The only thing that truly bothers me.......

#1_krat0s_Posted 7/5/2012 1:49:30 PM
Ok, i cant find the video of leon in the subway but im sure a few people here have seen it...

The one thing that really bothers me (and this dates back to RE4) Is (if you've seen the video)

You see Leon get surrounded by zombies...yes, about 6 run up on him, he struggles with one, then bam, the others run up........and....... stand there....... for a good 10-15 seconds...

This is what urks me, call me crazy but when i see groups running up, i wanna run away screaming OH SH** OH SH** OH SH** because im gettin bumrushed.... not have enough time to reload and get some clean headshots... THATS what kills the "Edge of my seat horror" aspect for me...its too easy to just kick off a struggle and get shots off to walk right thru... while im in no way saying this ruins the game, i love (almost) all resident evil games... but that just really annoys me
---
psn-MoarNoodlesPreez Official Quan-Chi and Cyber SZ Champ
#2darthmittenPosted 7/5/2012 1:52:37 PM
I have always said that this needs to be added in a RE game :/

Thanks for reminding me about it
---
Fever gone, but itchy. Hungry and eat doggy food. Itchy Itchy. Scott came. Ugly face so killed him. Tasty :P -Resident Evil 1 Bedroom Diary
#3NeroDBPosted 7/5/2012 1:53:25 PM
It was disappointing yes but this could've been due to the difficulty setting.

There hasn't been any footage of RE6 on it's highest difficulty.

I assume that was Normal mode though.
---
PSN ID: NeroMD
Youtube: Http://www.youtube.com/TheNeroDB
#4darthmittenPosted 7/5/2012 1:54:29 PM
Pro difficulty probably only makes them kill you in 1-2 hits :/
---
Fever gone, but itchy. Hungry and eat doggy food. Itchy Itchy. Scott came. Ugly face so killed him. Tasty :P -Resident Evil 1 Bedroom Diary
#5ZenningPosted 7/5/2012 1:54:51 PM
I know what you're saying, but I'mma thinking that if it is implemented that way, it'd be way too frustrating.
#6NeroDBPosted 7/5/2012 1:55:53 PM
I doubt it, The AI behavior in RE5 made them more aggressive, recover faster and required more spins on your analog to get out of a grab and ofcourse as you mentioned. More damage.
---
#7_krat0s_(Topic Creator)Posted 7/5/2012 2:04:16 PM
Well i know it might get frustrating at times, but if it is implemented right it wouldnt.

But i didnt think of the difficulty, i never really play on anything lower then "normal"...maybe it was on easy but still... give me some actual themes to keep me on my feet
---
psn-MoarNoodlesPreez Official Quan-Chi and Cyber SZ Champ
#8NeroDBPosted 7/5/2012 2:14:19 PM
On Stage presentation usually doesn't have a high difficulty, Mainly because they want to show off the game mechanics,enviroment or draw in casual players trough that.

The AI seems the same as the E3 Demo that we have and the E3 demo is played on Normal difficulty. (I thought it was easy at first but if you join someone's game it will tell you what difficulty it's played on)

It's also unknown how much the guns are upgraded.

I would like the highest difficulty to be something like this.

-No Health Regeneration, If you lose a block then you lose it. Only way to restore is to take a pill.

- When grabbed you require more twirls. The time limit on twirls being much less aswell.

- When trying to get the opponent off of you from a grab there's a meter with has a blue line with the (RT or X) Button on it. I would like it to have a much smaller window.

- Characters do less damage melee and weapons.

- Aggressive AI to the point where you need to take your distance.

- Button prompts hidden for counter attacks
---
#9randyc80Posted 7/5/2012 2:25:50 PM
You realize that the same mechanic existed in the earlier games as well, don't you?

It's true that you weren't surrounded nearly as often in the earlier games, but it still happened. In RE3 it was especially apparent....when you are surrounded and one enemy latches on to you, the rest just stand there and patiently wait....and when you shake the enemy off, all enemies in the immediate area are pushed back/fall over.

I'm not saying they couldn't change this, I'm just pointing out that this issue goes further back than just RE4.
#10SSJ2_WookiePosted 7/5/2012 3:57:07 PM
randyc80 posted...
You realize that the same mechanic existed in the earlier games as well, don't you?

It's true that you weren't surrounded nearly as often in the earlier games, but it still happened. In RE3 it was especially apparent....when you are surrounded and one enemy latches on to you, the rest just stand there and patiently wait....and when you shake the enemy off, all enemies in the immediate area are pushed back/fall over.

I'm not saying they couldn't change this, I'm just pointing out that this issue goes further back than just RE4.

^Very good point