Fact: RE4 put Resident Evil on the map

#91xXxAdaxXxPosted 8/3/2012 10:41:03 PM
Edward, Elusion, and Nero will always bash RE4 no matter what.

And literally everyone else will always bash RE5 no matter what.

And life goes on...
---
Here's something to remember me by... // "The more things change, the more they stay the same." - Ada Wong, RE6
#92ElusionM_08Posted 8/3/2012 10:44:02 PM
DetBeauregard posted...
ElusionM_08 posted...
RE4 sucks ass, the only acceptable thing about it was the gameplay.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but shouldn't a GAME be judged mostly by its GAMEPLAY?

Now, even the gameplay of that game sucks ass. Clunky, limited, and flow breaking.

Funny, since plenty of people still play RE4 all the time and enjoy it. In my opinion, RE5 was the game that "sucked ass," since it pretty much copied all the bad stuff from RE4 and threw the good stuff out the window in favor of appealing to the co-op kiddies.

Not necessarily.

And nope, RE5 took everything good from RE4, made it better, threw everything bad out, and added many good things of it's own. RE6 will be doing the same thing, taking all good of RE6, making it better, and adding many good things of its own. These are literally Capcom's own words, from a recent interview.
---
Chris and Leon Bromance - October 2nd 2012
#93DetBeauregardPosted 8/3/2012 10:46:41 PM
ElusionM_08 posted...
RE5 took everything good from RE4, made it better, threw everything bad out, and added many good things of it's own.

Really?

Where was the awesome inventory from RE4? Where was there an AI that actually did what you told them to do? Where were the typewriters? Where was the atmospheric stage design?

Sorry, but you lose.
#94xXxAdaxXxPosted 8/3/2012 10:48:47 PM
ElusionM_08 posted...
DetBeauregard posted...
ElusionM_08 posted...

Now, even the gameplay of that game sucks ass. Clunky, limited, and flow breaking.

Funny, since plenty of people still play RE4 all the time and enjoy it. In my opinion, RE5 was the game that "sucked ass," since it pretty much copied all the bad stuff from RE4 and threw the good stuff out the window in favor of appealing to the co-op kiddies.

Not necessarily.

And nope, RE5 took everything good from RE4, made it better, threw everything bad out, and added many good things of it's own. RE6 will be doing the same thing, taking all good of RE6, making it better, and adding many good things of its own. These are literally Capcom's own words, from a recent interview.

"added many good things of its own"

"added many good things"

"many good things"

RE5... Added...many good things? MANY? I don't even know what to say to you anymore my friend..
---
Here's something to remember me by... // "The more things change, the more they stay the same." - Ada Wong, RE6
#95ElusionM_08Posted 8/3/2012 10:53:24 PM
DetBeauregard posted...
ElusionM_08 posted...

RE5 took everything good from RE4, made it better, threw everything bad out, and added many good things of it's own.

Really?

Yes, wake up from RE4dreamland, it's blinded you enough.

Where was the awesome inventory from RE4?

Sorry, the **** inventory was thrown in garbage in favor of a real time, limited one, which keeps gameflow going and adds to the tension. You know, just like RE is using the real time from now on and not the crappy tetris.

Where was there an AI that actually did what you told them to do?

I've never in my life had to say "wth Sheva", yet I've said "WTF Ashley" uncountable times.

Where were the typewriters?

Where was the classic BOWs in RE4? Where were the relevant files in RE4, and not the "oh ma gawd, im gonna use this blonde to take ova the world, ah **** im caught"? Where was the relevant, progressing story?

Where was the atmospheric stage design?

The only instance was in the village at night, RE5 had it in the Ancient Ruins.

Sorry, but you lose.

Sorry, but no. Try again.
---
#96ElusionM_08Posted 8/3/2012 10:54:45 PM
xXxAdaxXx posted...
ElusionM_08 posted...
DetBeauregard posted...
ElusionM_08 posted...

Not necessarily.

"added many good things of its own"

"added many good things"

"many good things"

RE5... Added...many good things? MANY? I don't even know what to say to you anymore my friend..

Don't say anything, not hearing BS is good for the entire community. These are not only my words, but Capcom's as well.

No wonder RE is taking RE5's direction, and not RE4s. They didn't abandon co-op in favor for RE4, they used in multiple sequels, RE6 included.
---
#97edward18Posted 8/3/2012 10:54:58 PM
are you a CoD fan?

Never touched the series.

I don't really see much good that came from 4.

Where was the awesome inventory from RE4?

God that was a nightmare x_x shouldn't have to play tetris to organize your inventory in an RE game.

Where was there an AI that actually did what you told them to do?

Better than having Ashley.

Where was the atmospheric stage design?

There wasn't any to begin with
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai
#98ElusionM_08Posted 8/3/2012 11:00:05 PM
It's funny how Capcom is slapping these RE4 humpers across the face with using basically NOTHING from RE4, yet SO MUCH from RE5.

Mercs 3D, Revelations, and the biggest title since RE5, Resident Evil 6. All borrowing from RE5 and advancing off of it, both gameplay-wise and storywise.

Co-op, real time inventory, extensive melee systems, extensive character commands, co-op door kicking, etc, and more. The global biohazard also started in RE5.
---
#99edward18Posted 8/3/2012 11:02:47 PM
Yeah, I really have always found it funny how Capcom's pretty much done everything they can to avoid anything that 4 had. I mean it's obvious the Plagas were just shoved into 5 for the newcomers considering they have no relevance what-so-ever to 5's story.

However the "global infection" thing's been in play since CV, and chronologically 0.
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai
#100coolmig01Posted 8/3/2012 11:03:31 PM
ElusionM_08 posted...
It's funny how Capcom is slapping these RE4 humpers across the face with using basically NOTHING from RE4, yet SO MUCH from RE5.

Mercs 3D, Revelations, and the biggest title since RE5, Resident Evil 6. All borrowing from RE5 and advancing off of it, both gameplay-wise and storywise.

Co-op, real time inventory, extensive melee systems, extensive character commands, co-op door kicking, etc, and more. The global biohazard also started in RE5.

yup. that's right! they seem to be evolving from what's been currently built.
---
Excited for RE6? add me! PSN: coolmig01