AI partners don't have ammo you have to manage, do they?

#51Doober2Posted 8/19/2012 11:30:02 PM(edited)
MtVQFanatic posted...
Okay, I have two responses to what's being said in here.

My response about solo play and yadda yadda:

I see where you guys are coming from, it makes alot of sense. You like singleplayer gameplay! I do too. But, the story mode revolves around the co op gameplay, we can't help that, until we get Ada, of course. But, there is one minigame that I'm sure many of us invest SOOOOOO MUCH TIME into that is just awesome solo and co op. The mercenaries. If you're truly a hardcore single player, do that solo alot. It's so fun. Or you know, deal with three of four stories being co op. Also, I thought there was a great deal of split up action in RE6... Not alot, but at most, an hour or two, correct? To each their own, I guess.

But, the AI seems just as dumb too. Theres a part in Jake's campaign where you take an upper route, while Sherry takes the bottom, in china. The J'avo mutate into those killer dog things, and chase Sherry. She of course, doesn't shoot them, even though she has infinite ammo and health. She'll drag it to you, and most likely kill you.

----------

My intake on this AI thing?

I'm hardly going to be playing with the AI, since me and my dad are going to be playing it alot, or me and my sis, and I plan to play online with my friends from this site, but when and if I play with the AI, I don't see it being much of a big deal. From all the demo videos I've seen, you do get to kill the majority of your enemies, while the AI kills a few, just like RE5.

Infinite Ammo? I'm fine with that, I could care less.
Infinite Health? I've played Revelations

The partner system works like Revelations, the only difference is, they actually do real damage, and actually do help you.

So, I'm fine with the AI. I was fine with it in Rev, and in RE5.

The problem I have with the Ai, and having a partner, is as I said above, the partner effectively works as a crutch. In RE5 it stays close to you and saves you from all the enemy grabs, which takes away any fear or tension the game had, knowing your partner is there to save your ass over and over again. As I said, I hope with RE6, that since the partner can no longer be killed, they've had the sense to have the Ai run off a bit, and do it's own thing, rather than "hugging" close to the player.

Also would it really be that hard, to add a solo mode for the campaign? Could easily be an unlockable mode after completion

Having a partner in RE Zero was fine, cause you could tell it to **** off if you wanted. Playing it again right now, soloing as much as possible with Rebecca, it's amazing how more tense and fearful the game is when on your own. I didn't find RE Zero scary or tense at all when I first played it, but this time, it's a lot more tense. RE5 lost that tension and fear, completely cause you had a permanent partner to save your ass again and again

As for Mercs, the one thing I hate the most in video gaming, is time limits, so I've not enjoyed any of the mercs modes in the RE games. If they add a mode without a time limit, and it's about time they did, 2 games now with mercs being the same, it's about time they added more modes and variations to it.

In saying that, a little mini game is not the same to me, and doesn't offer the same replayability to me as a full campaign, though extra variations in it would help
---
Currently Playing: Final Fantasy X, Resident Evil Zero
#52DetBeauregardPosted 8/19/2012 11:57:41 PM
Doober2 posted...
As for Mercs, the one thing I hate the most in video gaming, is time limits, so I've not enjoyed any of the mercs modes in the RE games. If they add a mode without a time limit, and it's about time they did, 2 games now with mercs being the same, it's about time they added more modes and variations to it.

Amen.

I can't stand being timed, either. I don't see why it would be hard for Capcom to make an un-timed "elimination mode" or something where you have to kill all 150 enemies on the map. You'd get more points for better accuracy, finishing faster, and taking as little damage as possible. I think a mode like that would be FAR more fun than Mercenaries.
#53Keir21Posted 8/20/2012 5:26:45 AM
I'm curious as to how many people in this topic played the 360 demo. If you had you'd probably realise that the AI partner is really a non issue. Your partner always stays behind you and rarely interacts with anything at all.

Not to mention most of the enemies just seem to go after you. It's like playing a singleplayer game if i'm perfectly honest. It works a LOT like Revelations.
#54Doober2Posted 8/20/2012 5:35:31 AM(edited)
Keir21 posted...
I'm curious as to how many people in this topic played the 360 demo. If you had you'd probably realise that the AI partner is really a non issue. Your partner always stays behind you and rarely interacts with anything at all.

Yeah that's my fear, that they just stay by you and help when in trouble. There's really no need for them to "do nothing". They can't die, let them run off and do some ****

They should run forward and do their own thing, like the gears of war partners.
---
Currently Playing: Final Fantasy X, Resident Evil Zero