Which would you rather see in future games? Super Alice or gay romance?

#71tizimin9Posted 9/26/2012 2:38:21 AM
And even with Ada and Leon, no love scene. Maybe just a kiss during a death scene or at the end of the game or something.
---
I play until my eyes bleed.
PSN: Itzimna
#72Hawke0Posted 9/26/2012 2:48:50 AM
Alice is infinitely worse than a gay romance.
---
Conduit 2 FC: 0562-2516-9316 Hawke
Official Conduit 2 master of the BO2 Wii U board
#73sadiq2010Posted 9/26/2012 3:04:26 AM
silly topic.
#74IkariWarriorKHPosted 9/26/2012 3:39:13 AM
I disagree that if a gay character is included, it has to be relevant to the plot. That's basically stating that if a gay char is included it 'has' to be a major theme of the game to warrant it's inclusion, rather than you know, just having a 'gay guy' be there and treated like any other normal char.

I understand about wanting to make the character have value rather than 'shoe-horned' in. But, at the same time, I see no problem in a series as mentioned, that is devoid of much of the love and romance, that a gay character can't simply be included with nods that he's gay without actually pushing a love story or gay plot on the player, which in turn would feel far more shoe-horned and forced just to 'justify' the inclusion of a gay character.

If there 'is' a relevant point for his sexuality to take a focus in the storyline, I'm all for it. Otherwise simply acknowledging a gay char exists and treating him like every other char as 'normal' and not a big deal is fine by me as well.

Look at RE3 where Carlos makes his 'foxy accent' comment and establishes himself as a ladies man. The scene is entirely unnecessary and is just there to establish some personality to the character. A similiar scene where Carlos says something like "Must be my 'foxy accent'. Drives all the men wild. Guess it works on the ladies too, eh?" or something works just the same.

The original establishes him as a cocky ladies man just to establish some personality and it's never really touched on again and is harmless. The second establishes him as a cocky gay guy just to establish some personality and it's never really touched on again and is harmless.

I don't see a problem with it.
---
"I can control my power.......but, I have no intention of relying upon it." - Leona Heidern.
#75Honey-BoyPosted 9/26/2012 4:02:53 AM
IkariWarriorKH posted...
I disagree that if a gay character is included, it has to be relevant to the plot. That's basically stating that if a gay char is included it 'has' to be a major theme of the game to warrant it's inclusion, rather than you know, just having a 'gay guy' be there and treated like any other normal char.

I understand about wanting to make the character have value rather than 'shoe-horned' in. But, at the same time, I see no problem in a series as mentioned, that is devoid of much of the love and romance, that a gay character can't simply be included with nods that he's gay without actually pushing a love story or gay plot on the player, which in turn would feel far more shoe-horned and forced just to 'justify' the inclusion of a gay character.

If there 'is' a relevant point for his sexuality to take a focus in the storyline, I'm all for it. Otherwise simply acknowledging a gay char exists and treating him like every other char as 'normal' and not a big deal is fine by me as well.

Look at RE3 where Carlos makes his 'foxy accent' comment and establishes himself as a ladies man. The scene is entirely unnecessary and is just there to establish some personality to the character. A similiar scene where Carlos says something like "Must be my 'foxy accent'. Drives all the men wild. Guess it works on the ladies too, eh?" or something works just the same.

The original establishes him as a cocky ladies man just to establish some personality and it's never really touched on again and is harmless. The second establishes him as a cocky gay guy just to establish some personality and it's never really touched on again and is harmless.

carlos as a ladies man is a plot point though.
because of him being such a flirt he ha the hots for Jill, a total babe (and that outfit...) he will risk his life for her on a few occasions because he likes her.

you think his off hand comment had no meaning?

and yes, making a character gay for the sake of being gay is bad writing.

if it dosent serve the plot or story, then it is pointless and shoe-horned.
#76kanto_wandererPosted 9/26/2012 7:33:08 AM
Gay romance? What is this, Metal Gear Solid?
#77Game JediPosted 9/26/2012 7:37:50 AM
Neither, but romance has no place in the Resident Evil series... however, despite the lack of romance, Chris and Piers are gay.
---
Not changing my signature until Resident Evil 2 is remade, and Gouki is included (in-game or as DLC) in a non-campaign mode.
#78Ryan-06Posted 9/26/2012 7:45:56 AM
I'd rather see gay romance, especially if optional like ME3.
That way I can skip it, AND not have to see that stupid Alice in a game. Movies annoy me as it is.
---
0=Rei. Pronounced Rei-six
#79TheVectorPosted 9/26/2012 7:47:39 AM
IkariWarriorKH posted...

The problem is it lays with Capcom, and there not exaclty a company that would't just reference it once and be done with it IMO, (even if they killed the character off in the same game he/she debuts in, I can just see the backlash from it too from fans)

and for the poster who throught GTA in, just don't lol, not saying your wrong but GTA games themselves are pretty much satirical games when it comes to society and stereotypes.......and can't think of one subject they haven't touched on yet just to satire and poke fun at yet except for a Jack Thompson inspired character (but knowing Rockstar and GTA, they might)
#80SnoopydancePosted 9/26/2012 7:51:12 AM
Honey-Boy posted...
IkariWarriorKH posted...

carlos as a ladies man is a plot point though.
because of him being such a flirt he ha the hots for Jill, a total babe (and that outfit...) he will risk his life for her on a few occasions because he likes her.

you think his off hand comment had no meaning?

and yes, making a character gay for the sake of being gay is bad writing.

if it dosent serve the plot or story, then it is pointless and shoe-horned.

Oh, that's so arbitrary. There are plenty of character details that are just for flavor and never factor into the plot at large. Saying you can't do that with homosexuality is like saying including anything gay is such a serious matter that it has to be for a good reason. not to mention if RE3 had a Carlos and Chris for example, and Carlos protected Chris with his life because he was so handsome, then I wonder if you'd make the same justification.
---