infinite ammo?

#21Rayek11Posted 9/29/2012 7:30:59 AM
simonbelmont2 posted...
Snoopydance posted...
Are you guys not realizing what the "Infinite ammo" option means? The same option was there on RE5. It's the option for allowing it at all. You have to buy the infinite ammo skill for each weapon before you have infinite ammo. No idea why you're all acting as if you can just switch it on right when you turn on the game and have infinite ammo forever.

Lol, my thoughts exactly.

Like i stated earlier...

You can also choose (or not) to play the game with infinite ammo, but you still need skill points to unlock the weapons in that mode...something like that.
---
Don't Believe Everything You Think...
#22simonbelmont2Posted 9/29/2012 7:35:57 AM
Honey-Boy posted...
simonbelmont2 posted...
Honey-Boy posted...
making infinite ammo ruins the value of the game's challenge.

But no one is forced to use it. Players that want the challenge can just ignore it no? It also still has to be purchased with skill points. I've heard it's an expensive upgrade.

the fact that it is there, free to use in the options without earning it is why it devalues the game experience.

a game breaking privilege like that should be earned.

remember when game's had unlockables? or were you too young to play viddy games back then?

It's not game breaking and players can just ignore it. Also as we have all said you have to spend valuable skill points to unlock it for each weapon. How many times do we have to bring those points up before you will acknowledge them?

If players want to use it they will have to earn it. Spending skill points on infinite ammo also prevents the player from purchasing other upgrades as they will have less points leftover for them.

If you don't like it don't use it. Let other players do what they want with it. It is really that simple.

Also, I like how you throw out the random comment about me being too young to remember unlockables, how classy. I played RE1 when it first came out amigo. Where were you back then?
---
Carl Kolchak: You should meet my boss. He'd turn Buddha into a chain smoker.
#23MoneySupremoPosted 9/29/2012 7:36:48 AM
Look you idiots, it is technically NOT available from the start. You have to buy the infinite ammo upgrade, which is VERY expensive, and if you're going to use the infinite ammo upgrade, it can't be done by the total amount of skill points you collect in ONE FULL PLAYTHROUGH. You HAVE to play the chapters over and over and over in your first playthrough in order to gain enough skill points in order to unlock it, or at LEAST 2 full playthroughs without redoing chapters. God, you people act like it's an option right in the menu. The only difference from the infinite ammo upgrade in RE6 compared to RE5 is that you can get it from the first playthrough, but be prepared to replay each chapter at least 4 times.

Remember Devil May Cry 1? You could replay stages over and over collecting Red Orbs until you gained enough to buy new moves. Same with RE6. If you have a problem with RE6's infinite ammo option, then you obviously had a problem with Devil May Cry, or you're being contradictory.
#24simonbelmont2Posted 9/29/2012 7:37:21 AM
Rayek11 posted...
simonbelmont2 posted...
Snoopydance posted...
Are you guys not realizing what the "Infinite ammo" option means? The same option was there on RE5. It's the option for allowing it at all. You have to buy the infinite ammo skill for each weapon before you have infinite ammo. No idea why you're all acting as if you can just switch it on right when you turn on the game and have infinite ammo forever.

Lol, my thoughts exactly.

Like i stated earlier...

You can also choose (or not) to play the game with infinite ammo, but you still need skill points to unlock the weapons in that mode...something like that.

Exactly, the player will still have to earn the upgrade by accruing points and spending them on it.
---
#25Honey-BoyPosted 9/29/2012 7:37:26 AM
simonbelmont2 posted...
Honey-Boy posted...
simonbelmont2 posted...
Honey-Boy posted...

But no one is forced to use it. Players that want the challenge can just ignore it no? It also still has to be purchased with skill points. I've heard it's an expensive upgrade.

the fact that it is there, free to use in the options without earning it is why it devalues the game experience.

remember when game's had unlockables? or were you too young to play viddy games back then?

It's not game breaking and players can just ignore it. Also as we have all said you have to spend valuable skill points to unlock it for each weapon. How many times do we have to bring those points up before you will acknowledge them?

If players want to use it they will have to earn it. Spending skill points on infinite ammo also prevents the player from purchasing other upgrades as they will have less points leftover for them.

If you don't like it don't use it. Let other players do what they want with it. It is really that simple.

Also, I like how you throw out the random comment about me being too young to remember unlockables, how classy. I played RE1 when it first came out amigo. Where were you back then?

playing re1 too.
---
~choose death~
#26simonbelmont2Posted 9/29/2012 7:45:28 AM
MoneySupremo posted...
Look you idiots, it is technically NOT available from the start. You have to buy the infinite ammo upgrade, which is VERY expensive, and if you're going to use the infinite ammo upgrade, it can't be done by the total amount of skill points you collect in ONE FULL PLAYTHROUGH. You HAVE to play the chapters over and over and over in your first playthrough in order to gain enough skill points in order to unlock it, or at LEAST 2 full playthroughs without redoing chapters. God, you people act like it's an option right in the menu. The only difference from the infinite ammo upgrade in RE6 compared to RE5 is that you can get it from the first playthrough, but be prepared to replay each chapter at least 4 times.

Remember Devil May Cry 1? You could replay stages over and over collecting Red Orbs until you gained enough to buy new moves. Same with RE6. If you have a problem with RE6's infinite ammo option, then you obviously had a problem with Devil May Cry, or you're being contradictory.

Some of us already mentioned this just in less detail. Turning it on in the options menu is not an instant win button.
---
#27simonbelmont2Posted 9/29/2012 7:47:18 AM
Honey-Boy posted...
simonbelmont2 posted...
Honey-Boy posted...
simonbelmont2 posted...
Honey-Boy posted...

playing re1 too.

You seem rather resistant to change in the RE games. Are you actually gonna buy RE6?
---
#28MoneySupremoPosted 9/29/2012 7:55:49 AM
Capcom has yet to make a RE game where you do not have to work your @$$ off in order to get an infinite ammo upgrade. I can't believe people are acting like this is ruining the game when it's unlocked the exact same way as it was in RE3, RE0, and Devil May Cry 1. I'm surprised people haven't complained that there's a "Press Start" screen, but I'm guessing by RE7 that these people will.
#29simonbelmont2Posted 9/29/2012 8:01:43 AM
MoneySupremo posted...
Capcom has yet to make a RE game where you do not have to work your @$$ off in order to get an infinite ammo upgrade. I can't believe people are acting like this is ruining the game when it's unlocked the exact same way as it was in RE3, RE0, and Devil May Cry 1. I'm surprised people haven't complained that there's a "Press Start" screen, but I'm guessing by RE7 that these people will.

Welcome to Gamefaqs. Some players seem to exist on here solely to complain about random stuff.
---
#30blubagaPosted 9/29/2012 8:02:38 AM
Every single RE has had infinite ammo, if it wasn't a problem then than why is it one now?

Turning it on in the options is only good for the people who have already unlocked it.
---
Onimusha HD trilogy, make it happen Capcom.