How to unlock stuff in Mercenaries ?

#11OLIV47(Topic Creator)Posted 10/1/2012 2:50:10 AM
Seksii_Girl_3 posted...
OLIV47 posted...
"I suppose I should thank you !"

For a more precise answer.
Play all 3 campaigns to unlock all 3 merc maps.
Get A to unlock costumes, getting an A with Leon will unlock his costume, Getting A with Sherry will unlock hers ect.
Get A to unlock the 3 partners (Helena, Piers, Sherry)

But you need to get atleast one A on each map to unlock each character.
Urban Chaos unlocks Helena, The ice cavern unlocks Sherry and the last unlock Piers.

Not sure about getting S' but i'm assuming getting an S with every character will unlock Hunk or Ada Wong.

"Thanks partnah !"
---
The truth is just an excuse for a lack of imagination .
#12meestah009Posted 10/1/2012 3:26:06 AM
OLIV47 posted...
Seksii_Girl_3 posted...
OLIV47 posted...

Get A to unlock costumes, getting an A with Leon will unlock his costume, Getting A with Sherry will unlock hers ect.

Urban Chaos unlocks Helena, The ice cavern unlocks Sherry and the last unlock Piers.

Not sure about getting S' but i'm assuming getting an S with every character will unlock Hunk or Ada Wong.

"Thanks partnah !"

Pshhh, that's old. You have to do this now:

"Glad you're here!"
*awkward and robotic thumb's up*

So does each campaign, including Ada's for a total of 4, unlock a Mercenaries map? Does that mean there's a total of 5 (Urban Chaos which is already unlocked + the 4 maps you can unlock from the 4 campaigns)?

Also, have you seen the video showcasing all of the character costumes on the disc? Like the 32-bit costumes, for example. Just wondering if you can unlock any of these by getting certain ranks or finishing the campaign, though I'm pretty sure these are going to be RE.net unlockables. If you want to see these costumes look up "FluffyQuack" on youtube, he has one video showing all costumes for all characters. SPOILER WARNING though, there is a spoiler regarding Sherry in that video. I've been trying to avoid story spoilers but that one didn't bother me too much. It just made me want to use Sherry in Mercenaries even more.
#13OLIV47(Topic Creator)Posted 10/1/2012 4:20:46 AM
Another question : do you keep skills points gained in a mercs game even if you die ?
Apparently mercs seems to be the best way for farming skills points...
---
The truth is just an excuse for a lack of imagination .
#14TheDawnRiderPosted 10/1/2012 5:10:19 AM
Seksii_Girl_3 posted...
OLIV47 posted...

You don't always need to get an A. I got a B and unlocked Helena. No idea about the others though because Helena is the only character I've unlocked so far.
#15IkariWarriorKHPosted 10/1/2012 5:55:36 AM
You don't need an A to unlock chars, only costumes. B rank on each stage will unlock the partner for that stage. Urban Chaos = Helena, Steel Beast = Piers, Mining the Depths = Sherry. B rank those to get those chars. Completely all 4 campaigns unlocks an additional character. Getting A ranks with a character on a stage unlocks their costume. And beating Chris' scenario unlocks steel beast while beating Jake's scenario unlocks Mining the depths. Beating Leon's scenario doesn't unlock anything for Mercs since Mercs and Leon's stage are there by default.
---
"I can control my power.......but, I have no intention of relying upon it." - Leona Heidern.
#16TheBlueViperPosted 10/1/2012 6:35:32 AM
Seksii_Girl_3 posted...

Ada unlocks after completing her own campaign. So if there's anything for S ranking, maybe Hunk?
#17Seksii_Girl_3Posted 10/1/2012 7:48:02 AM
TheBlueViper posted...
Seksii_Girl_3 posted...

Ada unlocks after completing her own campaign. So if there's anything for S ranking, maybe Hunk?

Apparently that is how you unlock Hunk according to some of the users.
---
Daniel Bryan is my future husband!
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m4rxpltQhL1qgvr4ko1_250.gif
#18kingman_73Posted 10/1/2012 10:55:53 AM
I got a B on the first level with Jake and unlocked Helena. I got a B with Chris and got nothing.
---
If less is more, just think how much more MORE would be.