Which would you rather see in future games? Super Alice or gay romance?

#81kanto_wandererPosted 9/26/2012 11:56:56 AM
Game Jedi posted...
Neither, but romance has no place in the Resident Evil series... however, despite the lack of romance, Chris and Piers are gay.

I disagree. I actually think adding romantic relationships would only humanize these superhuman characters and (on a personal level) make me more invested in their plight for survival. I'm at the point now where I could give a damn about the intricate web Capcom weaves concerning the origins of their bio-organic mutations and why Umbrella/Tricell/whoever is propagating them into the environment. But if the stakes were raised and the sacrifices were greater for these characters than just losing a reliable "partner" in the line of duty, well, what can I really say? I guess I'm a romantic at heart.

I'm sure though that it would seem silly for the masses who do only care about "finishing the fight" against whatever faceless organization is fighting for world domination (or something along those lines), but honestly, it'll never end. And what can they continue to do with these same characters? What conflicts can they create that will seem fresh three games down the line? Why will I continue to care about Leon Kennedy or Chris Redfield or Jill Valentine when I know they're as impenetrable emotionally to near the point of being soulless?
#82CTU_007(Topic Creator)Posted 9/26/2012 3:49:41 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#83CTU_007(Topic Creator)Posted 9/26/2012 6:05:12 PM
sadiq2010 posted...
silly topic.

It is not silly. And I'm surprised how much Alice is getting dominated in this poll.
#84Honey-BoyPosted 9/26/2012 6:56:58 PM
CTU_007 posted...
sadiq2010 posted...
silly topic.

It is not silly. And I'm surprised how much Alice is getting dominated in this poll.

actually is is.

like all the other topics on homosexuality being showhorned where it would be pointless and arbitrary, this topic is the stupidest.

i choose death of the series over either option.
#85tlcstormzPosted 9/26/2012 6:58:32 PM
tizimin9 posted...
All these gay people say they don't get any gay characters in videogames...

...........what makes you think that even ONE of the threads or posts requesting gay characters in popular culture is actually gay, THEMSELVES..........?

Open your eyes, kid.
---
"As God's chosen people, clothe yourselves in compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, patience...Forgive others...And...LOVE!"
Colossians 3:12-14
#86LeonPliskenPosted 9/26/2012 7:03:16 PM
Why is this thread still going?
---
Sandbox Zombie game with RPG elements and heavy character customization and equipment farming set in modern day. My ideal game.
#87CTU_007(Topic Creator)Posted 9/26/2012 8:50:50 PM
LeonPlisken posted...

Because based on the poll results thus far there is clearly an audience for this kind of thing.
#88NightTerrorX99Posted 9/26/2012 9:00:32 PM
CTU_007 posted...
LeonPlisken posted...

Because based on the poll results thus far there is clearly an audience for this kind of thing.

I dunno, you forget, we're on the internet. One them could be a damn cat for all we know.
---
Pokemon White FC: 3998 2670 7555
#89CTU_007(Topic Creator)Posted 9/27/2012 2:15:49 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#90CTU_007(Topic Creator)Posted 9/27/2012 3:07:38 PM
Cats can have opinions too.