Which character scenario will you start first when you buy this game?

#1darthmittenPosted 6/25/2012 9:26:30 PM
When you buy the game, what scenario will you start playing

I for one, wanna get rid of Chris's Campaign first since its the worst gameplaywise, although the best cutscene wise. *interesting story line*
then Jake, i wanna try out the Martial arts and Ustanak seems pretty hardcore, i just hope he chases you nemy style
and for the Finale Leon. Atmosphere looks great, looks like there will be a classic feel to it. I would also like to unlock Ada as Leon :)

What would you play first?
---
Fever gone, but itchy. Hungry and eat doggy food. Itchy Itchy. Scott came. Ugly face so killed him. Tasty :P -Resident Evil 1 Bedroom Diary
#2PunisherWars1Posted 6/25/2012 9:34:06 PM
darthmitten posted...
I would also like to unlock Ada as Leon :)

I never thought of it that way but I love Leon but I'll save the best for last and Jake's first then Chris. Then again this could change when I get a hold of the demo next month, I'm one of the lucky ones that has both the PS3 and XBOX360.
---
"Our business is life itself."- Umbrella Corp.
#3ElusionM_08Posted 6/25/2012 9:36:34 PM
The developers recommend starting with Leon and ending with Chris.

Leon's gameplay is only somewhat atmospheric in Tall Oaks. Once he reaches China (which so far looks like where majority of his campaign will be), it's gonna be all BOOM! BAM! EXPLOSION! COLORFUL FLAMES! as well.

Anyways, for me on a preference scale, it's Leon first (get the slow gameplay and ehh storyline out of the way), bridge with Jake (building tension), and end with Chris (most interesting story already, and his scenario looks beautiful with all the night skies, colorful lights and the rooftops, along with the J'avos and the huge boss battles).

However, since we are allowed to save and switch scenarios, I most likely will be playing the game in a way so I experience it as much chronologically as possible:

Chris Serbian chapter
Jake Serbian chapter
Leon Talls Oak chapter
Jake China chapter
Leon China chapter
End with Chris China chapter

That sounds the most perfect and chronological way to play the game.
---
ElusionM: Resident Evil classics never gave me any input delay
squiggy9996999: you act like you never opened a door, jumped down a ledge or climbed a ladder
#4VolcanoBoulderPosted 6/25/2012 9:53:51 PM
ElusionM_08 posted...
However, since we are allowed to save and switch scenarios, I most likely will be playing the game in a way so I experience it as much chronologically as possible:

Chris Serbian chapter
Jake Serbian chapter
Leon Talls Oak chapter
Jake China chapter
Leon China chapter

Oh wow, I'm gonna' do that too! And then on subsequent playthroughs, I'll inject the fourth scenario into that equation wherever it belongs. :D
---
Donuts don't wear alligator shoes.
#5ElusionM_08Posted 6/25/2012 9:56:08 PM
VolcanoBoulder posted...
ElusionM_08 posted...

Chris Serbian chapter
Jake Serbian chapter
Leon Talls Oak chapter
Jake China chapter
Leon China chapter

Oh wow, I'm gonna' do that too! And then on subsequent playthroughs, I'll inject the fourth scenario into that equation wherever it belongs. :D

Didn't think of plugging in the fourth scenario (would've eventually done it once unlocked), but thats a good idea too, especially if the 4th scenario is like a separate ways type of scenario which spans over all three campaigns.
---
ElusionM: Resident Evil classics never gave me any input delay
squiggy9996999: you act like you never opened a door, jumped down a ledge or climbed a ladder
#6dropzone20Posted 6/25/2012 11:20:34 PM
I like the order of events you listed. Playing each scenerio straight through would feel like Pulp Fiction, lol.

Leon has that atmospheric slower pace until later on so he's first for me.

I was planning on doing Jake's last since he's the new guy but Chris' does have that "final battle" look to it. A kid running from a stalker monster doesn't look as extreme as a jacked dude gunning down javos.

Picking Jake or Chris is like choosing between watching "Jason Bourne" or "The Expendables". The last act of any movie should be the explosions so I guess my money's on Chris now, lol.

I'm just wondering how Ada's part will be. I hope we can use her grappling hook like Batman's batclaw in Arkham city.
#7pencruPosted 6/26/2012 5:21:08 AM
I wanna get Jake's scenario over with quickly for some reason. But I'll probably listen to the developers and play it in the order they recommended (which I totally forgot what.)
#8sadiq2010Posted 6/26/2012 6:02:04 AM
i will start first with leon, second jake, and then third chris that's how the developers want it.

and why in that order, because leon will eventually will meet up with jake and sherry birkin later in the game.
#9ShadowHearsePosted 6/26/2012 7:53:58 AM
I was gonna do

Leon, Jake, Chris.

Chris' seems to be the most cinematic and important storywise, I don't want a roller coaster of story quality.

Leon's seems to have the best atmosphere and stuff so it will be a killer introduction to the game.
#10gregamastaPosted 6/26/2012 7:58:53 AM
ElusionM_08 posted...
The developers recommend starting with Leon and ending with Chris.

Leon's gameplay is only somewhat atmospheric in Tall Oaks. Once he reaches China (which so far looks like where majority of his campaign will be), it's gonna be all BOOM! BAM! EXPLOSION! COLORFUL FLAMES! as well.

Anyways, for me on a preference scale, it's Leon first (get the slow gameplay and ehh storyline out of the way), bridge with Jake (building tension), and end with Chris (most interesting story already, and his scenario looks beautiful with all the night skies, colorful lights and the rooftops, along with the J'avos and the huge boss battles).

Chris Serbian chapter
Jake Serbian chapter
Leon Talls Oak chapter
Jake China chapter
Leon China chapter

That sounds the most perfect and chronological way to play the game.

Thanks man, i was undecided about which one should i play first but i'm going to do this as well.
---
<Proud fighter in training>I will be the most complete fighter in the world *BEST IN THE WORLD!* PSN : Devilsnevercry_3
3DS FC:0774-4319-4137 Dante -DT-