Fact: RE4 put Resident Evil on the map

#131DarkD3stinyPosted 8/4/2012 6:18:52 AM
Here are my opinions ... re4 destroyed survival horror but redefined the series and was a success. Did re4 put re on the map? no re1 put re on the map. re4 is like the Jill character in the sense that it was put on a pedal stool and praised for the same reasons re5 was hated. re4 and re5 are very similar except re5 has co op which makes it a winner for me. (Im comparing re4 to re5 not re5 to other games) re5 brought co op, real time inventery, the option to play mercs on your own or with someone, LIN for the old fans plus versus mode. re5s replayability far surpasses re4s. I cant make a full judgement yet but IMO when re6 comes out it will grab re4 by the balls and put re4 in its place so my advice is enjoy re4s so called greatness while you can because when re6 comes out it will IMO pwn re4. I wish you all the very best (especially largerock, hawk, elusion and edward) and hope you all enjoy re6, take care peeps :)
---
No truer words were said than these :- "Give fans what they NEED. Not what they WANT." -Joss Whedon-
#132MuhammadJAPosted 8/4/2012 7:26:16 AM
I can't believe those who hated RE5, loved RE4. RE5 is a natural progression from RE4.
#133nimatoda666Posted 8/4/2012 7:32:21 AM
MuhammadJA posted...
I can't believe those who hated RE5, loved RE4. RE5 is a natural progression from RE4.

No REvelations is a natural progression from re4, LiN is a natural progression, a generic co op shooter with a hollywood story that tries to be super serious and is still horrible is not the natural progression. The problem is re4 still had backtracking and searching for gems in trees, it had difficulty. Re5 has zero difficulty because of the store. Full heals are pretty much free, reducing the game to just shooting zombies with infinite ammo, that's not what re4 had, it was actually action horror
#134edward18Posted 8/4/2012 8:11:32 AM
Neither of those are natural progressions from 4. They're what 4 SHOULD HAVE BEEN.
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai
#135nimatoda666Posted 8/4/2012 8:44:26 AM(edited)
edward18 posted...
Neither of those are natural progressions from 4. They're what 4 SHOULD HAVE BEEN.

Re4 is pretty close to revelations, it introduced the combat system with the aiming and the one melee and the knife actually being something in the game, it just needed more backtracking puzzles etc. but other then the story Edward what did re4 need that revelations couldn't conceivably follow it? Every element of old re's were in 4 just not enough, which revelations accomplished

EDIT: The one thing re4 did was have enemies drop ammo, that is definitely something fixed by revelations. You have that, and change Sera to a previous character and have somebody else from resident evil as the main villain and it's easily my favorite game
#136edward18Posted 8/4/2012 8:42:28 AM
I'm going based on what I've seen of Revelations. Don't have it as they hadn't released Mega Man Legends 3 yet.
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai
#137Vegeta1000Posted 8/4/2012 8:44:31 AM
You know edward, you can hate GT and still be a Dragon Ball fan because GT isn't canon.
---
Toad, K. Rool, Dixie, Ridley, Isaac, Saki, Little Mac, Palutena, Krom, and Megaman for SSB4!
#138ssj_duelist(Topic Creator)Posted 8/4/2012 9:20:05 AM
Vegeta1000 posted...
You know edward, you can hate GT and still be a Dragon Ball fan because GT isn't canon.

That's a horrible argument.
---
Currently anticipating: Pokemon Black 2/White 2, Resident Evil 6, New Super Mario Bros. 2, GoW: Ascension and All-Stars Battle Royal.
#139ukokira1Posted 8/4/2012 9:31:24 AM
edward18 posted...
I'm going based on what I've seen of Revelations. Don't have it as they hadn't released Mega Man Legends 3 yet.

Good luck ever getting a 3ds
---
MK7 Coin farming community: 36-5501-7196-0981
#140nimatoda666Posted 8/4/2012 9:47:23 AM
Mega man legends 3 really pissed me off, but to anyone who hasn't played revelations highly highly recommend it as the best combo of action and horror