Is RE6 the most anticipated RE thus far?

#1WalkingPlaguePosted 9/9/2012 1:03:18 PM
Topic.
---
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 5: Gold Edition (PS3)
RE5 / RE6 players UNITE! | PSN-ID: nintendofied
#2Panther_FangPosted 9/9/2012 1:04:46 PM
It definitely is for me. I haven't felt this excited for a RE since 4, which was in part of how much marketing 4 had. I really hope this game gets a damned good push soon.
#3M4GordPosted 9/9/2012 1:06:47 PM
What a lazy TC.

I dunno. If we're talking raw numbers then maybe RE5 is the only RE with a similar amount of hype, but relatively speaking in terms of the popularity of the gaming industry as a whole and how games are more marketable now, I think its probably the same as its always been
#4WalkingPlague(Topic Creator)Posted 9/9/2012 1:20:10 PM
M4Gord posted...
What a lazy TC.

I dunno. If we're talking raw numbers then maybe RE5 is the only RE with a similar amount of hype, but relatively speaking in terms of the popularity of the gaming industry as a whole and how games are more marketable now, I think its probably the same as its always been

Even with the number of RE fans that are disappointed with RE5? You don't think fans are eagerly anticipating this--in hopes that it will completely decimate any and all doubt about Capcom and their continued progress of developing RE games?
---
#5Joey2coolPosted 9/9/2012 1:26:11 PM
I think RE5 had more hype, talk, and even controversy surrounding it. RE4 was released initially in 2005, and 5 in 2009. With the success that the fourth game had, I think a lot of people were excited for 5, but many were let down obviously. I think a lot of fans are proceeding more cautiously with this installment.
#6WalkingPlague(Topic Creator)Posted 9/9/2012 1:28:15 PM
Joey2cool posted...
I think RE5 had more hype, talk, and even controversy surrounding it. RE4 was released initially in 2005, and 5 in 2009. With the success that the fourth game had, I think a lot of people were excited for 5, but many were let down obviously. I think a lot of fans are proceeding more cautiously with this installment.

It appears, as with RE5, that the demo for RE6 didn't do it any justice. I'm not assuming that the lackluster demo will deter many from purchasing the full game. I can understand those who are proceeding cautiously.
---
#7M4GordPosted 9/9/2012 1:35:13 PM
WalkingPlague posted...
M4Gord posted...
What a lazy TC.

Even with the number of RE fans that are disappointed with RE5? You don't think fans are eagerly anticipating this--in hopes that it will completely decimate any and all doubt about Capcom and their continued progress of developing RE games?

Wait, what? Are you making a comment on the likelihood of the 'old' fanbase being more sceptical post-RE5 on whether it will be a worthy edition to the franchise? Because whether you like it or not the people that were disappointed in RE5 are far from the majority
#8auflamePosted 9/9/2012 1:37:47 PM
Perhaps it is, but I personally feel a lot less hype than I did for RE5 (which I had the most anticipation for and I loved the game), but the direction Capcom is taking the series is not really what I would like. RE4 had it perfect with putting you in a game with good fighting mechanics while giving off a need to conserve your resources. That went away with RE5 and seems to be the case in RE6.
---
PSN: auflame
Soul Silver FC: 2666 2859 6177
#9WalkingPlague(Topic Creator)Posted 9/9/2012 1:43:27 PM
M4Gord posted...
WalkingPlague posted...
M4Gord posted...
What a lazy TC.

Wait, what? Are you making a comment on the likelihood of the 'old' fanbase being more sceptical post-RE5 on whether it will be a worthy edition to the franchise? Because whether you like it or not the people that were disappointed in RE5 are far from the majority

Just for the record-- I didn't dislike RE5, I was amped for the co-op aspect. I guess I could see the haters of RE5 being the minority. However, I'm sure many disappointed fans of RE5 won't make that impulse buy.
---
#10seekerofangelsPosted 9/9/2012 2:15:34 PM
I think RE 6 is the most anticipated RE game of all time. Even though many were put off by RE 5, it still sold over 5.5 million copies. The fact that there is still huge interest in RE 6 tells me that it will be the biggest in RE history.

I'm expecting over 4 million copies sold within the first week of release.
---
" Concentrate on not destroying your foe, but on obtaining your own victory" - Master Gouken