The Magic is gone without Mikami

#1theherotw9dPosted 6/21/2012 7:42:07 PM
The thing that made Biohazard/Resident Evil what is just isn't there anymore. Looking at this flashy action fest, it was almost like watching a Call of Duty trailer. They are going back to zombies in a city even though there aren't so suppose to be anymore after Code Veronica (hence the Ganados) and they bringing in all of the old character overdramatic cheese fest of a plot.

I'm sure everyone is going to ignore any and all flaws like they did with RE5 and call it the greatest thing ever but I still hold my games to a higher standard. I'm unimpressed with what I'm seeing. As if Darkside Chronicles, Revelations and Operation Racoon City don't show how far the series has fallen.

Now its just like the Final Fantasies. Some pretty graphics with a terrible plot and not mediocre gameplay that is pushed to the highest heights of sales by its namesake fandom alone.

Well that's all I have to say on the matter. I'm sure you'll enjoy it so long as it has Resident Evil in the title.
#2edward18Posted 6/21/2012 8:00:06 PM
Mikami's the one that wrecked everything with 4.

They are going back to zombies in a city even though there aren't so suppose to be anymore after Code Veronica (hence the Ganados)

...what EVER implied that there wouldn't be anymore city incidents?

and they bringing in all of the old character overdramatic cheese fest of a plot.

That's what they've always done.

I'm sure everyone is going to ignore any and all flaws like they did with RE5

You obviously haven't been on these boards for that long.

and call it the greatest thing ever but I still hold my games to a higher standard. I'm unimpressed with what I'm seeing. As if Darkside Chronicles, Revelations and Operation Racoon City don't show how far the series has fallen.

Darkside Chronicles and Operation Raccoon City are side games. Revelations did quite well.
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai
#3mr_metalhead666Posted 6/21/2012 8:01:10 PM
I suggest keeping an eye out for Mikami's new survival horror game, Zwei.
---
Killing is my Business..........And Business is Good
#4mr_metalhead666Posted 6/21/2012 8:05:21 PM
I wouldn't say Shinji ruined it. He created for the time a very innovative game. You have to keep in mind that Capcom forced Shinji Mikami to change RE4 into a more modern action game. He still did a good job keeping the creepy atmosphere of the village, the castle and dark atmosphere of the island.
---
Killing is my Business..........And Business is Good
#5VolcanoBoulderPosted 6/21/2012 8:06:05 PM
I love and respect Shinji Mikami as an excellent game developer. He really puts his heart into every title he directs, and his influence is almost always obvious.

That said, RE 6 also looks amazing to me.

edward18 posted...
Mikami's the one that wrecked everything with 4.

4 was absolutely brilliant on a bunch of different levels IMO.
---
Donuts don't wear alligator shoes.
#6edward18Posted 6/21/2012 8:07:23 PM(edited)
Yeah, it's a combined effort of Capcom scrapping things like always and Shinji allowing the crap they did to be completed. It doesn't mean crap that it's an innovative game if it goes against what RE is.
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
#7RegalX7Posted 6/21/2012 8:12:21 PM
You summoned edward18 by giving him an opportunity to bash RE4 like always, and you must now pay the price.
---
SoloAce00: "I'm getting sick of hearing you bash us for saying M ratings make the game good."
#8randyc80Posted 6/21/2012 8:13:24 PM
edward18 posted...
Yeah, it's a combined effort of Capcom scrapping things like always and Shinji allowing the crap they did to be completed. It doesn't mean crap that it's an innovative game if it goes against what RE is.

I already know how you feel about Mikami, but he flat out said that HE decided to scrap the 3.5 version because he thought it was crap.
#9N00B2000Posted 6/21/2012 8:13:41 PM
Oh brother. Not this again. I thought we were somewhat pass the "Call of Duty" name calling, guys! For Pete's sake! Say it has too much action for your tastes. Say it isn't as scary as you think it should be. But don't compare it to a completely different game genre that has a completely different audience and fanbase.

Eddy, you're supposed to be teaching these people how to act!
#10edward18Posted 6/21/2012 8:16:09 PM
I already know how you feel about Mikami, but he flat out said that HE decided to scrap the 3.5 version because he thought it was crap.

Hence why he shouldn't have taken part in making 4's final version.

Eddy, you're supposed to be teaching these people how to act!

Everyone acts different.
---