Which would you rather see in future games? Super Alice or gay romance?

#41DetBeauregardPosted 9/25/2012 7:38:41 PM
LeonPlisken posted...
You don't get it though, the attitude you are showing is the same attitude that labels people as minorities and insists that since there are so few of them that their needs are therefor totally unnecessary and should not be taken into consideration. I will take your quote for poor nature it chose to express itself as.

I don't think you're understanding me here. I'm not saying that gay people (or any other minority) should be denied their needs, as in actual human rights. We're all the same species, after all. But forcing a gay character into a game, especially because the developer is trying to appear politically correct, just so a gay player can relate to them more is not a need (meaning a necessity). It's a want.

No one is being denied human rights because a character who is similar to them is NOT included in a game or other form of media. Besides, like I said before, a character's sexual preference in most games is irrelevant to the plot.
#42Honey-BoyPosted 9/25/2012 7:40:34 PM
LeonPlisken posted...
Honey-Boy posted...
while you are at it leon, why cant their also be a character who is also a pedo?

he dosent have to actually have any interaction with any kids at all, but for added character depth, lets make badass character who can kickass as much as the next RE guy a pedo...

why stop there???

lets include a charcater who is also a parapalegic and is wheel chair bound, he can kick ass as much as the next guy, he just so happens to be stuck in a wheel chair and it will not affect gameplay in the slightest

also, why not a drag queen too? a comatose guy, a hippie, drug addict, dwarf, a morbidly obese guy... all these qualities CAN be completely benign traits right? RIGHT???

use your same logic for any of these traits and you will see my point.

it wont help the game, and it dosent actually make the characters "deeper" or more dimensional. its just pandering.

You realize you just compared a sexual orientation to a physical disability and a mental disability?

you dont get it do you?
im not comparing anything. im doing what you did. you simply chose homosexuality to be represented. i chose other things. point is, these traits are supposed to be completely benign and you wouldnt even notice they had these traits as you suggested with the homosexuality. they just happen to be a pedo or a dwarf or whatever.

these things have no meaning unless you give them meaning, that is why the plot writes the story and characters react to it. this is basic writing. pointless to have a gay character unless it means something.

you want a character who's sexuality actually affects the gameplay and the story? mgs3's Col. Volgin.

you want alot of pointlessly gay characters? play kingdom hearts.
#43Honey-BoyPosted 9/25/2012 7:44:02 PM
also, leon darling...

there is nothing wrong with being a drag queen.

if you feel gays should be shoe-horned in, then i say so should drag queens.
#44BAMBAMBambiPosted 9/25/2012 7:46:57 PM
Im gonna say neither, and this is coming from a gay mans perspective.
A gay character (or hints that a character is gay) would make for an interesting quick side-story. But having it being a main feature in the story just wont work, same with a heterosexual romance. Even though i have a feeling that Jake and Sherry will have a few sparks fly, i just hope its not going to be the main attraction because well, its just not what resident evil is about. There's just not any room or need for a big romance of any kind...and in all honesty would make the game pretty lame.

And having Alice in a game.....no thanks. The movies can keep her.
---
If Barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy her friends?
#45DetBeauregardPosted 9/25/2012 7:51:32 PM
Madigari posted...
But, you're right, Det. We're in the minority. But if I can tolerate looking at thread after thread about "Sherry's all grown up! ;)" "[Goun]! HNNNGH!" "Helena's jiggle physics! ;)", you can stomach to see a gay kiss. If I can go without vomiting every time I hear Luis talk about Ashley's ballistics, you can man up and deal.

You seem to be assuming that I am homophobic, which I am most certainly not. I merely stated that it annoys me to see gay characters shoehorned into a game for no reason other than to be politically correct. If a gay character fits the plot (meaning if the characters' sexual preferences are plot-relevant), I'm fine with it.

As for the pervert threads, you don't have to click on them.
#46MadigariPosted 9/25/2012 7:59:40 PM(edited)
DetBeauregard posted...
You seem to be assuming that I am homophobic, which I am most certainly not. I merely stated that it annoys me to see gay characters shoehorned into a game for no reason other than to be politically correct. If a gay character fits the plot (meaning if the characters' sexual preferences are plot-relevant), I'm fine with it.

As for the pervert threads, you don't have to click on them.

I'm not assuming you're homophobic, it's just pretty insulting to tell me to "just pretend the woman's a man." [EDIT: It should be said, that's where my mind went; If I pretend Leon is gay, I have to pretend Ada's a man. Sorry for the poor relating of my thought process.] I'll chalk it up to bad phrasing, at any rate, and consider the matter dropped.

I agree with you, though. There are a lot of people who are trying to cash in on controversy. It's been done with other issues, and this one is no exception. That's why I generally get irritated at shows which showcase every gay stereotype one can dream of. (See Also: Streets of F***ing Rage. God, why.)
---
Gamertag is Madigari, for both Xbox 360 and PSN.
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my originality the most.
#47bluedeathkingPosted 9/25/2012 7:57:43 PM
i thought there was already one from outbreak?
---
Im lazy and slow. sorry for my stupidity but im right. bark meow chirp
#48CTU_007(Topic Creator)Posted 9/25/2012 8:00:17 PM
Honey-Boy posted...
also, leon darling...

We already had one. His name was Alfred Ashford.
#49xTheWWEManiacxPosted 9/25/2012 8:01:32 PM
I'd rather see full-blown male on male sex scenes than that Alice garbage.
---
A chilled general discussion message board where the members are friendly and the mods are laid back. Discuss anything.
http://2haven.net - Join us today
#50Honey-BoyPosted 9/25/2012 8:02:41 PM
CTU_007 posted...
Honey-Boy posted...
also, leon darling...

We already had one. His name was Alfred Ashford.

oh yeah, forgot about that.

and you know what? IT WAS RELEVANT TO THE PLOT!

suck it leon.