Which would you rather see in future games? Super Alice or gay romance?

#31LeonPliskenPosted 9/25/2012 6:15:57 PM
DetBeauregard posted...
I really don't understand all the controversy about this. In the rare cases where a character's sexual preference in a game actually matters, can't gay people just pretend the straight character is gay? Why is it even a big deal?

Let's just face the facts here - the majority of people in the world are straight. I don't understand why some gay people think that everything needs to cater to them. They're the minority, and they need to deal with that fact.

Let's just face the facts here - the majority of people in the world are "white". I don't understand why some "black" people think that everything needs to cater to them. They're the minority, and they need to deal with that fact.

See what happens when you change 2 words man?
---
Sandbox Zombie game with RPG elements and heavy character customization and equipment farming set in modern day. My ideal game.
#32PainesnewnamePosted 9/25/2012 6:19:07 PM
Okay I agree partially.

I think that there should be a gay character implemented into a future game or whatever, that would be awesome.

It was shut us up for a minute about how gays are not included in videogames.

I also feel that if there were to be a homosexual character I feel that if any flashbacks or anything regarding the couple should be limited to talking scenes and or brief references to their loved ones. This way it isn't forced upon anybody who doesn't want to watch two guys kissing or anything else.

I don't blame any straight person for not wanting to watch something they don't want to see.

Resident evil isn't about romance.
---
Mass production.....?
.........RIDICULOUS!
#33LeonPliskenPosted 9/25/2012 6:20:59 PM
Honey-Boy posted...
LeonPlisken posted...
Honey-Boy posted...
yes

it must serve the plot in the instance of good fiction writing.

also, citing mass effect as an example isnt helping your cause because that was a poorly written and boring game. pretentious too.

You also argued that romance and sexuality bare little to no real part on the plot of Resident Evil, what would it change to have the character be gay? Its not like you'd have to see two men make love, you'd simply know that the character has a fiance that is the same gender as him.

The only heterosexually related plot devices I can think of are, "Dude going to save female." Also, what if the place his lover lives is one of the nations that are under threat of attack, there we go, instant motivation.

go play kingdom hearts

I tend to like my games with guns and zombies and you know... not weird kiddy fanfic stuff. Thanks for avoiding elaborating on a good heterosexual plot.
---
Sandbox Zombie game with RPG elements and heavy character customization and equipment farming set in modern day. My ideal game.
#34DetBeauregardPosted 9/25/2012 6:22:56 PM
LeonPlisken posted...
Let's just face the facts here - the majority of people in the world are "white".

Uh, no, they're not. And way to take everything out of context.
#35LeonPliskenPosted 9/25/2012 6:23:10 PM
Painesnewname posted...
Okay I agree partially.

I think that there should be a gay character implemented into a future game or whatever, that would be awesome.

It was shut us up for a minute about how gays are not included in videogames.

I also feel that if there were to be a homosexual character I feel that if any flashbacks or anything regarding the couple should be limited to talking scenes and or brief references to their loved ones. This way it isn't forced upon anybody who doesn't want to watch two guys kissing or anything else.

I don't blame any straight person for not wanting to watch something they don't want to see.

Resident evil isn't about romance.

I'm not picking at this as a "WE NEED GAYS NOW!" argument, I mean hell, Resident Evil has taken 14 years to finally admit that Leon and Ada actually did it... off screen at that. A one line passing mention is well within the style of the game, "Such and such misses his boyfriend." There you go, a character is now established as gay, and... that's it.
---
#36LeonPliskenPosted 9/25/2012 6:25:16 PM
DetBeauregard posted...
LeonPlisken posted...
Let's just face the facts here - the majority of people in the world are "white".

Uh, no, they're not. And way to take everything out of context.

