Producer live stream Q+A!

#41MakoChanX(Topic Creator)Posted 6/7/2012 11:22:45 AM
ElusionM_08 posted...
Chris is Capcom's favorite character and most iconic character. He's not going anywhere. And they also know they need him for the stories and for fanservice, since fanservice = sales.

And Leon is also fanservice so he isn't going to die either.

Carla is gonna die for sure, and I'm willing to bet Ada will be killed as well. If not, they will develop on her in RE6 and kill her off in a future RE.

Why does she have to die though?
She's just as iconic as any other main, and has been around since the 2nd game!
The only difference is we know jack all about her, which I see as more investment for Capcom to develop her.

I doubt they will kill her off, just because they haven't milked her for all she's worth yet.
---
Watch and you'll see, some day I'll be, part of your world.
#42VolcanoBoulderPosted 6/7/2012 11:24:05 AM
ElusionM_08 posted...
Chris is Capcom's favorite character and most iconic character. He's not going anywhere. And they also know they need him for the stories and for fanservice, since fanservice = sales.

Carla is gonna die for sure,
and I'm willing to bet Ada will be killed as well. If not, they will develop on her in RE6 and kill her off in a future RE.

Spot on. Though I think there might be a chance of Leon getting killed, since that's what Mikami originally wanted for RE 4.
---
"Donuts don't wear alligator shoes."
#43ElusionM_08Posted 6/7/2012 11:28:48 AM
VolcanoBoulder posted...
ElusionM_08 posted...

Carla is gonna die for sure,
and I'm willing to bet Ada will be killed as well. If not, they will develop on her in RE6 and kill her off in a future RE.

Spot on. Though I think there might be a chance of Leon getting killed, since that's what Mikami originally wanted for RE 4.

They've always been trying to kill Leon, Gaiden, RE4 originally, ORC. I think his good guy nature and trying to save people + easily manipulated/tricked character might get the best of him, possibly. So while I don't believe he will die, I think it's clear he's the most probable one to draw the death card from the deck from the main cast.

Here's hoping Capcom doesn't make any stupid decision in an attempt to create a dramatic twist.
---
ElusionM: Resident Evil classics never gave me any input delay
squiggy9996999: you act like you never opened a door, jumped down a ledge or climbed a ladder
#44sehr0Posted 6/7/2012 11:34:17 AM(edited)
there will be puzzles with exploring to solve similar to RE 1,2,3.
#45SSJ_JinPosted 6/7/2012 1:02:17 PM
All of you thinking Capcom would kill Leon are delusional. He's RE's number one guy. Capcom will not kill him.

Chris on the other hand....I can see them killing him when they decide to make a new cast of characters. Especially since they keep mind ****ing him. Since he's the main character, he dies, old story gone, in with the new. And even with the new, they'd probably throw Leon in there just in case.

Old Leon. lol

And he'd look just like this:

http://images.wikia.com/egamia/images/a/af/Lee_Chaolan.png
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7KDXVEOqj8
http://antir.site90.net/
#46ElusionM_08Posted 6/7/2012 1:10:16 PM
SSJ_Jin posted...
All of you thinking Capcom would kill Leon are delusional. He's RE's number one guy. Capcom will not kill him.

Chris on the other hand....I can see them killing him when they decide to make a new cast of characters. Especially since they keep mind ****ing him. Since he's the main character, he dies, old story gone, in with the new. And even with the new, they'd probably throw Leon in there just in case.

Old Leon. lol

They're not killing Chris or Leon; it's solid to point we can even call it a fact even though no one knows the future.

Chris is their favorite character, and one of the iconic figures of Capcom. He has appeared in the most games, RE or outside. And they know taking him out will affect the series both by story and fanlose/sales loss.

Likewise, Leon has more fans and is somewhat the posterboy. Killing him will result in sales loss as well.

Both of them will grow white hair and beards but will still be pulling handguns on BOWs (and not hopefully on each other even in their 70s, they can use walking canes for that).

