Melee Combat Mini Guide (RE6 Demo)

#1NeroDBPosted 7/4/2012 9:10:59 AM
Hey guys!
Many seem to be confused on how the melee combat seems to work on RE6.
I would say it was quite weird at first when I first tried it out. But playing it more and more and analyzing what melee attacks happen in what circumstances made it much more enjoyable.

Here's a quick and short guide of what I know so far.

------------------------------------------------
Standard Physical attack
------------------------------------------------
Hitting the RT button twice allows you to use two physical attacks in a row. In trade it does take a part of your stamina bar. Using the Standard physical attack feels more convienent when you're being ganged up on (For example Leon's Campaign had a bunch of enemies coming right in the elevator)

When turning the camera around so you can see the characters face. It will allow you to use a single back attack which seems a bit more powerful than the frontal ones.

Ofcourse you can also for example hit the RT button once infront of you then swap the camera for a quick back attack.

----------------------------------------------
Context Physical Attacks
----------------------------------------------
People who played RE4 and RE5 will be familiar with this.
There are three ways to activate contextual physical attacks
- Shooting them in a specific area.
- Countering an attack
- If they're near death.

Context Physical attacks do not drain your stamina bar (I need to double check this since I always play with the hud off)

So far from what I know, You can shoot them in the head, shoulders and legs
The leg animation will have them kneeling or slightly staggered from the gunshot(The window is very small for this)
The shoulder animation will have them holding their shoulder.
You can also stomp on them when they're on the ground.

There's only three animations so far for characters if they are standing or kneeling (Standing you can attack from the front or the back. Kneeling just gives the same animation no matter what side your attacking)

-----------------------------------------------
Countering Physical Attacks
-----------------------------------------------
You can counter almost every physical attack in the Chris and Leon campaign section
In order to counter you need to stand ---Directly--- Infront of the opponent. Facing with your back or slightly to the side will not allow the button to appear thus you will get hit in the process.

There are various animations that characters will counter with.
Chris for example will shove the opponent or elbow them if he has a gun equipped.
But if he has a knife equipped then he will dodge and stab them

Depending on the enemy attack the way your character will counter will also change.
For example if it's a lethal knife or a J'avo attack he will use a different animation

---------------------------------------------------
Interacting With Your Enviroment
---------------------------------------------------
The Cast can also interact with their enviroment. For instance.
If Sherry shoots a J'avo in the head and there's a wall right behind the J'avo.
She will slam the j'avo's head into the wall.

If the opponent is standing on a higher platform then Chris.
You can hit the melee button so Chris grabs the enemy by their leg and pulls them down like that. Some enviromental attacks require you to stagger them first while others depend on the position of the opponent.

Jake Muller Combat mechanics coming soon
Here's a video of my gameplay mostly showing off the close combat

(Chris)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDGZ_cYvDUY

(Sherry)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWiseuB4Vl8

I hope this helps for beginners out there or people wanting to understand how it works.
---
PSN ID: NeroMD
Youtube: Http://www.youtube.com/TheNeroDB
#2vhunter14Posted 7/4/2012 9:13:08 AM
Leon's body slam is the best.
---
Official Nemesis Of the UMVC3 Board...S.T.A.R.S.
#3Rude HeroPosted 7/4/2012 9:27:15 AM
Jake is a close combat god. DDT, and and being able throwing them away from their legs is great looking.

He also has some interesting attack aniamtions, a couple of times I was able to perform a comersault kickflip rather than the palm thrust but wasn't sure how I did, alt6hough I'm certain you have to be locked in combat for it to happen.
---
I don't like killing people from geographical location A, but have no qualm killing people from geographical location B.
#4largerockPosted 7/4/2012 9:34:32 AM
this game looks to be the most epic ever! I love the way you interact with the environment to attack enemies. Chris's character seems to look really, really good. Looking forward to playing Chris's story the most now.
---
Not changing this sig until Final Fantasy Versus XIII comes out.
Official Atlas of the god of war ascension board.
#5AgnisPhilosophyPosted 7/4/2012 9:52:05 AM
Awesome. Capcom has turned the RE series into a wrestling game. Goodbye Resident Evil, hello WWE.
#6MadigariPosted 7/4/2012 9:55:57 AM
AgnisPhilosophy posted...
Awesome. Capcom has turned the RE series into a wrestling game. Goodbye Resident Evil, hello WWE.

Credit given for going a different direction than "Call of Duty".

But points removed for probably making both claims at different times anyway; show some conviction.
---
Gamertag is Madigari, for both Xbox 360 and PSN.
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my originality the most.
#7AgnisPhilosophyPosted 7/4/2012 10:14:29 AM
Madigari posted...

But points removed for probably making both claims at different times anyway; show some conviction.

You used 'conviction' incorrectly. It makes no sense in the context of your troll.

RE=WWE. It's a sad day for gamers.
#8MadigariPosted 7/4/2012 10:22:01 AM
You used 'conviction' incorrectly. It makes no sense in the context of your troll.

First, con·vic·tion
Noun:
1. A formal declaration that someone is guilty of a criminal offense, made by the verdict of a jury or the decision of a judge in a court...
2. A firmly held belief or opinion.

And, it's a cute thing to call a person a troll when you're the one making inflammatory allegations against a game on said game's board. Cute, but not very accurate.
---
Gamertag is Madigari, for both Xbox 360 and PSN.
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my originality the most.
#9TheBraveOnePosted 7/4/2012 10:40:04 AM
Hey, I mean they can always give Jake a Randy Orton skin and call the dlc Legend Killer >.>
---
XBL Gamertag- Siepher1
PSN- DivineSlasher
#10SSJ2_WookiePosted 7/4/2012 10:49:25 AM
Madigari posted...

Er....I've explained before but tired of full speal...the move they do use are actually usable in defensive and offensive standpoints. The ones they have dont rely on 2 people working together to complete but morely the necassary strength and momentum shift of the moment to perform the move. Some of these moves existed in other fighting styles before Wwe. Where do you think they got them from?