Resident Evil 6 Gold Edition - Jill and Claire added

#1Loki90Posted 7/2/2012 7:45:51 AM
Why would capcom put Jill and Claire right now in the game when they can wait a year to sell the same game again with them in it.

Calling right now. RE6 Gold Edition Jill and Claire.
#2koyerricoPosted 7/2/2012 7:47:09 AM
K
---
-c0118oy-
http://gifsoup.com/view4/3375640/sfxt-intensity-o.gif
#3darthmittenPosted 7/2/2012 7:51:50 AM
Smart :P although i'd rather buy DLC to buying Gold Edition
---
Fever gone, but itchy. Hungry and eat doggy food. Itchy Itchy. Scott came. Ugly face so killed him. Tasty :P -Resident Evil 1 Bedroom Diary
#4MadigariPosted 7/2/2012 8:00:33 AM(edited)
Yeah, I forgot about how they added Leon and Claire to Resident Evil 5 in its Gold Edition. This totally has precedent.

...I'm kind of disappointed by how little effort it took to disprove this. Quick, come up with a better theory about how Capcom wants to absorb your soul and has plans to eat your first born child over a bed of dead hopes and dreams...Except not that one, because I just did it.
---
Gamertag is Madigari, for both Xbox 360 and PSN.
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my originality the most.
#5PaladinCecilPosted 7/2/2012 8:19:08 AM(edited)
At absolute best, all we'll get is one or two Jill and Claire extra missions like the RE5 DLC. Missions that are much, MUCH shorter than any one of the campaigns in RE6, where their actions have absolutely no impact on Chris and Leon taking full glory with Wesker Jr. for saving the world (since they're apparently so super effing perfect that we should be worshiping the digital ground they walk on), and are essentially treated like unnecessary extras by the simple fact of not being already included in the game from the outset.

It's too late. Capcom won't delay Resident Evil 6, redo necessary scenes and add a campaign for Jill and Claire of equal length to the other characters like they should have done in the first place. They don't want to spend time and money on making a game that's a "tribute" to the series serve as an ACTUAL tribute and not just a BS marketing campaign.

There's literally nothing they can do to fix this mess short of spending the next several years focusing heavily on Jill and Claire and wrapping it all up with a 20th anniversary game that focuses heavily on Jill and Claire and excludes Chris and Leon. That's the only way they can balance it out now.

All they had to do was treat Jill and Claire as equals to Chris and Leon in RE6, and they would've been fine despite spending the past 5-6 years exclusively whoring out Chris and Leon as the only RE characters worth a damn. Now, it's far too late. They're unwilling to change RE6, so all that's left is hyping the hell out of them for the next 5-6 years just like they did with Chris and Leon for the past 5-6 years.
---
"Without me along, who will heal you when you're hurt?" - Rosa Farrell, Final Fantasy IV
#6MakoChanXPosted 7/2/2012 8:25:03 AM
If Jill and Claire have no involvement or mention in the RE6 story line, then don't count on them getting story DLC.

Why would Capcom charge $10 for a side story featuring them, when they could make a whole other side game on the 3DS or Vita, and charge full price.

However you can count on them appearing in the mercs, Jill especially, Claire, hopefully.

Jill already had a current model for this gen, so she's definite, however Claire doesn't. I can see Capcom pulling a stunt and throwing someone like Sheva, Josh, or Excella in just because they already have a model.
They would have to build Claire a new one OR they could do a Barry and Rebecca and model her after RE2, or CV building from her ORC model.
---
Watch and you'll see, some day I'll be, part of your world.
#7darthmittenPosted 7/2/2012 8:33:06 AM
MakoChanX posted...
If Jill and Claire have no involvement or mention in the RE6 story line, then don't count on them getting story DLC.

Why would Capcom charge $10 for a side story featuring them, when they could make a whole other side game on the 3DS or Vita, and charge full price.

However you can count on them appearing in the mercs, Jill especially, Claire, hopefully.

Jill already had a current model for this gen, so she's definite, however Claire doesn't. I can see Capcom pulling a stunt and throwing someone like Sheva, Josh, or Excella in just because they already have a model.
They would have to build Claire a new one OR they could do a Barry and Rebecca and model her after RE2, or CV building from her ORC model.

Well, they could also add her with the Degeneration Outfit or her RE2/CV Outfits from Darkside Chronicles
---
Fever gone, but itchy. Hungry and eat doggy food. Itchy Itchy. Scott came. Ugly face so killed him. Tasty :P -Resident Evil 1 Bedroom Diary
#8randyc80Posted 7/2/2012 10:33:20 AM
Loki90 posted...
Why would capcom put Jill and Claire right now in the game when they can wait a year to sell the same game again with them in it.

Calling right now. RE6 Gold Edition Jill and Claire.

Wow....it's incredible how stubbornly people will hold to their theories.

"Jill and Claire will definitely be in....they haven't announced all the characters and they can write them in."

"What's that? It's been confirmed that they aren't in the game? It will definitely be DLC then."

Why don't you all stop disappointing yourselves by getting worked up over things that the developers have never promised or given any indication that they intend to do.
#9Doober2Posted 7/2/2012 10:49:36 AM
I'm almost positive Jill will get some sort of DLC episode.

Jill is popular, Capcom know it and will cash in on it. And it'd fit fine with the game

Claire though I don't see it. Shes popular, but her story is over tbh, has been for some time.
---
Run, you pigeons, it's Robert Frost!
#10Doober2Posted 7/2/2012 10:53:16 AM
MakoChanX posted...

DLC is popular and used a lot by game companies for a reason you know, it's cheap to make, and sells for more than it's worth, cause people are prepared to pay more for content on a game they like, even if it's only an hour long, is crap and costs 5 quid

And Capcom are starting to milk it as much as they can in their games.
---
Run, you pigeons, it's Robert Frost!