Resident Evil 6 Gold Edition - Jill and Claire added

#31coolmig01Posted 7/3/2012 8:54:50 PM
randyc80 posted...
CTU_007 posted...
All I have to say is they better be the leads for RE7. WITHOUT Chris and Leon.

Don't hold your breath champ. Way back in the RE4 days, the developers said lead in the main games would rotate between Chris and Leon. They have followed that formula and even said recently that RE6 is "Leon's turn". That means that if they stay with this cast, RE7 will be Chris's game again.

Personally, I think they are going to retire Chris and Leon with this game (maybe keep them around with cameos) and use Piers, Jake, Sherry, and Helena as the protagonists going forward.

...but that's just *YOUR* opinion ;-). i think, if enough fans clamor for it, who's to say that they wouldn't make an exception? It's not like they've changed an ending to a certain series when enough fans banned together and demanded a change.... oh, something like mass effect 3...... and then CONCEITED to their fans' demands :) really??? "way back in RE4 days" is your excuse why it wouldn't happen? i guess you're not familiar at all with change. i hate to burst your bubble, but "way back in RE4 days" guys working for Resident Evil franchise have left...... who knows what can happen. just saying. change is inedible, get used it. you can't hold on to "old ways" or stickily adapt to every little thing you hear as "absolute truth".
#32randyc80Posted 7/3/2012 9:24:47 PM
coolmig01 posted...
randyc80 posted...
CTU_007 posted...
All I have to say is they better be the leads for RE7. WITHOUT Chris and Leon.

Don't hold your breath champ. Way back in the RE4 days, the developers said lead in the main games would rotate between Chris and Leon. They have followed that formula and even said recently that RE6 is "Leon's turn". That means that if they stay with this cast, RE7 will be Chris's game again.

Personally, I think they are going to retire Chris and Leon with this game (maybe keep them around with cameos) and use Piers, Jake, Sherry, and Helena as the protagonists going forward.

...but that's just *YOUR* opinion ;-). i think, if enough fans clamor for it, who's to say that they wouldn't make an exception? It's not like they've changed an ending to a certain series when enough fans banned together and demanded a change.... oh, something like mass effect 3...... and then CONCEITED to their fans' demands :) really??? "way back in RE4 days" is your excuse why it wouldn't happen? i guess you're not familiar at all with change. i hate to burst your bubble, but "way back in RE4 days" guys working for Resident Evil franchise have left...... who knows what can happen. just saying. change is inedible, get used it. you can't hold on to "old ways" or stickily adapt to every little thing you hear as "absolute truth".

I never said it wasn't my opinion. I just think that is what the developers are planning with this new installment. They might surprise me and just stick with the old cast.

As far as the rotation goes, there is ample evidence of what I was saying. You cleverly pointed out the "way back in RE4 days" while blatantly ignoring the recent acknowledgement that they are continuing the pattern by emphasizing that RE6 is "Leon's turn" even though they decided to throw Chris in to add tension with a showdown.

Why would they emphasize that it was Leon's turn if they had no intention of following up on what they had previously said?

Let me give you a little help since you clearly can't see what they have been doing with your own eyes:

RE1/REmake: Chris
RE2: Leon
CVX: Chris
RE4: Leon
RE5: Chris
RE6: Leon

Can you see it now? You may notice that even though I listed the main games, I omitted RE3...there is good reason for that. RE3 was developed under the name RE Gaiden, which means side story. Code Veronica was the next main installment, but they changed Gaiden to RE3 mid-development because they decided to have the numbered trilogy on PlayStation and name Code Veronica what they did because it was on a new system.

This doesn't lessen the importance of RE3, it just points out that they have been doing what they promised...lead has in fact rotated between Leon and Chris. Yes, I realize that Jill and Claire have co-starred in these games, but the point is that they said they would rotate between Chris and Leon and that is EXACTLY WHAT THEY HAVE DONE!

You can speak of change and united voice of the fans all you want. You can cross your fingers and toes and wish as hard you can and it won't make a **** bit of difference if the game developers have decided that this is what they are doing.

By the way, I think the word you were reaching for is "inevitable"....unless you actually did mean that "change shouldn't be eaten", in which case you might have to elaborate on that point a bit more.

Thanks for attempting to "burst my bubble" though.