The logical fallacy of people rabidly defending RE 6 and Capcom's stupidity...

#1Chr0noidPosted 7/4/2012 5:49:30 PM
If it has Resident Evil as the official name, it's Resident Evil. It is clearly an RE game.

Okay hotshot. Riddle me this then. Let's say Capcom wanted to appeal to the Nintendo crowd with RE 7. Instead of shooting zombies with guns, you shoot rabbits with slingshots. Would you still be clinging to this piss-poor defense of what Capcom is doing with this franchise?

The answer is you wouldn't. You would go from the crowd Capcom appealed to, to the crowd they alienated and history would repeat itself. Just like they did with these RE PURISTS. Purist is such an awful term for people like me anyway. We shouldn't be called purists. That kind of connotation is very....misleading.
---
Not changing this sig (or buying another Bioware game) until I get closure on Shepard and his/her LI -Started June 26th, 2012
#2xKazeruxPosted 7/4/2012 5:51:29 PM
Fo_Fai posted...
Let's say Capcom wanted to appeal to the Nintendo crowd

The Chronicles games.
---
PSN: KazimusPrime
XBL: xKazerux (Gold expired :(..)
#3ReflarePosted 7/4/2012 5:52:06 PM
Resident Evil's real name is Biohazard, and from the looks of it from the game . . . well there's a biohazard.
---
The Muse and the Painter
#4ItsAboutStylePosted 7/4/2012 5:58:20 PM
I couldn't care less how you view the franchise.
---
You aren't exactly Mister Current Affairs are you, Tommy? "Mad Fist" went mad, and "The Gun," shot himself.
#5Chr0noid(Topic Creator)Posted 7/4/2012 5:58:28 PM
Reflare posted...
Resident Evil's real name is Biohazard, and from the looks of it from the game . . . well there's a biohazard.

A video game comes out that features cars driving into Radioactive waste and spreading MUTATIONS Everwhere, while simultaneously seeing who can get to the finish line first.

Hmm....according to your logic the above must too be a Resident Evil game.
---
Not changing this sig (or buying another Bioware game) until I get closure on Shepard and his/her LI -Started June 26th, 2012
#6Spade59Posted 7/4/2012 5:58:37 PM
Funnily enough, Nintendo exclusive Resident Evil is usually worth a damn.

REmake, RE0, RE4 and Revelations.
#7Chr0noid(Topic Creator)Posted 7/4/2012 5:58:53 PM
ItsAboutStyle posted...

cared enough to respond in this topic though.
---
#8CirOnnPosted 7/4/2012 5:59:58 PM
Any Resident Evil is Resident Evil. We can cry all we want, but at the end of the day, is not our work of fiction. Sure I may not like it, just like I don't like Final Destination movies pissing all over the first movie (which I found excellent), yet, me not liking them doesn't make them any less of an entry to the series... Or you get used to it, or you don't. It's pretty simple.

I prefer the old ones, just like you, but I like these ones as well. The day I stop liking it, I'll simply drop it and hope for better days. There's nothing more to be done, actually.
#9ItsAboutStylePosted 7/4/2012 6:01:13 PM
Fo_Fai posted...
ItsAboutStyle posted...

cared enough to respond in this topic though.

Nah, just felt like letting you know your opinion is useless to me.
---
You aren't exactly Mister Current Affairs are you, Tommy? "Mad Fist" went mad, and "The Gun," shot himself.
#10Chr0noid(Topic Creator)Posted 7/4/2012 6:01:40 PM
CirOnn posted...
Any Resident Evil is Resident Evil. We can cry all we want, but at the end of the day, is not our work of fiction. Sure I may not like it, just like I don't like Final Destination movies pissing all over the first movie (which I found excellent), yet, me not liking them doesn't make them any less of an entry to the series... Or you get used to it, or you don't. It's pretty simple.

I prefer the old ones, just like you, but I like these ones as well. The day I stop liking it, I'll simply drop it and hope for better days. There's nothing more to be done, actually.

Fair enough, but I shudder to think of how anything would get done in this messed up world if we all shared your apathy.
---