So how much do you think the PS3 version of the game will be gimped?

#1XSilverPhoenixXPosted 6/16/2012 2:08:03 PM
Capcom is in bed with Microsoft this entire gen, (inb4SxT) most noticeably with this game. How do we think the PS3 version will fare against PC and 360, and possibly Wii U?

I've noticed bad issues with screen-tearing from all the 360 footage I saw, and while it's not constant it's still quite noticeable. I'm worried how they will handle the game on PS3. No doubt the 360 will have better textures like RE5, but the PS3 may have more detail in dark areas.

I don't think a single bit of screentime on the PS3 has been shown. The PC would most certainly be the best visually, but they always seem to mess something up on the PC release.

As for the WiiU, we won't know until Tokyo Game Show most likely, and it will probably be the same or slightly better than the 360 version. I'm just not a fan of being stuck with another multi-plat that doesn't get the full treatment being a PS3 owner.

This isn't a system war topic, it's based on some curiosity on how the games compare. Yes I know it's not out so no one knows, but what are your thoughts?
#2SSJ2_WookiePosted 6/16/2012 2:30:07 PM
Honestly I think it will be the same for both, RE5 was pretty much same aside from a few only things.

aside from a few color differentials that usually happen on opposing console, I'm guess they will be mostly identical, and As long as they have better server connections and Lan option on PS3 this time I'll be happy.

Other than Timed exlusives for 360 of course, but I can handle waiting...have had to with multiple other games ha
#3MakoChanXPosted 6/16/2012 2:40:48 PM
As long as the port is as good as 5 was, I'MA HAPPY.
---
Watch and you'll see, some day I'll be, part of your world.
#4ForeverBuffyPosted 6/16/2012 3:29:54 PM
I believe both PS3 and 360 will have the same content but the 360 will get it first.

PS3 owners will have to wait at least 2 months for the DLC.
#5XSilverPhoenixX(Topic Creator)Posted 6/16/2012 5:05:44 PM
Yeah I know that all DLC comes to 360 first with a two month span between releases, but that also has me wondering about pre-order content. If you pre-order the game and get a Mercenaries map and have to wait two months to access it that would be ridiculous.

I would assume that would be the only DLC accessible at launch. It would have been nice for PS3 owners to get some kind of bonus since we're getting the shaft. I wonder if Capcom is doing this to sell more copies of the 360 version overall.

Anyone have sales numbers for both systems when it came to RE5?
#6SSJ2_WookiePosted 6/16/2012 5:16:25 PM
XSilverPhoenixX posted...
Yeah I know that all DLC comes to 360 first with a two month span between releases, but that also has me wondering about pre-order content. If you pre-order the game and get a Mercenaries map and have to wait two months to access it that would be ridiculous.

I would assume that would be the only DLC accessible at launch. It would have been nice for PS3 owners to get some kind of bonus since we're getting the shaft. I wonder if Capcom is doing this to sell more copies of the 360 version overall.

Anyone have sales numbers for both systems when it came to RE5?

Maybe one reason is since Japan is pro PS3\Nintendo and not so much 360 oriented and they know RE is huge in Japan so it will sell good there, they are trying to get more people in US to buy for 360. (And of course Microsoft paying money attributes to it too).

Though it does suck to get late DLC, as long as the game itself is amazing I'll be happy and am sure that will hold me over during wait.
#7MuhammadJAPosted 6/16/2012 6:50:58 PM
The only thing I'm certain about is that the PS3 version will have worst framrates just like RE5.
#8finalstrike14Posted 6/16/2012 10:14:37 PM
If anything. one of the upsides to the PS3 version will probably be no screen tearing since normally PS3 versions of multi platform games have v-sync always turned on, the downside to this is that the framerate will go wonky because of it.

Dont really care either way. Im still getting the PS3 version.
---
"Just imagine something like a Donkey Kong scented candle. Who wouldn't want their home to smell just like some dirty ape?"--- sumostickfigure
#9biohazard1775Posted 6/17/2012 10:17:49 PM
I believe both PS3 and 360 will have the same content but the 360 will get it first.

PS3 owners will have to wait at least 2 months for the DLC.

More than likely this.
---
http://fp.profiles.us.playstation.com/playstation/psn/pid/biohazard1775.png
#10XSilverPhoenixX(Topic Creator)Posted 6/17/2012 11:41:04 PM
finalstrike14 posted...
If anything. one of the upsides to the PS3 version will probably be no screen tearing since normally PS3 versions of multi platform games have v-sync always turned on, the downside to this is that the framerate will go wonky because of it.

Dont really care either way. Im still getting the PS3 version.

Muhammad and the above poster, I am sure we will have crappier framerates along with poor textures. You would think they would make the PS3 the lead for consoles and make the programming easier, but instead they do the opposite.

I don't think Operation Raccoon City was v-synced for either system, and I think only the cutscenes on the 360 version of RE5 had screen-tearing.

I guess we'll have to wait for some obviously biased game site comparisons (Digital Foundry) to really know the outcome.