Expert Difficulty/Option

#11hunter_7289Posted 8/2/2012 3:07:30 PM
But what about those that only use knives?
---
Official Talk No Jutsu of All Boards
#12LiquidFuze180Posted 8/2/2012 3:20:09 PM
this is a dumb question but how do you grief randoms? what does that even mean? and what purpose does it serve?
---
I've probably angered you at some point but please like this video, it would mean a lot! xD http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rnoYL5qykE
#13MusambaniPosted 8/2/2012 5:09:34 PM
LiquidFuze180 posted...
this is a dumb question but how do you grief randoms? what does that even mean? and what purpose does it serve?

It's very easy. Simplest to slightly more complex here:

#1. Join game. Do not do anything, simple as that.

#2. Kill yourself repeatedly to force them into Continue screen. Also kill yourself and them at the start with a fast rocket. Also, when at QTEs(like final Wesker Rocket death QTE, don't press QTE. They'll have to continue in a cut scene and won't be able to kick you.)

#3. Join mercenaries. Discard weapons, see how long it takes for them to notice...or even care!

#4. Teamkill them with rockets and try to make it look like an accident! (Then throw an incendiary grenade for added lulz)

#5. Shoot flash grenades directly at their feet, which still hurts them a tiny bit. Will kill them if in Dying or very near it and cause them to WTF. Excellent smoke screen to your incendiary as well.

#6. Throw incendiary grenades that intentionally hurt them but look like an accident regardless.

#7. Shoot red barrels when they're near them (and busy with enemies) and try to act inconspicuous.

#8. Throw eggs directly at their feet, which causes them to stall and cover their faces for a second, possibly getting them surrounded & hurt.

#9 In Mercenaries, run around and do not kill anything. Bottleneck the enemies and group them up, and overtime your partner will not see any spawns and you can trail them around the map to effectively troll the game before they realize it.

#10. Ghosting. Have a friend on the opposite team in Versus to ruin your opponent and vice versa.
#14MusambaniPosted 8/2/2012 5:10:56 PM
turtles1236 posted...
Musambani posted...
Encourages griefing like in L4D's Expert mode.

Encourages Infinite Ammo play like RE5's professional.

Would go largely unused.

I'll just keep the Professional (mostly) one hit kills. This game is already looking like it's going to be a royal pain in the ass to finish on the highest difficulty setting as is, so I'm curious about any potential changes to Pro more than I am making the game even harder.

According to the poll so far 34/35 people like the idea so how would it go largely unused? .

Minority excuses.
#15turtles1236(Topic Creator)Posted 8/2/2012 5:19:44 PM
Musambani posted...
turtles1236 posted...
Musambani posted...

Would go largely unused.

I'll just keep the Professional (mostly) one hit kills. This game is already looking like it's going to be a royal pain in the ass to finish on the highest difficulty setting as is, so I'm curious about any potential changes to Pro more than I am making the game even harder.

According to the poll so far 34/35 people like the idea so how would it go largely unused? .

Minority excuses.

Sir your in the minority the majority of us likes the expert option . . . you must be the noob that voted for the last option.
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbNA6tlKZWA&feature=plcp
PSN: BiG j 632 / XBL: XIG BiG j 632
#16Mister_ZurkonPosted 8/2/2012 5:25:51 PM
Needs a "IDGAF" option.
---
I prefer Genaro's. But what do I know? I'm a bear. I suck the heads off fish! - Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
#17MusambaniPosted 8/2/2012 5:28:44 PM
turtles1236 posted...
Musambani posted...
turtles1236 posted...
Musambani posted...

Would go largely unused.

Minority excuses.

Sir your in the minority the majority of us likes the expert option . . . you must be the noob that voted for the last option.

Implying that 39 Gamefaqs users and their votes represent the majority of millions of fans who will be buying the game who don't post on forums about it.

Also, to be fair, I voted for the griefing option. What other choice is there? The game is already challenging enough, and you've proven you're only someone who wants to live in the illusion of being good at games by giving himself extra-frustrating stipulations on the (mostly) instant-kill difficulty.

That's fine and all, but you're acting like it means something.

You're really trying hard to justify this.
#18Hewie3Posted 8/2/2012 5:40:30 PM
Pro mode in 5 was completely awful. It's not "Professional" it's just cheap & aggravating. Any replacement is fine by me.
---
If you're going to make a big deal over everything, don't do it around me.
PSN ID: LeonHart32
#19LiquidFuze180Posted 8/2/2012 5:48:09 PM
Musambani posted...
LiquidFuze180 posted...

It's very easy. Simplest to slightly more complex here:

#1. Join game. Do not do anything, simple as that.

#2. Kill yourself repeatedly to force them into Continue screen. Also kill yourself and them at the start with a fast rocket. Also, when at QTEs(like final Wesker Rocket death QTE, don't press QTE. They'll have to continue in a cut scene and won't be able to kick you.)

#3. Join mercenaries. Discard weapons, see how long it takes for them to notice...or even care!

#4. Teamkill them with rockets and try to make it look like an accident! (Then throw an incendiary grenade for added lulz)

#5. Shoot flash grenades directly at their feet, which still hurts them a tiny bit. Will kill them if in Dying or very near it and cause them to WTF. Excellent smoke screen to your incendiary as well.

#6. Throw incendiary grenades that intentionally hurt them but look like an accident regardless.

#7. Shoot red barrels when they're near them (and busy with enemies) and try to act inconspicuous.

#8. Throw eggs directly at their feet, which causes them to stall and cover their faces for a second, possibly getting them surrounded & hurt.

#9 In Mercenaries, run around and do not kill anything. Bottleneck the enemies and group them up, and overtime your partner will not see any spawns and you can trail them around the map to effectively troll the game before they realize it.

#10. Ghosting. Have a friend on the opposite team in Versus to ruin your opponent and vice versa.

Something wrong, I hold my head
MJ gone, our *****a dead
I slap my girl, she call the feds
I did that time, I spent that bread
I'm headin home, I'm almost dead
I'm on my way headin up the stairs
to my surprise, a *****a replacin me
i had to take him to that ghetto university
---
I've probably angered you at some point but please like this video, it would mean a lot! xD http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rnoYL5qykE
#20turtles1236(Topic Creator)Posted 8/3/2012 9:33:20 AM
"Implying that 39 Gamefaqs users and their votes represent the majority of millions of fans who will be buying the game who don't post on forums about it."

Who said anything about millions of people? This is a poll so i'm only talking about the people in the poll which is the majority.
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbNA6tlKZWA&feature=plcp
PSN: BiG j 632 / XBL: XIG BiG j 632