Jake > wesker

#11MrcTOtheJPosted 9/5/2012 4:18:28 PM
DetBeauregard posted...
MrcTOtheJ posted...
Dunno, I like Jake...not as much as Wesker, and I know he isn't gonna be the best charictar out there, but he's that guy who will have the One Liners.

Call me stupid a kid what ever, but I like me some Corny one liners.

Actually, Jake's supposed propensity for one-liners may just save his character in my eyes.

Why would you be a kid if you like corny one-liners? They've been a staple of this series since its inception.

LOL good point. I won't lie I don't mind his Melee (If only because they more or less are his Dads moves, and I love me some Wesker) but I don't want the gimmick staying arround. (Unless he's in the game, and then who knows)

So yeah I like the Melee too. And I've allways like the "Imma Merc...only in it for the Money" staple. I think he has potential IMO.
---
Self Proclaimed Offical HoonDing, The Yokudan God of Make Way of the TES:V Skyrim Boards (360/PS3)
#12DetBeauregardPosted 9/5/2012 4:20:12 PM
Joshelplex posted...
Wesker isn't even close to iconic, and how were Wesker's one liners, insane melee abilities, shades, slicked back hair and trenchcoat not for the kiddies but Jake somehow is?

Wesker is (was, I suppose) one of the more popular villains in gaming. Whether he is iconic or not is simply my opinion.

One of the RE6 developers (producer, perhaps?) actually said that Jake was created for a younger audience; those are his words, not mine. I don't believe Wesker was (pre-RE5). And there is nothing "kiddie" about one-liners.
#13DetBeauregardPosted 9/5/2012 4:33:43 PM
biohazard151 posted...
1. Grown ups like melee too, jesus mele is for kids only now?
2. You havent played the game, yet he is a "nobody merc" how biased.
3. Wesker was a ridiculous and terribly written icon in gaming, yet at least he was an icon, unlike the rest of the poorly written characters.
4. He was intended to appeal to a younger crowd, well so was pokeomn, it doesnt mean he 'only' appeals to a younger crowd.
5. All the charactets melee are ridiculous. Some even more so then jakes. At least jake might have a story reason for having such crisp melee.
Quit hating on a character youve seem 5 cutscene minutes of.

1. Perhaps some do, but such overly unrealistic melee seems pretty immature to me.
2. Fair enough. From what I've seen, he seems to have came out of nowhere. It makes little sense.
3. I never said he wasn't terribly-written, but he was still the closest thing the series had to a main antagonist.
4. Thanks for that. Now I'm going to see Pikachu in place of Jake when I play RE6. Seems fitting.
5. Since Capcom has been trying to cater to kiddies more and more with the latest games, I know Jake isn't the only one with ridiculous melee moves. But he IS the only one who is designed to be proficient in melee moves, perhaps even over firearms. Sorry, but Resident Evil isn't a fighting game.

Jake's personality seems to be that of a selfish, smug, annoying, unlikable individual. But considering the game hasn't been released yet, I can't be sure of that. What I am sure of is that I don't like his design. He LOOKS like he was designed for the kiddies, since he calls to mind the generic main protagonist of many recent-gen action games.
#14SSJGrimReaperPosted 9/5/2012 5:00:54 PM
Jake was taken out of Call of Duty for this game
---
Big Apple, 3 A.M.
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ltfthdnJel1r4my8ko1_400.gif
#15SHAO-Khan(Topic Creator)Posted 9/5/2012 5:02:00 PM
maybe because he's part italian explains his personality ,
---
"If we're Evil or Divine , We're the Last in Line" - Ronnie James Dio
#16SSJGrimReaperPosted 9/5/2012 5:05:29 PM

Jake hasn't jumped on any turtle shells or eaten any magic mushrooms yet
---
Big Apple, 3 A.M.
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ltfthdnJel1r4my8ko1_400.gif
#17SHAO-Khan(Topic Creator)Posted 9/5/2012 5:09:15 PM
SSJGrimReaper posted...

Jake hasn't jumped on any turtle shells or eaten any magic mushrooms yet

one of his thank you quotes is italian
---
"If we're Evil or Divine , We're the Last in Line" - Ronnie James Dio
#18JoshelplexPosted 9/5/2012 5:37:01 PM
DetBeauregard posted...
Joshelplex posted...
Wesker isn't even close to iconic, and how were Wesker's one liners, insane melee abilities, shades, slicked back hair and trenchcoat not for the kiddies but Jake somehow is?

Wesker is (was, I suppose) one of the more popular villains in gaming. Whether he is iconic or not is simply my opinion.

One of the RE6 developers (producer, perhaps?) actually said that Jake was created for a younger audience; those are his words, not mine. I don't believe Wesker was (pre-RE5). And there is nothing "kiddie" about one-liners.

Something being iconic can't be an opinion, an icon has to be universally recognized as representative of the medium. Also, just because nobody said Wesker wasn't designed to appeal to a younger crowd doesn't change the fact he's got all the aspects of a character a stereotypical teenager would like in a character.
---
Magnificent Seven had the greatest soundtrack ever. FACT.
PSN: Joshelplex
#19RagirothPosted 9/5/2012 6:17:37 PM
Jake is Italian? I guess that explains the attitude lol. That's awesome if he is.
---
http://z8.invisionfree.com/Final_Chase_Zone/index.php?
PSN-Ragiroth
#20Hawke0Posted 9/5/2012 6:22:27 PM
I agree with Det and Elusi- *world explodes*
---
Conduit 2 FC: 0562-2516-9316-name Hawke