Gameplay Does Not Equal Horror

#1edward18Posted 7/7/2012 4:54:39 PM
Alright, seriously, this is just something I CAN NOT stand. Why the hell do people always talk about horror when they're talking about gameplay? Gameplay has nothing to do with horror. The horror comes from the setting and characters and monsters. When people talk about the gameplay they should be talking about the survival aspects and such, not the horror aspects. Horror is not conveyed from the gameplay, the sense of survival and urgency is. THAT is what should be talked about when people are conversing about the gameplay.
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai
#2slowwavePosted 7/7/2012 4:57:23 PM
I'd hate to be horrified by horrible controls, but thankfully none of the games have been that bad.

No, I meant that. Some were stinkers alright, not worthy of being put beside Resident Evil 4 or Resident Evil 3, but I was never horrified by any of them.
---
INCOMING TRANSMISSION
#3InfectedgloryPosted 7/7/2012 5:22:02 PM
Sorry to tell you but cheap jump scares that get old immediately does not equal horror either and terrible worse acting and laughable graphics tremendously minus the horror aspects.

Also with so many of them nowadays zombies does not equal horror anymore either.
---
---Nostalgia is like alcohol. Completely ruins your judgement.
#4vhunter14Posted 7/7/2012 5:24:12 PM
Infectedglory posted...
Sorry to tell you but cheap jump scares that get old immediately does not equal horror either and terrible worse acting and laughable graphics tremendously minus the horror aspects.

Also with so many of them nowadays zombies does not equal horror anymore either.

Indeed but you should read your sig and look back at yourself to think otherwise too.
---
Official Nemesis Of the UMVC3 Board...S.T.A.R.S.
#5edward18(Topic Creator)Posted 7/7/2012 5:29:19 PM
What's horror is opinion Infected.

My point is that the gameplay's supposed to focus on the survival aspect or what the series viewed as survival, yet people always talk about horror when they talk about the gameplay for some reason.
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
#6SAGE_HANPosted 7/7/2012 5:42:15 PM
Well the settings haven't changed. The game play has.
---
WISH I COULD BREATH IN SPACE
PSN: YOUNGSAGE00
#7darkhishamPosted 7/7/2012 5:54:04 PM
Infectedglory posted...

It was scary when it was released. You cannot say old games were bad because you're desensitized now.
---
GT: The Nightdream
PSN/Steam ID: The_Nightdream
#8edward18(Topic Creator)Posted 7/7/2012 5:57:36 PM
Just don't argue with Infected. That's not what the topic's about for one and for two he is pretty much going to argue about anyone that favors the old controls and crap.
---
#9InfectedgloryPosted 7/7/2012 6:00:27 PM
darkhisham posted...
Infectedglory posted...

It was scary when it was released. You cannot say old games were bad because you're desensitized now.

Thats true but its laugable for today's standards which is why a game like the old versions will be just as hard to please as RE6 is now.
---
---Nostalgia is like alcohol. Completely ruins your judgement.
#10edward18(Topic Creator)Posted 7/7/2012 6:01:08 PM
Screw standards. Fear is opinion-based Infected.
---