful than any Nemesis.
#3vhunter14Posted 6/5/2012 4:17:42 PM
Going with NE-A, those ganados and even salazar are pretty laughable.
---
Official Nemesis Of the UMVC3 Board...S.T.A.R.S.
#4AzurexNightmarePosted 6/5/2012 4:33:51 PM
Las Plagas was a very wussy virus compared to everything else in resident evil.

Imagine 10 ganados trying to kill even just one licker. LOL.
---
I would be more interested in Watch Dogs if it wasn't made by Ubisoft. Their games, although some are great, always feel clunky and half assed in some way.
#5edward18Posted 6/5/2012 4:36:34 PM
NE-Alpha easily. Host might not be as smart since, but that all depends on what the La Plaga infects since the intelligence seems to be from the host instead of the parasite. Even so, the NE-Alpha alone retains more information than a La Plaga alone considering that Las Plagas are essentially just drones.

In terms of power, the NE-Alpha easily.
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai
#6randyc80Posted 6/5/2012 5:30:46 PM
edward18 posted...
NE-Alpha easily. Host might not be as smart since, but that all depends on what the La Plaga infects since the intelligence seems to be from the host instead of the parasite. Even so, the NE-Alpha alone retains more information than a La Plaga alone considering that Las Plagas are essentially just drones.

In terms of power, the NE-Alpha easily.

I think Nemesis wins on power and Las Plagas for intelligence, but it seems like Las Plagas would have more usefulness as a BOW since the Nemesis parasite wasn't easy to fabricate and it burned out it's carriers over time (in addition, it wasn't compatible with every subject, but Las Plagas seems to be).
#7slapper1Posted 6/5/2012 7:54:03 PM
That's a tough one. While a vast majority of the creatures infected by Las Plagus were relatively weak individually, there considerably higher intelligence and group tactics make even the basic gonado's quite lethal in a large group. Just imagine 1 JJ, and a few Island gonado's armed with rocket launchers and Nemmy would def have trouble dealing with them and he was the most advanced creature to bond with the NE Alpha Parasite (I believe) while JJ and the gonado's were just lesser beings. If say Saddler (Human version) were to fight Nemmy, he would most likely defeat him due to his blinding speed (He was able to attack Leon while he was 30 feet away from him in less then 1 second and he could catch up to Ada while she was on the other side of the massive chamber room in less then 3 seconds making him much faster then Nemmy), Psychotic health/endurance (Seriously this guys has so much health is freaking crazy. It takes something like 20 + bow gun bolts to the face and his exposed "eye" weak spot just to defeat him and he just gets up a minute later to take down Ada), and his extreme intelligence (Remember that Saddler is the one pulling the strings in RE 4. Nemmy may have been the most intelligent Tyrant creature when it was created, but it still served it's wiser masters. Saddler lead a freaking army with his Plagus and his intelligence and posed a serious treat to the world until Leon defeated him with the help of Ada). Hell, Vertigo or U3 would probably be able to defeat Nemmy even if he was armed with his rocket launcher (Both U3 and Vertigo could survive several rockets before going down even on normal difficulty while Nemmy could only take 1 on easy before dropping like a fly, plus both were very fast and possessed multiple means of killing targets including U3's tentacle arm and massive tail claw + his burrowing and underground claw attacks, and Vertigo's extreme speed/reflexes, deadly claws and tail, and surprise attacks from above and below). Point being, The NE Alpha Parasite could produce some very powerful creatures. However, it was very selective of what it bonded to and many of the mutations were quite limited in power and ability. Nemmy was the ultimate being to be infused with the Parasite (Even Mr. X was just a weaker Nemesis with lesser power, speed, strength and intelligence and even with his limiter off, he was still considerably weaker then Nemmy was in his super form) while the Plagus could infect literally anything and could spread like wildfire trough spores and forceful injection of the Plagus through the mouth or blood stream. I'd say the Plagus win due to what they can create and the abilities they bestow to those infected. Nemmy is awesome don't get me wrong, but he just can't compete with some of the Plagus creatures in a fight.
#8edward18Posted 6/5/2012 8:01:46 PM
1. You need to learn how to spell RE terms.
2. Plagas only spread orally after they've been mutated in 5. Before that they have to be injected with surgical equipment.
3. It's highly unlikely that any of those things would beat Nemesis. After what all Nemesis survived he is not going to get killed by a Verdugo of all things.
4. Saddler's...smartness is...average at best. The only thing he seemed to have on his mind is "I'm gonna take over the world" and...nothing beyond that. He seemed like a pretty big dumbass leader-wise. Example: Infect the President's daughter...

...okay? What then? She goes back to America and head explodes. Bomb Saddler's forces, nothing to worry about. His forces were NEVER a threat to the world itself. The Plagas having to be injected into each and every victim, the half-assed idea of infecting the President's daughter with all the precautions in the USA and its authority system...Saddler was not a genius in any way. He's just some racist that got his hands on a parasite.

The only thing he really has going for him is his speed. If he ends up transforming he's dead.
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
#9slapper1Posted 6/5/2012 8:44:49 PM
You would be absolutely right about the United States being able to stop Saddler's plans IF this were the real world United States and not the fictional Resident Evil United States. They send in one man to find the President's missing daughter, give him virtually no equipment (Weapons, ammo, body armor, contacts other than Hunnigan, back up other than a chopper to airlift him and Ashley out, ect...) and expect him to succeed? That in itself is f***ing insane! Now I know the story is ridiculous in RE 4 (Hell we all know that even for RE standards) but come on! The complete and total disregard for the safety of the United States own agents and it's complete unpreparedness for such a possible event as the kidnapping of the President's daughter, that it may actually be possible for Saddler to succeed in his plans. As crazy as they are, he has both the time to instigate his plan and the tools need for it to succeed. Remember that the Plagus spread originally through a spore like form when they were dug up (and infected those who breathed them in) and infected hundreds of villagers in just a few weeks. Saddler had several plans to take over the United States including using Ashley and the Plagus within her as well as his soldiers to invade the US striking fear and panic and use a certain secret weapon mentioned in his final file in RE 4. Good thing it never came to that, but it proves that Saddler was preparing for anything. In any case, He proved that he was always ready to push his plans foreword even with the loss of his companions, and his intelligence and leadership would have certainly caused a lot of trouble for anyone he wished to attack. I know you hate RE 4 Edward and I respect your opinion, but you really have to look at the bigger picture here when comparing Las Plagus to NE Alpha, and notlet your hate for RE 4 make your biased to Las Plagus. Just saying.
#10edward18Posted 6/5/2012 8:49:31 PM
I don't hate for and I'm not letting my opinions of the game effect anything. I'm just saying that his plan never made sense to begin with. All he has is a military island and a little village. The spores only were there due to them being exiled underground for so long that they degraded to that form. Once they're in working order, the Plagas have to be implanted surgically.
---