The best selling RE game was RE5

#71Mister_ZurkonPosted 8/4/2012 12:10:47 AM
ElusionM_08 posted...
Yet RE6 (and the other REs) are taking RE5's route, and not RE4's. RE6 is all but RE4. Meaning everything in RE5 was a success, so much that barely anything has been dropped from it, but rather kept and/or tweaked (compared to RE5 dropping a lot of RE4's).

And what exactly did 5 drop from 4? Paused Menus? (Something that you need to drop in a co-op game)

You mean like REV? That was Single Player (Like 4) and had a more self contained story (Like 4) and had more emphasis on Puzzles and Exploration (Unlike 5)?
---
I prefer Genaro's. But what do I know? I'm a bear. I suck the heads off fish! - Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
#72so_realPosted 8/4/2012 12:16:42 AM
Not to mention that RE6 is dropping RE5's limited inventory in favor of something more expansive closer to RE4, minus the suitcase system.
#73xXxAdaxXxPosted 8/4/2012 12:21:24 AM
I've reached a realization that no matter how time you prove someone wrong, they'll still think they're right. It's human nature; no one accepts loss.
---
Here's something to remember me by... // "The more things change, the more they stay the same." - Ada Wong, RE6
#74angleslam99Posted 8/4/2012 1:01:31 AM
Ugh this topic. $$$ doesn't mean anything really, it just appeals more to the masses. That's like saying any of the Transformers films are better than any of the better under the radar movies like Moonrise Kingdom. We all know which is the better film, but just because Michael Bay panders to the bottom of barrel moviegoers, we know which will be more successful in the long run.
---
S U P E R N A T U R A L
"Hola Mishamigos!" - Misha Collins, "Supernatural"
#75SiLVeR_420Posted 8/4/2012 1:58:47 AM
Diablo56789 posted...
Cool, so the worst RE game made the most money, good to know. Doesn't change the fact that it sucked and didn't deserve 80% of the money it made.

But that's okay apparently cause "SALES" mean everything

To the consumer no sales don't matter.
But to Capcom and other deb's/publishers they do.
---
Gamertag- youngSiLVeRstar
Forgive the name.
#76MadigariPosted 8/4/2012 2:08:48 AM
This board is a living exercise in the Barnum Effect, I swear. That, or they just genuinely enjoy being sparked off by a troll who puts minimal effort into his posts.

Although, again, it doesn't look like that much effort is needed. Just get them all revved up for the same debate, but with a brand new timestamp for each reiterated post! And you need that timestamp; it will help memorialize the biggest waste of your life ever. "Kids, gather around! Daddy's going to take out the big book of debates I had about stuff that never mattered even at all!"

Your kids will wish they never came up with an immunization for small pox, and for good reason.
---
Gamertag is Madigari, for both Xbox 360 and PSN.
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my originality the most.
#77so_realPosted 8/4/2012 2:20:12 AM
Madigari posted...
This board is a living exercise in the Barnum Effect, I swear. That, or they just genuinely enjoy being sparked off by a troll who puts minimal effort into his posts.

Although, again, it doesn't look like that much effort is needed. Just get them all revved up for the same debate, but with a brand new timestamp for each reiterated post! And you need that timestamp; it will help memorialize the biggest waste of your life ever. "Kids, gather around! Daddy's going to take out the big book of debates I had about stuff that never mattered even at all!"

Your kids will wish they never came up with an immunization for small pox, and for good reason.

Complaining about debates on a messageboard is like complaining about getting wet when you go to the pool. But I guess being the guy that's too cool for that and posting about it is a great use of a person's time?
#78MadigariPosted 8/4/2012 2:26:57 AM
so_real posted...
Complaining about debates on a messageboard is like complaining about getting wet when you go to the pool. But I guess being the guy that's too cool for that and posting about it is a great use of a person's time?

It's not complaining about debates. It would be one thing if this was the first time we're seeing this. Debates can be useful, if they're constructive and have a direction. But this debate:

1) gets repeated, ad nauseum.

2) gets started by trolls frequently (this case is no exception, either).

3) gets driven forward by the usual suspects, and whoever is unfortunate (and I can't stress that word enough) enough to get caught in thinking they're dealing with level-headed people.

I'm not saying don't have a debate. But try to have a debate that hasn't been reiterated almost daily since RE4/5/whichever they're on about now came out.
---
Gamertag is Madigari, for both Xbox 360 and PSN.
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my originality the most.
#79GameBeatenPosted 8/4/2012 4:53:32 AM
so_real
Then why is RE6 bringing back what many fans felt were missing from RE5 that made RE4 better than its successor, moreso to the point that they're trying to improve upon what was seen in retrospect as too minimal in RE4? If the series was strictly following RE5's route they wouldn't be so mindful of the horror atmosphere and elements as they have been with RE6 and Revelations. With the exception of co-op (excluding the Outbreak games) everything else in RE5 has been in a previous installment.

xXxAdaxXx
The enemies are copy pasted from RE4 to RE5 to RE6.
The door animations are copied from Leon's and Ada's to everyone else.

It's not taking anything from RE5 except the coop thing. It's not even taking anything from Re5 from the story department.

so_real
And even then, real time inventory and co-op had been done in outbreak. Albeit better in RE5, still.

Mister_Zurkon
And what exactly did 5 drop from 4? Paused Menus? (Something that you need to drop in a co-op game)

You mean like REV? That was Single Player (Like 4) and had a more self contained story (Like 4) and had more emphasis on Puzzles and Exploration (Unlike 5)?

so_real
Not to mention that RE6 is dropping RE5's limited inventory in favor of something more expansive closer to RE4, minus the suitcase system.

xXxAdaxXx
I've reached a realization that no matter how time you prove someone wrong, they'll still think they're right. It's human nature; no one accepts loss.

All of this. Marvelous.
---
http://epicvideogamers.com/
I've been waiting for Nintendo to reveal a handheld with the 3DS's graphics since 2003.
#80so_realPosted 8/4/2012 6:56:59 AM
Madigari posted...
so_real posted...

It's not complaining about debates. It would be one thing if this was the first time we're seeing this. Debates can be useful, if they're constructive and have a direction. But this debate:

1) gets repeated, ad nauseum.

2) gets started by trolls frequently (this case is no exception, either).

3) gets driven forward by the usual suspects, and whoever is unfortunate (and I can't stress that word enough) enough to get caught in thinking they're dealing with level-headed people.

I'm not saying don't have a debate. But try to have a debate that hasn't been reiterated almost daily since RE4/5/whichever they're on about now came out.

All it takes is one person wanting to voice their opinion on the matter. It doesn't really matter if it's been done before. There is no such thing as a definitive discussion. These discussions will mostly fade out after RE6 has been released for a few months. I just avoid the topics I have no desire to read.