The best selling RE game was RE5

#81DarkD3stinyPosted 8/4/2012 7:33:32 AM
SMT_Masochist posted...
So after the walls of text I've concluded this has become pro re4 vs pro re5.

The biggest knock on re5 was that suspense vanished and became a shooter action game of sorts because of the partner, waves of running enemies, and all the day light and open environments.

The biggest praise on re4 was that it was a reboot from the archaic mechanics of previous RE's. it had more action, a different perspective, open environments, waves of enemies some fast.

Hmmm....either it's a case of "too much of a good thing" or double standards. Aside from the co-op it's the same game set in a brighter setting. Nothing was drastically changed. With those 'facts', I prefer 5 over 4 because of the co-op. the mechanics are still poor man's Gears. Revelations "rescued" the franchise from the action shooter syndrome infusing some tension and lets hope 6 follows suit.

---
No truer words were said than these :- "Give fans what they NEED. Not what they WANT." -Joss Whedon-
#82nimatoda666Posted 8/4/2012 8:19:08 AM
Elusion: your argument-sales don't mean anything then you said here's why re5 is so much better-15 or so points, I showed how those things don't mean anything for re5 over re4, instead of trying to debate that at all, you switch to just sales matter, then finally at least try to say that re6 copies re5. ORC followed re5, REV followed re4, I think we know which game was much much much better (here's your unarguable fact) as people have said re6 took co op from re5 in 3 of its 4 campaigns, the melee system is way different, the inventory system is completely different so what did they take? Re5 copy and pasted re4's enemies except replaced two great enemies in regenerators and novistadors and replaced them with just reapers. So what did they take?
#83Doober2Posted 8/4/2012 8:20:34 AM
For me, RE4 had better atmosphere, level design, enemies, boss fights (best in the series), inventory system, death scenes, puzzles (though both weren't good there) and that's why I'll always consider it better.

RE5 was just an average co-op game to me
---
Currently Playing: Final Fantasy XII
#84Doober2Posted 8/4/2012 8:23:02 AM(edited)
Oh and sales mean **** all when talking about how good a video game is.

Also you could easily argue that RE5 sold well, cause of how well loved and high rated RE4 was.

RE6s sales will be the test for RE5 if anything
---
Currently Playing: Final Fantasy XII
#85nimatoda666Posted 8/4/2012 8:26:00 AM
DarkD3stiny posted...
SMT_Masochist posted...
So after the walls of text I've concluded this has become pro re4 vs pro re5.

The biggest knock on re5 was that suspense vanished and became a shooter action game of sorts because of the partner, waves of running enemies, and all the day light and open environments.

The biggest praise on re4 was that it was a reboot from the archaic mechanics of previous RE's. it had more action, a different perspective, open environments, waves of enemies some fast.

Hmmm....either it's a case of "too much of a good thing" or double standards. Aside from the co-op it's the same game set in a brighter setting. Nothing was drastically changed. With those 'facts', I prefer 5 over 4 because of the co-op. the mechanics are still poor man's Gears. Revelations "rescued" the franchise from the action shooter syndrome infusing some tension and lets hope 6 follows suit.

No, re4's praise is that it is action horror, there weren't really light envirionments the majority of the game was dark and still had tension, it still tried to have puzzles and a little backtracking even. It still emphasized looking closely to see gems in trees etc. rev and re4 were what the series should be now A days, instead of re5 that was purely an action game and just another shooter. It's praise was for being fun as a shooter (only if you have a friend to play with) and that it has a relevant story. Despite the fact the story was butchered and the game ruined the Chris Jill wesker final showdown. On a side note why did uroboros suck so bad? Wesker without it was much stronger and when uroboros rejected excella and Irving it was much much stronger then wesker
#86HeatherloverPosted 8/4/2012 8:31:59 AM
yea despite the hate with it RE5 is the best selling RE game lol you haters
---
PSN: Zero4ph - PS1, PS2, PSP, PS3 120gb (500gb) PH
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyOPFgxvXXM - FFXIII-2
#87nimatoda666Posted 8/4/2012 8:33:57 AM
Heatherlover posted...
yea despite the hate with it RE5 is the best selling RE game lol you haters

Seriously that's your argument? Diablo 3 says hello. Madden says hello, twilight and Justin bieber says hello.