The best selling RE game was RE5

#21nimatoda666Posted 8/3/2012 1:31:39 PM
Loki90 posted...
Diablo56789 posted...
Cool, so the worst RE game made the most money, good to know. Doesn't change the fact that it sucked and didn't deserve 80% of the money it made.

But that's okay apparently cause "SALES" mean everything

I loved RE5. Too me it was awesome. Its the only RE game that I cared to finish more the once, in fact I lost count of how many times I finish RE5.

Also, I have all RE games ever made to date, many consoles and yet RE5 its the best to me.

The problem is all the big games out now for consoles are mainly shooters while resident evil was one of the few survival horror games, hope capcom enjoys what they got out of it, because as fun as re5 is, the people who love the game wouldn't miss it nearly as much as people who miss a good re. And that's a fact
#22ElusionM_08Posted 8/3/2012 1:44:15 PM(edited)
Diablo56789 posted...
Cool, so the worst RE game made the most money, good to know. Doesn't change the fact that it sucked and didn't deserve 80% of the money it made.

Yes. Newsflash to you, sales does mean everything. This ****ty "sales don't mean anything" card has been pulled by people who have no argument in defense so much, that it's painful to even see it mentioned now.

Sales doesn't have to mean quality every single time(COD for example), but that doesn't mean the only example is applied to all success in terms of sales. Resident Evil 5 is undoubtedly one of the most quality games, especially compared to the low end games like COD (heck, RE4 is more quality in comparison to COD).

If something, is GOOD, POPULAR and people LOVE it, it will sell. Period. The quality aspect doesn't even need to be bothered with at this point. If it sells, it is a loved and popular success.

COD is successful in the sense that it appeals to many fps gamers, quality doesn't matter because the MULTIPLAYER is dominant here. Take out the multiplayer, COD dies a painful death.

RE5 on the other hand, is a popular, successful sequel to the popular title preceeding it(RE4), into an already popular and successful franchise. This success is based on quality. No one bought RE5 for multiplayer. People bought it for the name, the story, the gameplay, the graphics, the soundeffects and the quality it possessed. There is zero denying on this, and anyone who denies this, is, well, in denial.

Unarguable facts of RE5 vs RE4:

RE5 has better graphics
RE5 has better sounds
RE5 has a more popular gameplay (co-op)
RE5 is more technologically advanced
Voice acting and mo-cap is superior in RE5 (don't even deny this, unless you are a fanboy)
Replay value rapes RE4s (in terms of sheer length/things to do) (replaying for fun only is subjective for both titles, but from a production value, RE5 has 2-3x more to offer)
Merceneries is far superior and more extensive
More game modes giving more options and play value to the player
Much smoother gameplay
Players get much more control over the characters, along with many more options
Much more when it comes to weapons and guns
Many more unlockables

Arguable(subjective but clearly superior stand alone):

-RE5 has a better story (you can hate it to your guts, but the fact remains, it has the more RELEVANT STORY, 3 main characters who started Resident Evil, no stupid cheesy crap, and the story not only takes care of plot holes, but it doesn't create any AND it progresses the story)

-Real time inventory. People always want RE to be scary, hard, tense, etc. Whereas RE4 broke game flow killing any tension, RE5 pitted you with real time inventory management leaving you to getting attacked and even killed, compared to the Poke-Tetris invisible case in RE4 (if RE4 had real time, the fanboys would be humping it to death).

The facts remain. RE4, when it came out, was successful because of the gameplay. RE5 came out and became even MORE successful, because of the gameplay (co-op especially). There is no denying that, since like RE5 advanced on RE4, RE6 is advancing on RE5. Co-op, real time inventory, extensive melee, etc, are the creations of RE5(within RE, and no, Outbreak doesn't count, its co-op failed and was never used outside of it, whereas co-op since RE5 has been used in RER, LiN, and 3 campaigns of RE6, and no doubt future REs).

Resident Evil 4 redefined the series, RE5 dropped all the bad and made the good even better, and added many great features of it's own. Likewise, RE6 is taking many of RE5's features, making them better, and adding many of it's own.

It's no denying RE5 has created and set the future of Resident Evil, both gameplay and story wise).
#23Loki90(Topic Creator)Posted 8/3/2012 1:44:38 PM
ElusionM_08 posted...
Diablo56789 posted...

Yes. Newsflash to you, sales does mean everything. This ****ty "sales don't mean anything" card has been pulled by people who have no argument in defense so much, that it's painful to even see it mentioned now.

Sales doesn't have to mean quality every single time(COD for example), but that doesn't mean the only example is applied to all success in terms of sales. Resident Evil 5 is undoubtedly one of the most quality games, especially compared to the low end games like COD (heck, RE4 is more quality in comparison to COD).

If something, is GOOD, POPULAR and people LOVE it, it will sell. Period. The quality aspect doesn't even need to be bothered with at this point. If it sells, it is a loved and popular success.

COD is successful in the sense that it appeals to many fps gamers, quality doesn't matter because the MULTIPLAYER is dominant here. Take out the multiplayer, COD dies a painful death.

RE5 on the other hand, is a popular, successful sequel to the popular title preceeding it(RE4), into an already popular and successful franchise. This success is based on quality. No one bought RE5 for multiplayer. People bought it for the name, the story, the gameplay, the graphics, the soundeffects and the quality it possessed. There is zero denying on this, and anyone who denies this, is, well, in denial.

