Your Reaction: If Modern Technology Enables Regenerating Body

#1GoldsicklePosted 7/20/2012 6:10:26 PM
Suddenly, "regenerating health" isn't as unrealistic as people make them out to be...
---
There is no such thing as a "Quick Time Event done right".
A game that has Quick Time Events is a "video game done wrong".
#2gregamastaPosted 7/20/2012 6:20:04 PM
Unrealistic? what are you people talking about? i regenerate my health over time like a normal human being. I got shot and the arm and the wound closed after 5 minutes. That's normal right?
---
-*S.T.A.R.S*- B.S.A.A. Captain Chris Redfield PSN: Devilsnevercry_3
3DS FC:0774-4319-4137 FALL IN LINE SOLDIER!
#3hunter_7289Posted 7/20/2012 6:39:44 PM
gregamasta posted...
Unrealistic? what are you people talking about? i regenerate my health over time like a normal human being. I got shot and the arm and the wound closed after 5 minutes. That's normal right?

Actually, I think it might have taken a little too long.

Oh and the bullet did come out on its own right, because if it didn't, you may have something wrong with you.
---
Official Talk No Jutsu of All Boards
#4Macho_taco_23Posted 7/20/2012 6:43:55 PM
Hmm. Usually when I'm bleeding pretty bad I just crouch down and then after a few seconds the ny wound is healed. Afterwards I eat a ration and I feel as I've I was never injured to begin with.
---
Has it never occurred to you that this message board is over populated? Only a handful of users truly matter. Everyone else is just so much chaff!
#5MadigariPosted 7/20/2012 6:53:44 PM
Their joke topics not withstanding, what are you talking about here? Nanomachine style, or stem cells? Because, not sure on the former, but definite medical applications have been found on the latter.

I'd have to ask to know for sure whether "video game style regeneration" would be possible, but I know they're already in testing to make body parts from scratch that your body wouldn't reject. They soak them in your own cells to make it "your" organ, in a nut shell.
---
Gamertag is Madigari, for both Xbox 360 and PSN.
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my originality the most.
#6gregamastaPosted 7/20/2012 9:06:20 PM
hunter_7289 posted...
gregamasta posted...

Actually, I think it might have taken a little too long.

Oh and the bullet did come out on its own right, because if it didn't, you may have something wrong with you.

Well, i'm always getting shot,stabbed,cut,etc so it is a normal healing time for me. demon huntin' ain't easy but someone gotta do it ya know?
---
#7MadigariPosted 7/20/2012 9:38:38 PM
Okay, I asked about it, and he said:

"Theoretically, video game regeneration -could- be possible, if you have like an injection on hand with stem cells designed for that specific wound you have in that specific location it's in and with your genetic code in those cells. So, yes, it's possible, but probably not anything we'd see any time soon."

As for the nanomachine sort of healing, he said he didn't know anything about that off the top of his head.
---
Gamertag is Madigari, for both Xbox 360 and PSN.
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my originality the most.
#8largerockPosted 7/20/2012 10:17:21 PM
Pssssshhh, pansies. I daily get my arm, legs, body, and head ripped off, and I have nothing to worry about except for grand babies. And also, after a long day, I throw my head at my female neighbors house to "see".
---
Not changing this sig until Final Fantasy Versus XIII comes out.
Official Atlas of the god of war ascension board.
#9gregamastaPosted 7/20/2012 10:38:36 PM
largerock posted...
Pssssshhh, pansies. I daily get my arm, legs, body, and head ripped off, and I have nothing to worry about except for grand babies. And also, after a long day, I throw my head at my female neighbors house to "see".

http://objection.mrdictionary.net/go.php?n=5995323
---
#10largerockPosted 7/21/2012 12:20:38 AM(edited)
gregamasta posted...
largerock posted...

http://objection.mrdictionary.net/go.php?n=5995323

Is it sad that I liked the music in that thing you posted?
---
Not changing this sig until Final Fantasy Versus XIII comes out.
Official Atlas of the god of war ascension board.