playstation plus required for demo?

#11MakoChanXPosted 6/7/2012 12:00:46 PM
ReceiverxWisdom posted...
MakoChanX Posted...
So then why does it have the RE6 demo on the cover saying it includes early access :S

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/81cw-3LuPvL._AA1500_.jpg

Still doesn't show proof it won't be available to everyone else :3

People are jumping the gun with the xbox announcement and as I said, it's dumb if people without Dragon's Dogma doesn't get it after the two weeks are up, I wouldn't even buy the game as that's a pile of BS to buy a another title I have ZERO interest in just to play RE6.

Oooooo I hope so!
---
Watch and you'll see, some day I'll be, part of your world.
#12heartlesshero17Posted 6/7/2012 12:03:48 PM(edited)
Whether or not capcom is making a stupid move or not is irrelevant to me.

I just want to know if they actually mentioned any other way to obtain the demo of RE6 besides through DD. Cause I have yet to hear of it.

Doesn't bother me since I got my copy of DD(good game). Just saying, have not heard of any other way.

If they haven't, then you shouldn't go around saying you don't need DD and it will be live to people who are wondering.

There's a difference between fact, and a very plausible theory. Lets try to deliver actual facts to the other fans who don't know

Not trying to be mean nor am I saying it won't go live. Just saying, that is not a confirmed fact it seems
---
I'll eat a sock if VersusXIII is actually a mind blowing game.
-PainsPerception
#13ReceiverxWisdomPosted 6/7/2012 12:12:28 PM(edited)
Just more people would be losing out on a potentially good game that no one will probably be even playing online that much if you only brought DD, which is probably only a majority of people and not the full RE community....yeah that's a good idea. :D

No really, it's not. This is why I can't really stand Capcom but we can ONLY hope...and see in September.
---
"Deathbed, redruM. I like to kill and have some fun."
PSN: LatinChris_9990 / state you're a Gf's user before sending requests.
#14ReceiverxWisdomPosted 6/7/2012 12:11:45 PM(edited)
They said it a lot in their streams and podcast it would go live in September as well as various articles.

Yet none of them focus on the word "live"

All it says is "it's coming to the ps3 in SEPTEMBER"

Which could mean anything without the correct details.

Besides they talk more about people getting the Xbox version first than the actual PS3 demo itself so it's neigh impossible to find a very valid article on the ps3 version in terms of dates, or exclusivity plans. Good luck finding it though. Because I couldn't find s*** on those important details all on it's lonesome.
---
#15heartlesshero17Posted 6/7/2012 12:14:16 PM
Hey I'm with you there. When this demo goes out, I want to be able to play with other people online here (assuming the demo includes co-op)

Honestly, it was just a way to get people interested in DD. Would be very very lame of capcom to not let people experience this just because they didn't buy another game from a different genre that they might not even like. But this isn't the first time something like this has happened I suppose.

If it really does go out live, then what the hell was the point of the DD promotion then? So I can play it 1 or 2 weeks earlier? The game itself would be out less than a month later anyways. It would have made more sense if it was like the 360 version, but this seems silly

Then again, I don't try to understand how capcom thinks
---
-PainsPerception
#16ReceiverxWisdomPosted 6/7/2012 12:23:52 PM(edited)
Probably they are doing this to make people get it early as some sort of redemption to the PS3 users.

Xbox not only has the demo early, they also are getting the first string of DLC from RE6 exclusively to theit home console for a awhile. Even though I disliked ORC the same thing occured with that exclusive modes and stuff. Microsoft is talking with a fistful of dollars and knowing Capcom it's apparent they'll bend over backwards at the first sign of a greenback.

I'm positive it will come out live for everyone else and both sides of the equation would be winning.

If you brought DD, you will be one of the first to get your hands on RE6 exclusively for a good 2 - 3 weeks
Once it goes live you'll be able to play with the fans who didn't get DD and still want a good experience before this game releases over the next couple of weeks.

Game devs have been doing the timed exclusive crap for awhile now, I'm pretty sure you had to get infamous 2 or PS plus to play the Uncharted 3 beta.

Thank god for the Sony blackout, other wise I wouldn't have even touched Infamous 1 or the UC3 multiplayer early.
---
#17sithgod513Posted 6/7/2012 12:23:12 PM
seems like ps plus members should get it, kinda lame if not and i dont even have a ps3.
---
the funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.
#18ReceiverxWisdomPosted 6/7/2012 12:30:15 PM(edited)
Sony always seems to put the big items people want on plus for a week, if Capcom is giving them the opportunity to distribute their product...then it's in the companies hands to decide the way their "demo" should be distributed.

It's no harm in being a ps plus member given how low the price range is to join up for a month or two.

I do readily agree with it, it gives people more incentive to want to get DD or be a PS plus member in the first place.
---
#19heartlesshero17Posted 6/7/2012 12:38:44 PM(edited)
Xbox not only has the demo early, they also are getting the first string of DLC from RE6 exclusively to theit home console for a awhile.

Wait, what? Did not know this

Even though I disliked ORC the same thing occured with that exclusive modes and stuff. Microsoft is talking with a fistful of dollars and knowing Capcom it's apparent they'll bend over backwards at the first sign of a greenback.

Never played ORC on the ps3. What was the exclusive mode we got for the 360? Didn't know there was a difference
---
-PainsPerception
#20Solid_BelmontPosted 6/7/2012 12:44:36 PM
Well actually the Demo/Open Beta for GRFS was only for PS+, the rest of us had no access to it. So yes it has been done before but I don't see them doing the same with this one *crosses fingers*
---
Stop reading my signature and go make your own.