Is anyone playing Resident Evil HD Chronicles?

#1mr_metalhead666Posted 7/1/2012 7:21:04 PM
It just came out and contains Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles and Resident Evil: Darkside Chronicles.

I brought the 2 games from PSN the other day and I've only played through the Umbrella Chronicles so far.

Umbrella Chronicles is good aside from the piss-poor dialogue and crappy representation of characters. They also ruined the RE3 story. Should of been like this IMO...

Raccoon's Destruction - You go through the streets of Raccoon City and make your way to the cable car. Nemesis would stalk you through the scenario. Boss would be the Grave Digger (Worm)

Raccoon's Destruction 2 - You'd be making your way through the clock tower. Nemesis would be stalking you once again and the final boss would be Nemesis Type 2.

Raccoon's Destruction 3 - You'd go through the park and through the Disposal Plant. You'd obviously fight Nemesis in his final form. (You'd have to damage him a certain amount to lure him in front of the railgun)

Darkside Chronicles is a much better game. Better story telling and gameplay to me.
And they both have trophies for anyone that cares about those.
---
Killing is my Business..........And Business is Good
#2ElusionM_08Posted 7/1/2012 7:27:23 PM
It's short on-rails stories, so it doesn't matter if they cut games short.

What matters is that the game is fun, the scenarios are enjoyable, the seperate ways for the various characters is interesting, and it's improved over the Wii version.

Also, Umbrella Chronicles>DSC by miles. The Javier scenario was just awful.
---
Chris and Leon Bromance - October 2nd 2012
#3shotgunheadshotPosted 7/1/2012 7:30:27 PM
I don't like how you have to buy 2 digital games for 30 dollars. Thats a lot for a PSN game. I don't care that its a big franchise either. I would pay that much if it were sold in disc form. For the lack of playstation Move games out there, these games should really be package and sold on a disc to sell more copies of the Move controller, i guess. Well i know what i am going to do. I will just buy the games on the Wii instead.
#4randyc80Posted 7/1/2012 7:45:37 PM
shotgunheadshot posted...
I don't like how you have to buy 2 digital games for 30 dollars. Thats a lot for a PSN game. I don't care that its a big franchise either. I would pay that much if it were sold in disc form. For the lack of playstation Move games out there, these games should really be package and sold on a disc to sell more copies of the Move controller, i guess. Well i know what i am going to do. I will just buy the games on the Wii instead.

Would you pay $60 for a disc release? Because that would probably be way more likely.

Neither of these games have been released for PS3 until now and they were sold individually and at full price on the Wii when they came out. In fact, these games aren't even easy to find on Wii at the moment and when you can find them it's definitely more than $30 for the two games.
#5shotgunheadshotPosted 7/1/2012 8:09:37 PM(edited)
But the RE games are more popular in the USA and Canada. So why would Japan get this collection for PS3 on discs but not here where its popular. Its discrimination and cheapness for them to do that. In case you did not notice the characters in RE games are white people who are from america, so this japanese game was marketed for the Americans for the most part. So a disc form should have been made for that reason alone. I could get these games for 10 dollars each if i look hard enough for the Wii versions.
#6Rojo_Posted 7/1/2012 8:10:27 PM
I think the reason why was that Japan is a small island and im sure shipping wouldnt cost as much as say all of the U.S. and Cannada.
#7edward18Posted 7/1/2012 8:12:49 PM
http://warahi.deviantart.com/art/I-Think-So-Too-177291260

I can never decide which they butchered worse. 3 or CV.
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai
#8darthmittenPosted 7/1/2012 8:12:53 PM
randyc80 posted...
shotgunheadshot posted...

Would you pay $60 for a disc release? Because that would probably be way more likely.

Neither of these games have been released for PS3 until now and they were sold individually and at full price on the Wii when they came out. In fact, these games aren't even easy to find on Wii at the moment and when you can find them it's definitely more than $30 for the two games.

Its not too hard for me, where i live at my gamestop, i can eassilly find 2 or 3 copies of both games lying around for about 9 or $12 each
---
Fever gone, but itchy. Hungry and eat doggy food. Itchy Itchy. Scott came. Ugly face so killed him. Tasty :P -Resident Evil 1 Bedroom Diary
#9XSilverPhoenixXPosted 7/1/2012 8:16:29 PM
They're selling this as a package at first and then they will be sold as separate titles in a few weeks.
#10MadigariPosted 7/1/2012 8:17:09 PM
darthmitten posted...
Its not too hard for me, where i live at my gamestop, i can eassilly find 2 or 3 copies of both games lying around for about 9 or $12 each

If you've seen them at that price and have not bought them, you are clearly a person with a guilty conscience for practically stealing them. To whit:

http://www.gamestop.com/wii/games/resident-evil-umbrella-chronicles/9689

http://www.gamestop.com/wii/games/resident-evil-darkside-chronicles/74658
---
Gamertag is Madigari, for both Xbox 360 and PSN.
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my originality the most.