People that hate sheva would have hated barry too

#1lobofengPosted 9/24/2012 9:16:39 PM
If barry was supposed to be chriss partner but got replaced with sheva as the ai wouldnt it have meant that barry would have been the "crappy" ai that wasted amo and herbs? I mean that makes sense right? Barry would have been the hated character right? Unless they completely had barry be a different AI and capcom decided to half ass making another one for sheva it would have been double the work. I think if barry would have been the partner hed be the same. People wouldnt hate sheva they would hate barry.
#2SSJGrimReaperPosted 9/24/2012 9:18:42 PM
Oh here we go, someone mentioned Sheva, time for the everyone to bust out the torches and pitchforks.
---
Big Apple, 3 A.M.
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ltfthdnJel1r4my8ko1_400.gif
#3solidoutlawPosted 9/24/2012 9:20:37 PM
Sheva had no real role in the story. Make a few edits to the gameplay, and it could've easily been Chris alone the entire game. The few "emotional" scenes between the two, like when Sheva is about to fall out of the plane, would actually have more emotion if it was Jill. Sheva felt forced in because she was basically just there. And that's a reason to hate her.
---
PSN: rayplay I have not played P4 yet so pls don't spoil!!
"Wow, there's more hate in here than a K K K meeting!"
#4Tbar67Posted 9/24/2012 9:20:49 PM
Well Chris's AI suck aswell when you pick Sheva, so yeah, it wouldn't matter. The actual characters though? I didn't mind Sheva at all, and it made sense for her to tag along with Chris since she's a local that knows the area for easier navigation.
---
"Solomon Grundy, born on a Monday!"
#5lobofeng(Topic Creator)Posted 9/24/2012 9:22:07 PM
Lol im not a sheva fanboy if anything a mix off an ada/jill fanboy but i just think i make a valid point
#6cheese785Posted 9/24/2012 9:25:19 PM
If Sheva actually had been worked into the story of RE5, other than pretty much acting as a tacked on co-op character, people would probably hate her much less. The combination of having terrible AI, AND being pretty much irrelevant to the story is the reason she gets so much hate.
---
\m/
#7lobofeng(Topic Creator)Posted 9/24/2012 9:25:44 PM
So people dont like her cause they felt she was forced but what if no one said RE5 was raciat but sheva was still in it would people still hate her?
#8lobofeng(Topic Creator)Posted 9/24/2012 9:27:11 PM
*racist

Sorey for typos im on my ipod n i have fat fingers lol
#9Steve__BurnsidePosted 9/24/2012 9:27:37 PM
Sheva would have worked much better as a side character. I hated how forced how they forced her in.
---
Currently listening to: Morbid Angel, Sodom, Inquisition, Darkthrone, Kreator, Tribulation, Exodus
#10WilHiteWarriorPosted 9/24/2012 9:29:32 PM
The reason we liked Barry is because it was so easy to make fun of him. Barry was always good for a (unintentional) laugh. Sheva was not... she was just dull
---
For we are saved by hope, but hope that is seen is not hope; for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for? - Romans 8:24