The way I see it is, they're slowly trying to kick out Jill and Claire. Maybe the whole Western 'male character' domination concept is starting to take play (afterall, they did say they want to make RE6 and future titles more appealing to the Western culture).
---
ElusionM: Resident Evil classics never gave me any input delay
squiggy9996999: you act like you never opened a door, jumped down a ledge or climbed a ladder
#47Loki90Posted 6/7/2012 4:21:41 PM
ElusionM_08 posted...
SSJ_Jin posted...

Old Leon. lol

They're not killing Chris or Leon; it's solid to point we can even call it a fact even though no one knows the future.

Chris is their favorite character, and one of the iconic figures of Capcom. He has appeared in the most games, RE or outside. And they know taking him out will affect the series both by story and fanlose/sales loss.

Likewise, Leon has more fans and is somewhat the posterboy. Killing him will result in sales loss as well.

Both of them will grow white hair and beards but will still be pulling handguns on BOWs (and not hopefully on each other even in their 70s, they can use walking canes for that).

The way I see it is, they're slowly trying to kick out Jill and Claire. Maybe the whole Western 'male character' domination concept is starting to take play (afterall, they did say they want to make RE6 and future titles more appealing to the Western culture).

I kind of agree with you.

Yes, Capcom wouldnt dare to kill Chris or Leon cause they're very important.

But I dont think they will dare to kill Jill or Claire either, fans would rage completely, today at the stream more than 500 person only asked about them. Capcom knows how they're loved, would be like throw away a gold mine. If they do for RE6 any DLC chapter with either Jill or Claire im sure it will sell out like water in desert.

The whole point of buying RE5 Gold Edition was to see Jill on the cover of RE5 and sure, also play the 2 chapters were she was the main character, LIN and DE was all about Jill.

Also Jill did really well in RE Revelations for the 3ds, throw a RE Revelations 2, would only make the nintendo 3ds look even better.

And I have a feeling that Jill is in RE6 and will be DLC. She was DLC in RE5, REORC, MvC3, UMVC3. She is the best option for DLC to capcom. Seeing how many people having being asking for Claire, id say she is going to be DLC too. I hope for canon dlc episodes like LIN and DE.

We have almost the whole cast of RE2, Leon, Sherry and Ada, so why not Claire?
#48MakouCinSnakePosted 6/7/2012 4:39:04 PM
Loki90 posted...
ElusionM_08 posted...
SSJ_Jin posted...

Old Leon. lol

I kind of agree with you.

Yes, Capcom wouldnt dare to kill Chris or Leon cause they're very important.

But I dont think they will dare to kill Jill or Claire either, fans would rage completely, today at the stream more than 500 person only asked about them. Capcom knows how they're loved, would be like throw away a gold mine. If they do for RE6 any DLC chapter with either Jill or Claire im sure it will sell out like water in desert.

The whole point of buying RE5 Gold Edition was to see Jill on the cover of RE5 and sure, also play the 2 chapters were she was the main character, LIN and DE was all about Jill.

Also Jill did really well in RE Revelations for the 3ds, throw a RE Revelations 2, would only make the nintendo 3ds look even better.

And I have a feeling that Jill is in RE6 and will be DLC. She was DLC in RE5, REORC, MvC3, UMVC3. She is the best option for DLC to capcom. Seeing how many people having being asking for Claire, id say she is going to be DLC too. I hope for canon dlc episodes like LIN and DE.

We have almost the whole cast of RE2, Leon, Sherry and Ada, so why not Claire?

Correct me if I'm wrong during one RE5 Trailer showing Jill's grave in the end. Didnt like fans rage and threaten to leave the series if Jill was really dead? From what I remembered, fans had quite a backlash from it.
---
I'm the best in the world at what I do! ~ I'm a Voice Actress - Music Composer / My Youtube: www.youtube.com/xLightningxLita - 3DS FC ~ 3738 - 0357 - 0369