RE5 has better graphics
RE5 has better sounds
Voice acting and mo-cap is superior in RE5 (don't even deny this, unless you are a fanboy)
Replay value rapes RE4s (in terms of sheer length/things to do) (replaying for fun only is subjective for both titles, but from a production value, RE5 2-3x more to offer)
Much smoother gameplay
Many more unlockables

-RE5 has a better story (you can hate it to your guts, but the fact remains, it has the more RELEVANT STORY, 3 main characters who started Resident Evil, no stupid cheesy crap, and the story not only takes care of plot holes, but it doesn't create any AND it progresses the story)

-Real time inventory. People always want RE to be scary, hard, tense, etc. Whereas RE4 broke game flow killing any tension, RE5 pitted you with real time inventory management leaving you to getting attacked and even killed, compared to the Poke-Tetris invisible case in RE4 (if RE4 had real time, the fanboys would be humping it to death).

The facts remain. RE4, when it came out, was successful because of the gameplay. RE5 came out and became even MORE successful, because of the gameplay (co-op especially). There is no denying that, since like RE5 advanced on RE4, RE6 is advancing on RE5. Co-op, real time inventory, extensive melee, etc, are the creations of RE5(within RE, and no outbreak doesn't count, it's co-op failed and was never used outside of it, whereas co-op since RE5 has been used in RER, LiN, and 3 campaigns of RE6, and no doubt future REs).

Resident Evil 4 redefined the series, RE5 dropped all the bad and made the good even better, and added many great features of it's own. Likewise, RE6 is taking many of RE5's features, making them better, and adding many of it's own.

It's no denying RE5 has created and set the future of Resident Evil (co-op).

I really liked what you wrote.
#24MakoChanXPosted 8/3/2012 1:45:51 PM
ElusionM_08 posted...

RE5 has better graphics
RE5 has better sounds
Replay value rapes RE4s (in terms of sheer length/things to do) (replaying for fun only is subjective for both titles, but from a production value, RE5 2-3x more to offer)
Much smoother gameplay
Many more unlockables

The facts remain. RE4, when it came out, was successful because of the gameplay. RE5 came out and became even MORE successful, because of the gameplay (co-op especially). There is no denying that, since like RE5 advanced on RE4, RE6 is advancing on RE5. Co-op, real time inventory, extensive melee, etc, are the creations of RE5(within RE, and no outbreak doesn't count, it's co-op failed and was never used outside of it, whereas co-op since RE5 has been used in RER, LiN, and 3 campaigns of RE6, and no doubt future REs).

It's no denying RE5 has created and set the future of Resident Evil (co-op).

Nice opinion, but that's all it is.

You can defend and big up 5 all you want, but your opinion is only valid to the people who agree with you. To the people who don't agree, all this you spent your time writing, means nothing.

I could name so many "unarguable facts" that 4 is "superior" to 5, but it wouldn't matter, because it's just my opinion.

The only "fact" you have posted is that 5 has superior graphics, and is more technologically advanced. The rest is your opinion, and just in case you forgot, everyone has their own.
---
Watch and you'll see, some day I'll be, part of your world.
#25ElusionM_08Posted 8/3/2012 1:51:05 PM
No. The only opinions in my post were about the story, etc, (which are partial opinions), so calm down there.

And you can't name "so many" unarguable facts, because there just aren't. The Unarguable facts block I wrote is CLEARLY UNARGUABLE (are you seriously going to argue re4 has better graphics, sounds and mo-cop?).

RE5 is a success. Because it's great and it's loved. Fact. Period.
Things only sell well when the PEOPLE love them and want them. You can say COD sucks, but that doesn't change the fact PEOPLE LOVE it (I personally dislike it).
---
Chris and Leon Bromance - October 2nd 2012
#26Diablo56789Posted 8/3/2012 2:01:51 PM
All of your opinions are OPINIONS cept for the graphics thing, but that's hardly RE4 fault now is it?

All those things you mentioned can be refuted. for instance. I thought Mercier did a better job as Leon than Chris' VA did as Chris (Forgot his name)

It's as easy as that! I'm not going to bother posting for 3 reasons. 1 Its my opinions 2 Everybody who agrees with me will agree with me and those who don't won't Its that simple, being right or wrong has nothing to do with it. and 3 Because I do think RE4 is better than RE5 which only has Co-op to back it up
---
I've got a gun to your head!
#27ElusionM_08Posted 8/3/2012 2:03:15 PM
I didn't say which VA is better, I said the voice ACTING was better. The cutscenes easily prove this, cinematic scenes with Hollywood acting (not surprised, since Hollywood WAS involved with RE5). Same for mo-cap.
---
#28Diablo56789Posted 8/3/2012 2:04:33 PM
I disagree, It's as simple as that. Nobody is going to throw their opinion away, people hold on to their opinions even if they know they're wrong. So I disagree, not that it should matter to you,
---
I've got a gun to your head!
#29MakoChanXPosted 8/3/2012 2:06:07 PM
ElusionM_08 posted...
No. The only opinions in my post were about the story, etc, (which are partial opinions), so calm down there.

And you can't name "so many" unarguable facts, because there just aren't. The Unarguable facts block I wrote is CLEARLY UNARGUABLE (are you seriously going to argue re4 has better graphics, sounds and mo-cop?).

RE5 is a success. Because it's great and it's loved. Fact. Period.
Things only sell well when the PEOPLE love them and want them. You can say COD sucks, but that doesn't change the fact PEOPLE LOVE it (I personally dislike it).

That's why I clearly stated, that the facts you posted were the graphics and technology advances (which includes graphics, sound quality, mo-cap etc).

5 is a success, a huge success, but that doesn't make it "superior" to any other game in the franchise. That comes down to opinion, and the only superior "unarguable facts" is the advance in graphics and technology as stated.

Everything else, controls, the content/weapons included, characters, inventory, etc is all down to personal opinion.
---
Watch and you'll see, some day I'll be, part of your world.
#30ElusionM_08Posted 8/3/2012 2:07:06 PM
Not a problem.
---