You don't get it though, the attitude you are showing is the same attitude that labels people as minorities and insists that since there are so few of them that their needs are therefor totally unnecessary and should not be taken into consideration. I will take your quote for poor nature it chose to express itself as.
---
#37Honey-BoyPosted 9/25/2012 6:25:49 PM
while you are at it leon, why cant their also be a character who is also a pedo?

he dosent have to actually have any interaction with any kids at all, but for added character depth, lets make badass character who can kickass as much as the next RE guy a pedo...

why stop there???

lets include a charcater who is also a parapalegic and is wheel chair bound, he can kick ass as much as the next guy, he just so happens to be stuck in a wheel chair and it will not affect gameplay in the slightest

also, why not a drag queen too? a comatose guy, a hippie, drug addict, dwarf, a morbidly obese guy... all these qualities CAN be completely benign traits right? RIGHT???

use your same logic for any of these traits and you will see my point.

it wont help the game, and it dosent actually make the characters "deeper" or more dimensional. its just pandering.
#38MadigariPosted 9/25/2012 6:28:45 PM
Why won't these effing topics just die already. Having the same people who complain about change in something as minute as a video game series now debate the legitimacy of gay people in video games is -not- the highlight of this civil rights movement.

Since it -won't- f***ing die, though, Resident Evil has romance. Unless you want to make the argument that Leon was just giving Ada mouth-to-mouth because her botox-level deadface didn't inspire him with confidence, romance has a part in this series' story line. But maybe that is what happened.

And heck, I bet Steve was just looking at Claire's posterior to ensure she still had an ample supply of clips on her! Those zombies could be right around the corner, after all. And that declaration of love -had- to be platonic. "Like a friend, Claire. Like a friiieeend...*death rattle*"

But, you're right, Det. We're in the minority. But if I can tolerate looking at thread after thread about "Sherry's all grown up! ;)" "[Goun]! HNNNGH!" "Helena's jiggle physics! ;)", you can stomach to see a gay kiss. If I can go without vomiting every time I hear Luis talk about Ashley's ballistics, you can man up and deal.

On point, though, I, as a gay man, would rather see Alice. Because I have absolutely no faith in the capabilities of Japan to produce anything higher than Streets of Rage level material.
---
Gamertag is Madigari, for both Xbox 360 and PSN.
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my originality the most.
#39Honey-BoyPosted 9/25/2012 6:31:39 PM
Madigari posted...
Why won't these effing topics just die already. Having the same people who complain about change in something as minute as a video game series now debate the legitimacy of gay people in video games is -not- the highlight of this civil rights movement.

Since it -won't- f***ing die, though, Resident Evil has romance. Unless you want to make the argument that Leon was just giving Ada mouth-to-mouth because her botox-level deadface didn't inspire him with confidence, romance has a part in this series' story line. But maybe that is what happened.

And heck, I bet Steve was just looking at Claire's posterior to ensure she still had an ample supply of clips on her! Those zombies could be right around the corner, after all. And that declaration of love -had- to be platonic. "Like a friend, Claire. Like a friiieeend...*death rattle*"

But, you're right, Det. We're in the minority. But if I can tolerate looking at thread after thread about "Sherry's all grown up! ;)" "[Goun]! HNNNGH!" "Helena's jiggle physics! ;)", you can stomach to see a gay kiss. If I can go without vomiting every time I hear Luis talk about Ashley's ballistics, you can man up and deal.

On point, though, I, as a gay man, would rather see Alice. Because I have absolutely no faith in the capabilities of Japan to produce anything higher than Streets of Rage level material.

thank you.

capcom of all people dont have the capacity to write a gay character seriously.
you'd end up with something like hardgay.

dont know who hardgay is? google it.
#40LeonPliskenPosted 9/25/2012 6:32:18 PM
Honey-Boy posted...
while you are at it leon, why cant their also be a character who is also a pedo?

he dosent have to actually have any interaction with any kids at all, but for added character depth, lets make badass character who can kickass as much as the next RE guy a pedo...

why stop there???

lets include a charcater who is also a parapalegic and is wheel chair bound, he can kick ass as much as the next guy, he just so happens to be stuck in a wheel chair and it will not affect gameplay in the slightest

also, why not a drag queen too? a comatose guy, a hippie, drug addict, dwarf, a morbidly obese guy... all these qualities CAN be completely benign traits right? RIGHT???

use your same logic for any of these traits and you will see my point.

it wont help the game, and it dosent actually make the characters "deeper" or more dimensional. its just pandering.

You realize you just compared a sexual orientation to a physical disability and a mental disability?
---