How did you feel about Billy in RE0? (Spoilers)

#1NexzonPosted 7/26/2012 12:43:03 PM
I'm curious, how do you people feel about Billy from RE0? I used to think that a convict and not a law abiding citizen being a controllable protagonist in a RE game had potential. Evidently things didn't pan out IMO. Why? Because Capcom played the trope straight. He was always an innocent man and never an immoral one. So he was just a Do Gooder.

It would have been interesting if Billy indeed was a confirmed murderer. You don't even need to make him evil, just have him do what he did and feel proud of doing it because he felt those soldiers killing innocents deserved to die. That would make him fall in line of neutrality to an anti-hero of sorts.
---
Bandwagon sheeps
#2heartlesshero17Posted 7/26/2012 1:15:43 PM
Thought he was awesome
---
I'll eat a sock if VersusXIII is actually a mind blowing game.
-PainsPerception
#3RagirothPosted 7/26/2012 2:33:38 PM
I thought he was awesome and needs to be in more ****ing games.
---
http://z8.invisionfree.com/Final_Chase_Zone/index.php?
PSN-Ragiroth
#4heartlesshero17Posted 7/26/2012 2:34:53 PM
Ragiroth posted...

I would be happy if he at least ended being a mercenaries character
---
-PainsPerception
#5CrimzonHeadPosted 7/26/2012 3:33:47 PM
heartlesshero17 posted...
Thought he was awesome

Ragiroth posted...

---
PSN: Crimzonhead
Don't be scared homie
#6SiLVeR_420Posted 7/26/2012 3:42:31 PM
heartlesshero17 posted...
Ragiroth posted...

I would be happy if he at least ended being a mercenaries character

Id be fine with this.
Or give him and Rebecca a game again.
---
Gamertag- youngSiLVeRstar
Forgive the name.
#7JCChronoPosted 7/26/2012 3:49:30 PM
I always love when characters without direct training for dealing with zombies are involved in the series, like Billy (although he has training he has no gear due to being a convict), Claire and most of the Outbreak cast. Makes them more relatable and fun to see someone that would probably easily die in this scenario (Cindy, Yoko, George) survive through all the horror.

Not to slam on the main crew, but they're getting to used to things by now that the game just doesn't have the same edge to it as before in regards to characters.
#8MrcTOtheJPosted 7/26/2012 4:18:35 PM(edited)
Huh, I was just playing RE:0 the other day (first use of my Gamecube in Years) Thinking that he needs to at lease show up in Mercanaries or somthing, if not show up in a Game's story line somehow.
---
Currently playing:TES:V Skyrim, Fallout: New Vegas.
Currently Waiting for: DBZ Budokai HD Collection, Fallout 4, GTAV, Naruto UNS3, and Dawnguard PS3, and RE6
#9heartlesshero17Posted 7/26/2012 4:23:44 PM
JCChrono posted...
I always love when characters without direct training for dealing with zombies are involved in the series, like Billy (although he has training he has no gear due to being a convict), Claire and most of the Outbreak cast. Makes them more relatable and fun to see someone that would probably easily die in this scenario (Cindy, Yoko, George) survive through all the horror.

Not to slam on the main crew, but they're getting to used to things by now that the game just doesn't have the same edge to it as before in regards to characters.

I somewhat agree with this
---
-PainsPerception
#10Nexzon(Topic Creator)Posted 7/26/2012 4:27:06 PM
If Billy comes back what can we done with him? Currently he's running from the law. Sure Rebecca lied for him pretending that he's dead, but if the wrong people identify him he's getting the lethal injection.
---
Bandwagon sheeps