I'm not to affected...

#1Morrigan12Posted 7/3/2012 6:09:49 AM
By Chris's "tragedy" His men die which yeah...should be sad for him, but if they wanted to involve the player and make them feel why would we care about a bunch of nameless redshirts?
#2largerockPosted 7/3/2012 6:17:17 AM
Do you honestly carry no emotions when playing a video game? When somebody dies in a video game do you go "He's dead? Oh well."?
---
Not changing this sig until Final Fantasy Versus XIII comes out.
Official Atlas of the god of war ascension board.
#3AnimesetsunaPosted 7/3/2012 6:21:36 AM
Unless the person is cold-blooded person that doesn't feel anything.
---
Awaiting for Resident Evil 6
Kana Hanazawa ^^
#4Doober2Posted 7/3/2012 6:27:22 AM(edited)
largerock posted...
Do you honestly carry no emotions when playing a video game? When somebody dies in a video game do you go "He's dead? Oh well."?

If the person that died wasn't a character in the game of note, then yes, pretty much.

It's hard to give a damn. If it were say, Sheva, then I'd care more
---
Run, you pigeons, it's Robert Frost!
#5largerockPosted 7/3/2012 6:29:33 AM
But you gotta have some emotion when seeing somebodies life end, even in a video game.
Bad guy dies: AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHADFDSSDGFNSGNSFHNDHHJM!!!!
Annoying character dies: Relief.
Emotionally attached to character dies: Mourning.
Good guy dies: NO!
---
Not changing this sig until Final Fantasy Versus XIII comes out.
Official Atlas of the god of war ascension board.
#6Doober2Posted 7/3/2012 6:44:05 AM(edited)
Depending on the character, if one of the MCs died, I may feel sad.
Baddie, yeah I'd be cheering

But, a character that has no relevance to anything but one of the characters, I couldn't care less.
---
Run, you pigeons, it's Robert Frost!
#7MakoChanXPosted 7/3/2012 6:53:20 AM
It's just personal preference.

For example, if Ada died, I would cry and vow never to play again.

If Leon, Chris or Sherry died........I'd still cry, but get over it.

When an antagonists dies, depending on how much I hate them, and how much bother the boss battle gives me, I'll either give a smug "ner ner" or a "STAY THE F***K DOWN AND GET OUT OF MY LIFE" comment.

I always tend to laugh when an NPC dies though, like the fat cake muncher in Leon's scenario, just because they make them so hilariously stupid. .......am I a bad person?
---
Watch and you'll see, some day I'll be, part of your world.
#8hunter_7289Posted 7/3/2012 6:58:46 AM
MakoChanX posted...
It's just personal preference.

For example, if Ada died, I would cry and vow never to play again.

If Leon, Chris or Sherry died........I'd still cry, but get over it.

When an antagonists dies, depending on how much I hate them, and how much bother the boss battle gives me, I'll either give a smug "ner ner" or a "STAY THE F***K DOWN AND GET OUT OF MY LIFE" comment.

I always tend to laugh when an NPC dies though, like the fat cake muncher in Leon's scenario, just because they make them so hilariously stupid. .......am I a bad person?

Did you laugh when:
1. The two NPC's died in the beginning of RE4.
2. Whenever an RE helicopter dies.
3. When a random NPC gets killed, then turns into zombie.
---
Official Talk No Jutsu of All Boards
#9Morrigan12(Topic Creator)Posted 7/3/2012 7:48:40 AM
I'm not emotionally cold but If these people are only in the game for a few scenes and have no real personality why should i care?

If Jill or Claire had died I would have been in pieces and I'm quite upset seeing Chris at rock bottom but if someone of note in Chris's life had died then It would have given me the complete impact.
#10TMW001Posted 7/3/2012 8:03:10 AM
Morrigan12 posted...
I'm not emotionally cold but If these people are only in the game for a few scenes and have no real personality why should i care?

If Jill or Claire had died I would have been in pieces and I'm quite upset seeing Chris at rock bottom but if someone of note in Chris's life had died then It would have given me the complete impact.

That but there can be one shot chacracters who are likeable that end up dying like Doug from Desperate Escape DLC in 5 had more personality than the main characters.