A "real" topic with a constructive discussion for a change:

#11ReflarePosted 8/4/2012 2:10:28 AM
Speaking about 6 months though, how did Chris survive 6 months in Serbia where he probably doesn't even know anyone (especially since he has amnesia)? Did he beg for food, beat people to get food, or simply had large amounts of cash in his outfit?
---
The Muse and the Painter
#12MyMentorSnakePosted 8/4/2012 3:14:11 AM
As crazy as it sounds, i think Simmons has a higher up he reports to. Someone with a low profile. As far as for Carla, she is there for destruction for everyone. BSAA, Chris, Jake, and manipulate Leon in the process(sounds familiar?) I think it was orchestrated for Chris and Leon to fallout. My question is how Simmons know so much about our fellow vets?
---
I am now a Red Belt in Taekwondo!
The Official Freedom Fighter of the Assassin Creed III Board
#13MakoChanXPosted 8/4/2012 6:17:10 AM
This is my theory (I'm gonna put it in spoilers as it's pretty plot heavy stuff)

The director of Damnation has said that in the film, Ada works for the BSAA. Legitimate or not, this could explain why Simmons chose her to frame, as well as the fact she is a great spy, who even managed to dupe Albert Wesker.

Anyway if she is a member of the BSAA, then Chris is more than likely to know who she is, and more or less trust her, being a fellow BSAA member.

Now enter Carla, an associate of Simmons, even his wife perhaps? Using the crystallid pods and the C-Virus in some unkown way to us yet, he alters her looks to match Ada's, creating a doppleganger of sorts, a "clone".

Simmons sends both Carla and Ustanak, AND Sherry to retrieve Jake for his blood, and I think he did this just so at LEAST one of them would return to him successfully. Be it either Carla or Sherry.

Meanwhile we have Chris, a Superb BSAA member who killed one of the most notorious villains to date, Albert Wesker. So, how does Simmons keep him off his trail?
He frames Ada, who Chris knows from the BSAA, using Carla, who kills all of his men using a C-Virus bomb.
Distraught over the deaths of his men, by someone who was supposed to be a trusted ally, now a traitor, he goes to hunt "Ada" down.
What he doesn't know, is that he is chasing down the WRONG person, thus keeping Chris out of the way whilst Simmons can go ahead with his plans. ( I think this can be backed up in the E3 trailer, look at Chris's face when Leon tells him about Simmons, he looks confused.)

Doing all this kills two birds with one stone for Simmons, as it would get BOTH Chris and Ada off his back.

Now enter Leon, a superb agent who survived the infamous Raccoon city incident, and has been on many successful missions, how does Simmons keep him off his back? Using his government status, he frames him for Presidents death, causing him to go into "hiding" by faking his death, thus keeping him out of the way.

We hear Leon saying to Chris "She's a key witness we need her". He is talking about Carla. As she is Simmons associate, and in on the outbreak that killed the President (Caused by Simmons) She is the only one still alive that could prove his innocence and prove Simmons is a government traitor, is the cause of the global outbreaks, AND is using the C-Virus for experiments (as well as Debra, CARLA is also technically an experiment).

Leon needs Carla alive to prove his innocence and take Simmons down, Whilst Chris wants her dead for the death of his team. CONFLICT TIIIME.

Helena is a unique one, she is obviously being blackmailed for her sisters safety to do something against her will (which we don't know yet). However it's been shown Debra becomes a test subject and Helena is forced to kill her, thus leaving Helena free from blackmail.

Either way we know now, it's Simmons who is the main antagonist of this game. He is very cleverly pulling the strings behind the scenes, and is manipulating ALL the protagonists.

Leon = Framed for Presidents death.
Helena = Blackmailed into evil deeds for the Safety of Debra.
Chris = Manipulated into hunting down the wrong person.
Jake = Pursued for his blood.
Sherry = Unknowingly working for the bad guy.
Ada = Framed for global outbreaks.

I do agree however, that Simmons is not the top dog, and is working for someone higher up.

Really looking forward to this one, it's sounding AWESOME, and just gets better the more they reveal.

OCTOBER <3
---
Watch and you'll see, some day I'll be, part of your world.
#14slowwavePosted 8/4/2012 6:31:42 AM
ElusionM_08 posted...

But that raises the question, how, and especially why, does and would 'Carla' talk smack about Albert Wesker to Jake? How does she know him enough to say he was an imbecile who wanted to destroy the world, considering Wesker was always working behind the shadows, and a newly created "clone" is the last thing who would know about Albert's motives and objectives. Yes, maybe Simmons briefed her, but how does he know about Wesker, since the only person Albert really got close to keeping contact was with the cousin of Alexia, Excella Gionne.

Maybe I'm drawing from flawed memories, but in the "real world", people tend not to do mountains of research in order to talk smack about others.

Their choice is to summarize someone up in a few choice words. Carla does not need to know Wesker in order to think that giving the world a Uro bath would be a dumb idea.
---
INCOMING TRANSMISSION
#15SolidHaseoPosted 8/4/2012 7:40:29 AM
I've been out of the loop so......who the hell is Debra, carla and Simmons and where'd they say virus was called C-Virus?
---
WKC2-Jubileus Sword(Twin Blades)/divine level 53 GR13 thus far
#16RagirothPosted 8/4/2012 8:08:52 AM
Excella is Alexia's cousin? Did not know that.
---
http://z8.invisionfree.com/Final_Chase_Zone/index.php?
PSN-Ragiroth
#17Hewie3Posted 8/4/2012 9:14:42 AM
Ragiroth posted...

Me either. I know the story is going to be great but I'm sure it's probably a lot simpler than what most of us are making it out to be.
---
If you're going to make a big deal over everything, don't do it around me.
PSN ID: LeonHart32
#18good_tobiPosted 8/5/2012 1:03:01 PM
MakoChanX posted...
This is my theory (I'm gonna put it in spoilers as it's pretty plot heavy stuff)

Really looking forward to this one, it's sounding AWESOME, and just gets better the more they reveal.

OCTOBER <3

You think a lot like Simmons hahaha.
#19vitonemesisPosted 8/5/2012 1:59:58 PM
Hewie3 posted...
Ragiroth posted...

Me either. I know the story is going to be great but I'm sure it's probably a lot simpler than what most of us are making it out to be.

She isn't >.>
#20xXxAdaxXxPosted 8/5/2012 2:21:42 PM
MakoChanX,

I'm LOVING this theory! Everything seems to fall into place greatly. If this is true, I'm excited on how the game will tell the story.
---
Here's something to remember me by...