Camera is too close in melee combat, just like in today's crappy action flicks

#1MashYouGoodPosted 8/27/2012 9:38:55 AM
The entire point of doing acrobatic martial arts moves is to see the moves in action. Not to have your view obstructed half the time because the character is too close to the camera.

It's like they've taken a leaf out of Hollywood's book on how to hide the poor fighting skills of today's actors, by having the camera so damn close and shaking so violently that you cannot tell who's hitting who, or even sometimes what's up or down! The problem is, Leon and Chris are not Mat Damon or Jason Statham trying to be a poor man's Tony Jaa or Bruce Lee. These are video game characters that aren't bound by the laws of physics, much less their own physicality.

So, why obscure the action so? Are the animations really that bad that the player must be distracted from the action taking place, lest they may facepalm themselves into a coma and Capcom end up liable for their eventual death when the life support is switched off?? =/

I sincerely hope they fix this or there's at least some option for camera adjustment, or I can see it being a problem.
#2KevintheDorkPosted 8/27/2012 9:40:14 AM
I don't really mind that much, it's kind of hard to see past my chin anyways.
---
Nimrod! Tell you what, dorky: Meet me after you're done, and I'll show you what my boot wants to be when it grows up!
#3KonaseRitsukoPosted 8/27/2012 10:14:19 AM
I think it's only you who thinks this is a problem.
#4CrimzonHeadPosted 8/27/2012 10:15:50 AM
It's not that big of a deal.
---
PSN: Crimzonhead
Don't be scared homie
#5KonaseRitsukoPosted 8/27/2012 10:17:00 AM
I feel like he's complaining about the slightest of things, for the sake of complaining.
#6vhunter14Posted 8/27/2012 10:30:55 AM
Well this game is being sold as an action movie practically, i saw a 2 minute ad on and it had the guy from the movie theater previews narrating over it.
---
Official Nemesis Of the UMVC3 Board...S.T.A.R.S.
#7CoiledViperPosted 8/27/2012 10:34:14 AM
gonna agree with TC but not with RE6 melee camera being too close

Don't get me started on that shaky cam bullsh** or fights with the camera too close...

If you're gonna do a fight scene, do it right. I hate how especially in the Dark Knight trilogy, DC Comic's greatest martial artist doesn't get his technique displayed clearly... screw the gadgets and tech, I pay to watch him kick people's teeth in and snap their elbows
---
What doesn't kill you, will probably leave a nasty scar
#8largerockPosted 8/27/2012 10:43:08 AM
It's really not a big deal. Besides, this isn't the final product.
---
Not changing this sig until Final Fantasy Versus XIII comes out.
Official Atlas of the god of war ascension board.
#9antking61Posted 8/27/2012 11:10:48 AM
In the case of a game like Godhand, I'm inclined to agree, but in the case of a shooter where the melee isn't the driving force, the camera is fine.
---
Hoo Haa!!! I has Signature!!!
#10Yami_light_Posted 8/27/2012 11:48:05 AM
IN gameplay is fine, but if they pulled the shaky camera of batman in cutsneces? thats bad
---
Capcom and EA in a nutshell.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h472NmF1HEQ&feature=relmfu PSN:Light_Yami