The best selling RE game was RE5

#51Mister_ZurkonPosted 8/3/2012 5:20:31 PM
vitonemesis posted...
Hawke0 posted...
sehr0 posted...
true maybe it got the biggest number (5.8 million) but that's because its multi game while RE2 sold 4.96 million just on the playstation alone :3 .

RE2 is the one that sold 5.8 million.

NOPE.

http://www.capcom.co.jp/ir/english/business/million.html

Strange that they bunch the PS360 versions together but not the other versions of the older RE's.
---
I prefer Genaro's. But what do I know? I'm a bear. I suck the heads off fish! - Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
#52xXxAdaxXxPosted 8/3/2012 5:23:01 PM
Mister_Zurkon posted...
xXxAdaxXx posted...
Do a poll, I dare you, and ask what is a better game, RE5 or RE4.

Let's see who gets it. Sales mean NOTHING.
Look at terrible game like Operation Raccoon City, and how it was a success.
Look at a fantastic game like Dead Space Extraction, and how it flopped.

Seriously, you are using DS: Extraction as the example?

The poorman's Umbrella Chronicles? (Which in turn is the poor mans House of the Dead Overkill)

Not Binary Domain or Shadow's of the Damned.

I had Extraction at the top of my head because I remember playing it on my Wii and thinking "this is amazing!" I thought it was gonna be such a hit but it shocked me.

I loved Umbrella Chronicles, it was a success. Darkside was also amazing but it wasn't as successful as Umbrella, it wasn't a complete failure like Extraction though. That's why I named that, there is a lot of examples really, but you get the idea of my post.
---
Here's something to remember me by... // "The more things change, the more they stay the same." - Ada Wong, RE6
#53ElusionM_08Posted 8/3/2012 5:33:35 PM
xXxAdaxXx posted...

Because a damned poll on a small board full of fanboys and senseless kids means a lot?

I already explained the sales concept. People buy what is loved, popular, fun etc. RE5 is the most sold, thus its popular, fun and loved by millions.

Had RE4 sold more, you would've never stopped humping the would have been fact.
---
Chris and Leon Bromance - October 2nd 2012
#54xXxAdaxXxPosted 8/3/2012 5:38:30 PM
ElusionM_08 posted...
xXxAdaxXx posted...

Because a damned poll on a small board full of fanboys and senseless kids means a lot?

I already explained the sales concept. People buy what is loved, popular, fun etc. RE5 is the most sold, thus its popular, fun and loved by millions.

By your logic, Operation Raccoon City is loved.
And an amazing game that doesn't do commercially despite the reason is terrible.

I won't even argue with you anymore.
---
Here's something to remember me by... // "The more things change, the more they stay the same." - Ada Wong, RE6
#55Mister_ZurkonPosted 8/3/2012 5:40:57 PM
ElusionM_08 posted...
xXxAdaxXx posted...

RE5 sold more by like... 100K. Not even counting digital copies, in which RE4 still sells more than 5. (To this day RE4 is still on the top 20 PSN sales.

RE4 won over a dozen GotY awards compared to RE5's ZERO.

Reception is just as important as Sales. Especially when the sales are so close.
---
I prefer Genaro's. But what do I know? I'm a bear. I suck the heads off fish! - Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
#56nimatoda666Posted 8/3/2012 6:55:05 PM
ElusionM_08 posted...
xXxAdaxXx posted...

Diablo 3 says hello, seriously sold 7 million copies in a week and it is deeply hated by fan base. People buy what they THINK is popular fun etc. after you play a game you can't return it if you think it's bad. Seriously I debated your entire post about all the facts why re5 is so much better, and you don't even respond, there's a reason I guess your only argument now is sales. Then you show your immaturity by using rape instead of own and talking about fans humping facts. Seriously man at least on a forum try to act mature
#57Hawke0Posted 8/3/2012 10:27:26 PM
xXxAdaxXx posted...

cause the Wii definetly wasn't flooded with rail shooters, and DS:E, a prequel to a game with no Wii fanbase and no advertising, stood out so well. A better example would be No More Heroes 2, Conduit 2, and of course, Red Steel 2.
---
Conduit 2 FC: 0562-2516-9316-name Hawke
#58DetBeauregardPosted 8/3/2012 10:43:16 PM
Hawke0 posted...
sales=/=quality.

/end topic
#59so_realPosted 8/3/2012 10:54:16 PM
Sales are not a gameplay experience.

Never in any series have I seen something along the lines of "the controls suck, the graphics are glitchy, I didn't find the story engaging BUT AT LEAST IT SOLD WELL! ^_^"

Never. Quality is judged by the experiences of all who play it. The majority determine what happens with the next installment based off of overall reception. So while a person's experience is subjective outside technological aspects of gameplay, the sales don't mean anything. It's just the business aspect that they (the company) use and not us. (the gamers)

If reception meant nothing then Leon would be shirtless with a cigar and machete mowing down mutant bears fused with lasers in RE6.
#60ElusionM_08Posted 8/3/2012 10:56:08 PM
I already explained the sales thing, I have done my part, fending off ignorance isn't my job, nor do I care about it.
---
Chris and Leon Bromance - October 2nd 2012