Which would you rather see in future games? Super Alice or gay romance?

#11Honey-BoyPosted 9/25/2012 5:25:58 PM
LeonPlisken posted...
Honey-Boy posted...
LeonPlisken posted...
I like that when someone says gay romance that everyone seems to immediately get a little homophobic.

has nothing to do with homophobia.

has to do with the fact it will not make the game better.
a franchise that has had no actual romance in it, because the circumstances in the game dont allow it.

Yeah, but its just a hypothetical question. You don't have to come up with a weird answer as to why it wouldn't work. Just say, "This completely improbable answer bothers me less than this one."

Its not like either of these would ever happen, and if suddenly we had a gay male character... That's actually not a bad thing, I mean can we really name an action game with a gay male lead?

more than just a hypothetical question, its a very stupid one. also, why must the gay character HAVE to be male? give me a legitimate reason why the character has to be gay at all.

i need reasons.
real ones.
#12CoiledViperPosted 9/25/2012 5:28:20 PM
Honey-Boy posted...
LeonPlisken posted...
Honey-Boy posted...
LeonPlisken posted...
I like that when someone says gay romance that everyone seems to immediately get a little homophobic.

a franchise that has had no actual romance in it, because the circumstances in the game dont allow it.

Yeah, but its just a hypothetical question. You don't have to come up with a weird answer as to why it wouldn't work. Just say, "This completely improbable answer bothers me less than this one."

Its not like either of these would ever happen, and if suddenly we had a gay male character... That's actually not a bad thing, I mean can we really name an action game with a gay male lead?

more than just a hypothetical question, its a very stupid one. also, why must the gay character HAVE to be male? give me a legitimate reason why the character has to be gay at all.

i need reasons.
real ones.

The moment the word gay or homosexuality was used, all rational thinking went out the window. You will get nothing rational from here on forward in this topic.
---
What doesn't kill you, will probably leave a nasty scar
#13NightTerrorX99Posted 9/25/2012 5:29:33 PM
Nemesis
---
Pokemon White FC: 3998 2670 7555
#14LeonPliskenPosted 9/25/2012 5:30:14 PM
Honey-Boy posted...
LeonPlisken posted...
Honey-Boy posted...
LeonPlisken posted...

i need reasons.
real ones.

Well, why can't it be male? I mean Mass Effect has had 3 massive games that all were very open to lesbian romance, the 3rd one finally allowing a male and male romance. Soldier are often men, most gay men are in good shape... So you'd have the same chiseled square jawed main character, its just the one man he's willing to take a bullet for it probably at home hoping he comes back safe from whatever mission he's on.

You see we live in a day and age where equality should come naturally. There's absolutely no reason a male character can't be gay, just as much as there's no reason to bother with the sexuality of characters in a game that doesn't talk about it. Also, the series has confirmed that Leon and Ada have a thing going on, the people behind Damnation admitted that she was in fact referencing him and her spending an intimate evening together.

So, while romance is in no way a major part of the series, it still does exist canonically. So there for, why can there not be a gay male character?
---
Sandbox Zombie game with RPG elements and heavy character customization and equipment farming set in modern day. My ideal game.
#15AnimesetsunaPosted 9/25/2012 5:30:56 PM
1st option is no option and 2nd option is a trap.
---
http://setsunah.imgur.com
I like Kana Hanazawa (>_<)
#16Honey-BoyPosted 9/25/2012 5:33:42 PM
LeonPlisken posted...
Honey-Boy posted...
LeonPlisken posted...
Honey-Boy posted...
LeonPlisken posted...

i need reasons.
real ones.

Well, why can't it be male? I mean Mass Effect has had 3 massive games that all were very open to lesbian romance, the 3rd one finally allowing a male and male romance. Soldier are often men, most gay men are in good shape... So you'd have the same chiseled square jawed main character, its just the one man he's willing to take a bullet for it probably at home hoping he comes back safe from whatever mission he's on.

You see we live in a day and age where equality should come naturally. There's absolutely no reason a male character can't be gay, just as much as there's no reason to bother with the sexuality of characters in a game that doesn't talk about it. Also, the series has confirmed that Leon and Ada have a thing going on, the people behind Damnation admitted that she was in fact referencing him and her spending an intimate evening together.

So, while romance is in no way a major part of the series, it still does exist canonically. So there for, why can there not be a gay male character?

there is a reason why we SHOULDNT, ill tell you why...

capcom cannot write such a character without him being an offensive stereotype. it will do more damage. you will not get a believable gay character, but instead a gross caricature who is very annoying and will set back good gay characters back another 5-10 years.

just no.
#17LeonPliskenPosted 9/25/2012 5:37:04 PM
Saying that you'll immediately get a stereotype doesn't really follow suit, I mean Sheva and Josh were two of the first real main series black characters to show up and neither of them were stereotype slinging sassy black people, they were just... people.

How to write a believable gay soldier; Have him mention, "I hope I make it home to see -male name- through all of this." Then never really address it again. You've established there's a man he cares about, that's back home waiting for him, and now your character has to get back to being stressed out over... I dunno, zombies and the tyrants.
---
Sandbox Zombie game with RPG elements and heavy character customization and equipment farming set in modern day. My ideal game.
#18Honey-BoyPosted 9/25/2012 5:42:22 PM
LeonPlisken posted...
Saying that you'll immediately get a stereotype doesn't really follow suit, I mean Sheva and Josh were two of the first real main series black characters to show up and neither of them were stereotype slinging sassy black people, they were just... people.

How to write a believable gay soldier; Have him mention, "I hope I make it home to see -male name- through all of this." Then never really address it again. You've established there's a man he cares about, that's back home waiting for him, and now your character has to get back to being stressed out over... I dunno, zombies and the tyrants.

i still dont see how this makes the character more interesting or how this will enhance the gameplay. just looks like a lame attempt to shoe-horn in a pointlessly gay character. if he must be gay, it should serve the plot. there is no real reason for it here other that shock value i guess.

please don't become a writer.
#19DetBeauregardPosted 9/25/2012 5:44:46 PM
I'm tired of seeing gay characters shoehorned into everything for the sole purpose of trying to appear politically correct.
#20Honey-BoyPosted 9/25/2012 5:47:32 PM
DetBeauregard posted...
I'm tired of seeing gay characters shoehorned into everything for the sole purpose of trying to appear politically correct.

THIS.

if the issue of homsexuality is so important, let it happen naturally according to the plot.

dont force it for the sake of it. then you are just pandering.

and pandering is insulting.