Will they finally, FINALLY! allow an option to remove that %$#@ing Mercs timer?

#11Hewie3Posted 6/17/2012 7:34:06 AM
Mercs isn't really tough at all. I figured if they removed the timer, they would increase the enemy count. I dunno why they go with such a small (150) amount of enemies anyway.
#12Doober2Posted 6/17/2012 7:38:56 AM(edited)
PumpkinBelmont posted...
Mercenaries would be so lame without the timer!
Everyone score would be exactly the same without the timer.

After every game you would see this:

150 kills
150 combo
SS Rank
Everybody wins
No Damage

If they removed the timer it would completely ruin mercs, and for me, that would ruin the game cause that was the only reason I played RE5. Is mercs tough? Yeah, but thats why it was fun. I don't want to play a mode thats impossible to lose. The score was 90% left over time, if you didn't build up time you could just shotgun spam everything and never lose.

You would lose the entire merc fanbase which is fairly large on the biomercs website. Sorry I'm not trying to be mean but removing the timer is a horrible idea.

Like I said, and others too, there should be other options.

RE4 and 5 Mercs had potential, but they were just too limited. If RE6 is pretty much the same thing it'd be a bit of a disappontment.

They need to add a lot more game modes, or "modifiers" to make it more interesting, cause right now, it's just a shallow game mode that needs serious fleshing out

Could be:

Basic Mercs: What we've had for 2 games

Survival: No time limit, more enemies, less healing items. Game doesn't end till you die. The enemies killed and the time you lasted would make your score.

Escape: Basically a quick mode where you need to escape ASAP

Killspree (**** name, can't think of anything)A mode where you have to kill all enemies as fast as possible.

Boss Mania: Mode with bosses and mini bosses along with regular enemies.

Could also be lots of individual settings for any game mode that changes enemy numbers, ammo amounts, healing item amounts etc. Each of these modifiers would also have an effect on your potential score

Personally, I'd actually play mercs if they did some of these. It has the potential to be something brilliant, but it needs a lot more to it.
---
Run, you pigeons, it's Robert Frost!
#13LewisrichPosted 6/17/2012 7:43:39 AM
Well there's other modes besides mercenaries so maybe we'll get a survival type mode with no time limit or raid mode.
---
GT: LKR101
#14PumpkinBelmontPosted 6/17/2012 8:03:23 AM(edited)
Doober2 posted...
PumpkinBelmont posted...
Mercenaries would be so lame without the timer!
Everyone score would be exactly the same without the timer.

After every game you would see this:

150 kills
150 combo
SS Rank
Everybody wins
No Damage

If they removed the timer it would completely ruin mercs, and for me, that would ruin the game cause that was the only reason I played RE5. Is mercs tough? Yeah, but thats why it was fun. I don't want to play a mode thats impossible to lose. The score was 90% left over time, if you didn't build up time you could just shotgun spam everything and never lose.

You would lose the entire merc fanbase which is fairly large on the biomercs website. Sorry I'm not trying to be mean but removing the timer is a horrible idea.

Like I said, and others too, there should be other options.

RE4 and 5 Mercs had potential, but they were just too limited. If RE6 is pretty much the same thing it'd be a bit of a disappontment.

They need to add a lot more game modes, or "modifiers" to make it more interesting, cause right now, it's just a shallow game mode that needs serious fleshing out

Could be:

Basic Mercs: What we've had for 2 games

Survival: No time limit, more enemies, less healing items. Game doesn't end till you die. The enemies killed and the time you lasted would make your score.

Escape: Basically a quick mode where you need to escape ASAP

Killspree (**** name, can't think of anything)A mode where you have to kill all enemies as fast as possible.

Boss Mania: Mode with bosses and mini bosses along with regular enemies.

Could also be lots of individual settings for any game mode that changes enemy numbers, ammo amounts, healing item amounts etc. Each of these modifiers would also have an effect on your potential score

Personally, I'd actually play mercs if they did some of these. It has the potential to be something brilliant, but it needs a lot more to it.

This I'm not opposed to! This I like, I would love to have lots of different modes. I was just against the idea of vanilla mercs without a timer, that would be lame as balls. Although 'basic mercs' and 'killspree' are the same thing. ;) I do disagree with RE5 mercs being shallow, most people just haven't explored it enough. People still continue to find new things about it to this day. But yeah I'm not against new modes. As long as the spirit is still there, I just don't want a casual killfest.
#15PumpkinBelmontPosted 6/17/2012 7:57:56 AM
Hewie3 posted...
Mercs isn't really tough at all. I figured if they removed the timer, they would increase the enemy count. I dunno why they go with such a small (150) amount of enemies anyway.

Mercs(re5) is tough if you go for high scores, if you think it's not tough then your not pushing yourself. I remember the first time I got 800k, then I pushed for 900k. I was never able to break a million, and only a handful of people in the world have. How can you say that's not tough? Not even 50 people in the world have accomplished this, last I checked not even 20!
#16Hewie3Posted 6/17/2012 8:15:46 AM
My definition of tough is just different than yours is all. I find trying to break the highest scores is just boring. I scored roughly 850k, I'm good. I want tough as in a struggle to survive.....tedious patterns of shoot melee faster than you did last time is just.....boring to me.

I want to literally be fighting for my life.
#17vhunter14Posted 6/17/2012 8:51:41 AM
Mind you the mercs we got today came from the mercs of 3, and that was heavily time and skill based and rewarded the player for the game. 4 and 5 do the same but are toned down each time too. timer is not always bad, a way to guage yourself.
---
Official Nemesis Of the UMVC3 Board...S.T.A.R.S.
#18Hewie3Posted 6/17/2012 8:55:11 AM
I don't believe the timer is "bad" but it's just not my preference. Like I said, I still play it for pure fun but it would be MUCH more enjoyable to me if the time was gone. That's why there needs to be options so everyone can be satisfied.
#19Spade59Posted 6/17/2012 8:57:05 AM
Or they could just, you know, remove invincibility from melee attacks.
#20Hewie3Posted 6/17/2012 8:59:52 AM
I feel like it's probably gone considering there is a melee button which seems a little useless to me considering the same context sensitive melee's from RE5 are STILL present.

So then again, I dunno. Isn't that the reason they got rid of the pick up animation?