The Mercenaries tips please

#1sehr0Posted 9/30/2012 5:13:43 PM(edited)
usually i really suck at The Mercenaries solo (RE5 barely i get 15k points lol) but in RE6 i managed to get 60k points for some reason (easiest Merc?) but i got D and didnt unlock anything : s

anyway anyone have tips for me? (i know the basics and time bonus locations)
#2SlyCooper23Posted 9/30/2012 5:15:59 PM
Dont get too trigger happy. Just casually go from timer to timer(or combo bonus) while maintaining a constant kill count. Head shot, melee, run a bit and repeat. The most important thing i had to remember was not to go overkill and run them out and lose my combo while they're spawning.
---
"We're not tools of the government or anyone else, fighting was the only thing I was good at, but at least I always fought for what I believed in''
#3ShadowlinkexPosted 9/30/2012 5:18:41 PM
60k is nothing to re6 Mercs apparently :\ And yea it's fairly challenging, imo, especially when Crimson Head zombies start showing up.

My strategy for Urban Chaos...
- Collect all time bonuses

- Collect herbs/grenades (ESPECIALLY incendiaries) as you're collecting time bonuses

- Start killing, try to put melees into your kills as much as possible without exhausting your gauge

- Use a powerful weapon when you need to save the combo; assuming you KNOW you will land the shot though

- When dogs start appearing, quickfire them; it'll almost insta-kill and fairly easy. If you get knocked down by one, don't fret; shake them loose, get up and quickfire for a quicksave on
the combo

- When the firemen zombies appear, just shoot them as regular zombies and feel free to shoot their canisters from a small distance if you wish

- The BSAA zombies, oh boy... these guys, you have to aim precisely on their heads and go for the melee kill; they're irritating I know but this is the best way unless you can kill them wit grenades/remote bombs but I don't recommend it.

- When the Crimsons' start appearing, unload with powerful weapons, but try to be accurate on your shots. If they start surrounding you, use an incendiary, it's a one hit kill, basically.

- When the miniboss (fat zombie, for example) appears, just unload with a powerful weapon and try to kill the weaker zombies around to preserve your combo. Use grenades to aid you as well!

That's basically it; best way to get at least an A rank. S ranking is pretty difficulty, but do-able. And if you wish, if you know where they are, you can shoot the time combo bonuses for more points but they're not reliable if you know they WILL get in the way of preserving your combos.
#4sehr0(Topic Creator)Posted 9/30/2012 5:18:42 PM
SlyCooper23 posted...
Dont get too trigger happy. Just casually go from timer to timer(or combo bonus) while maintaining a constant kill count. Head shot, melee, run a bit and repeat. The most important thing i had to remember was not to go overkill and run them out and lose my combo while they're spawning.

thanks! honestly i dont pay alot of attention to combos lol
#5SlyCooper23Posted 9/30/2012 5:21:35 PM
sehr0 posted...
SlyCooper23 posted...

thanks! honestly i dont pay alot of attention to combos lol

That's why :P. I'm not the best merc player, but i pride myself on being able to break 200k in RE5 Mercs Solo :P.
---
"We're not tools of the government or anyone else, fighting was the only thing I was good at, but at least I always fought for what I believed in''
#6sehr0(Topic Creator)Posted 9/30/2012 5:26:57 PM(edited)
Shadowlinkex posted...
60k is nothing to re6 Mercs apparently :\ And yea it's fairly challenging, imo, especially when Crimson Head zombies start showing up.

My strategy for Urban Chaos...
- Collect all time bonuses

- Collect herbs/grenades (ESPECIALLY incendiaries) as you're collecting time bonuses

- Start killing, try to put melees into your kills as much as possible without exhausting your gauge

- Use a powerful weapon when you need to save the combo; assuming you KNOW you will land the shot though

- When dogs start appearing, quickfire them; it'll almost insta-kill and fairly easy. If you get knocked down by one, don't fret; shake them loose, get up and quickfire for a quicksave on
the combo

- When the firemen zombies appear, just shoot them as regular zombies and feel free to shoot their canisters from a small distance if you wish

- The BSAA zombies, oh boy... these guys, you have to aim precisely on their heads and go for the melee kill; they're irritating I know but this is the best way unless you can kill them wit grenades/remote bombs but I don't recommend it.

- When the Crimsons' start appearing, unload with powerful weapons, but try to be accurate on your shots. If they start surrounding you, use an incendiary, it's a one hit kill, basically.

- When the miniboss (fat zombie, for example) appears, just unload with a powerful weapon and try to kill the weaker zombies around to preserve your combo. Use grenades to aid you as well!

That's basically it; best way to get at least an A rank. S ranking is pretty difficulty, but do-able. And if you wish, if you know where they are, you can shoot the time combo bonuses for more points but they're not reliable if you know they WILL get in the way of preserving your combos.

yeah the The BSAA zombies (and zombies with rifle) and crimsons are annoying :/

thanks!

btw are the the time&combo bonus+ skill good? i dont have it yet because i spend sp mostly on campaigns right now