The best selling RE game was RE5

#61so_realPosted 8/3/2012 11:10:28 PM
ElusionM_08 posted...
I already explained the sales thing, I have done my part, fending off ignorance isn't my job, nor do I care about it.

You made an objective statement and supported it with technical differences and your personal experience of the two games. Those don't have anything to do with why sales are important when evaluating a game. Try acting like less of an arrogant **** next time while you're at it. It doesn't help add any substance or establish your view more clearly or strongly.
#62ElusionM_08Posted 8/3/2012 11:14:47 PM
Like I said, I clearly explained it. Understanding it is your problem, which, you seem to have a hard time with so far.
---
Chris and Leon Bromance - October 2nd 2012
#63so_realPosted 8/3/2012 11:24:47 PM
ElusionM_08 posted...
Like I said, I clearly explained it. Understanding it is your problem, which, you seem to have a hard time with so far.

Yeah, anyone who doesn't agree with your claims clearly just doesn't understand that you're so obviously correct with no room for doubt.

You clearly explained yourself, but nothing you said was anything but your own opinion in regards to the comparison or the two games, or the idea of what caused RE5's sales. Others have already given you instances where sales were great but reception was poor amongst the fanbase, and you even admitted to this yourself. But you haven't explained why RE5 is an exception to this with unarguable fact, or why it's widely accepted that it was a poor game overall despite its technological advancements.

Surely capcom didn't make the changes to RE6 simply because of GameFAQs users? More people were disappointed with RE5 than we see here.
#64ElusionM_08Posted 8/3/2012 11:37:22 PM
Except RE6 is using SO MUCH FROM RE5, from the gameplay down to enemies(literally copy pasted), down to the way doors are kicked open.

Yeah, Capcom themselves said they are taking from RE5 like RE5 took from RE4, and that like RE4 was a success, RE5 was a bigger success. Every game after RE5 is based off of RE5's gameplay (and in regards to RE6, story even).
---
#65Mister_ZurkonPosted 8/3/2012 11:43:34 PM
ElusionM_08 posted...
Except RE6 is using SO MUCH FROM RE5, from the gameplay down to enemies(literally copy pasted), down to the way doors are kicked open.

Yeah, Capcom themselves said they are taking from RE5 like RE5 took from RE4, and that like RE4 was a success, RE5 was a bigger success. Every game after RE5 is based off of RE5's gameplay (and in regards to RE6, story even).

Yes, That is how sequels work.
---
I prefer Genaro's. But what do I know? I'm a bear. I suck the heads off fish! - Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
#66so_realPosted 8/3/2012 11:52:10 PM
ElusionM_08 posted...

RE5 was a bigger success financially, but not critically. They took notice of the overall negative response to the larger focus on action and even larger departure from elements that are considered the horror aspects amongst the fanbase. Capcom saw that all their drastic changes to RE4 garnered the response that it received, so they pumped up the action even more which turned out to be counter-productive in reception.

Yeah, RE5 lifted almost all of its content from RE4 and changed it around, it's only biggest innovation was co-op though. Everything else were minor upgrades. The things RE6 offers over RE5 are more than what RE5 offered over RE4, with RE4 being the fundamental basis of modern RE.
#67ElusionM_08Posted 8/3/2012 11:56:17 PM
Yet RE6 (and the other REs) are taking RE5's route, and not RE4's. RE6 is all but RE4. Meaning everything in RE5 was a success, so much that barely anything has been dropped from it, but rather kept and/or tweaked (compared to RE5 dropping a lot of RE4's).
---
#68so_realPosted 8/4/2012 12:07:07 AM(edited)
ElusionM_08 posted...
Yet RE6 (and the other REs) are taking RE5's route, and not RE4's. RE6 is all but RE4. Meaning everything in RE5 was a success, so much that barely anything has been dropped from it, but rather kept and/or tweaked (compared to RE5 dropping a lot of RE4's).

Then why is RE6 bringing back what many fans felt were missing from RE5 that made RE4 better than its successor, moreso to the point that they're trying to improve upon what was seen in retrospect as too minimal in RE4? If the series was strictly following RE5's route they wouldn't be so mindful of the horror atmosphere and elements as they have been with RE6 and Revelations. With the exception of co-op (excluding the Outbreak games) everything else in RE5 has been in a previous installment.
#69xXxAdaxXxPosted 8/4/2012 12:05:26 AM
ElusionM_08 posted...

The enemies are copy pasted from RE4 to RE5 to RE6.
The door animations are copied from Leon's and Ada's to everyone else.

It's not taking anything from RE5 except the coop thing. It's not even taking anything from Re5 from the story department.
---
Here's something to remember me by... // "The more things change, the more they stay the same." - Ada Wong, RE6
#70so_realPosted 8/4/2012 12:09:48 AM
xXxAdaxXx posted...

It's not taking anything from RE5 except the coop thing. It's not even taking anything from Re5 from the story department.

And even then, real time inventory and co-op had been done in outbreak. Albeit better in RE5, still.