Has anyone successfully made the 6 barely visible yet?

#1SteadyingMeatPosted 9/28/2012 7:20:54 PM
I made it almost barely visible, but even then, the rest of the screen was pitch freaking black, I can't imagine how dark they want it to be XD
---
" hey meat-kun y you no sig? :| "
#2MusambaniPosted 9/28/2012 7:21:42 PM
SteadyingMeat posted...
I made it almost barely visible, but even then, the rest of the screen was pitch freaking black, I can't imagine how dark they want it to be XD

They probably want it to be Doom 3 level dark.
#3heartlesshero17Posted 9/28/2012 7:23:39 PM
I played Leon's demo pitch black before. Couldn't see anything at times.

It was awesome! The DD demo though was even more dark XD
---
I'll eat a sock if VersusXIII is actually a mind blowing game.
-PainsPerception
#4BlueSkies7776Posted 9/28/2012 7:35:55 PM
Capcom needs help with their brightness guides. In RE5 they said to adjust the slider until the BSAA emblem was slightly out of focus and no one knew WTF that was supposed to mean. Now for RE6 they are telling us to adjust the brightness until the six is barely visible but if you do so then nothing is visible...
---
My good movie of the week: "Clueless"
Game of the month: Gran Turismo 5
#5Big_Boss1432Posted 9/28/2012 8:07:43 PM
BlueSkies7776 posted...
Capcom needs help with their brightness guides. In RE5 they said to adjust the slider until the BSAA emblem was slightly out of focus and no one knew WTF that was supposed to mean. Now for RE6 they are telling us to adjust the brightness until the six is barely visible but if you do so then nothing is visible...

I think that means they want the game ****ing dark.
---
If this game wasn't gonna be sick; then I wouldn't be posting on this board, guy. Long story short.... THIS. GAME. IS. GONNA. BE. sick.
#6kalibre16Posted 9/28/2012 9:17:57 PM
you know what thats actually pretty interesting I'm going to try and play the demo using capcoms reccomendations and see how it goes

(honestly I never even looked at the brightness as an issue except for my playthrough on the XBOX but that was more because I was getting gray blacks instead of black like on PS3
---
---
"A good essay is like a mini skirt its long enough to cover all the important stuff but still short enough to keep you interested"---
#7Kakashi_LawyerPosted 9/28/2012 9:34:48 PM(edited)

That's the point. After all the crying about RE5 being to bright they decided to go the opposite direction with RE6 by making it much darker with more focus on lighting techniques.
---
" A young fighter screaming, with no time for doubt. With the pain and anger cant see a way out,
I want it all, I want it all, and I want it now. "
#8SteadyingMeat(Topic Creator)Posted 9/29/2012 6:05:52 PM
Well I hope they actually put the effort into testing different brightness settings and chose the best come the full game, 'cause I don't care what anyone says, they clearly did not do that in the demo version, 'cause no one in their right mind would think that's playable.

I dunno about Chris's, but Leon and Jake's demos are completely unplayable if you use the recommended settings.

Than again, you do have a flash light in the full version, don't you?
---
" hey meat-kun y you no sig? :| "
#9pure mind gamesPosted 9/29/2012 6:12:51 PM
I left it on default
---
Resident Evil 4 Playtrough part Final
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psRVCUuWJTY
#10furygodsPosted 9/29/2012 6:14:06 PM
I think Capcom wants you to not see the low res textures on the environment :3
---
School Days HQ: One of the best animated visual novels ever.
Shiny Days: Mediocre at best but Setsuna is adorable <3