The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Even with all the hate,the trolls,the bad reviews....

#1NeemohPosted 10/2/2012 3:56:35 PM
I still got this and enjoyed the hell out of it. Same thing with RE5, everyone hated it, I played it and had a good time. I don't know why, maybe I prefer entertainment value to graphics. The old RE games were fun to look at, because of the prerendered backgrounds and the camera angles. But that was pretty much the only good thing those games had. The broken tank controls, I didn't like so much. The puzzles....meh. The awkward combat...meh. The "horror" factor....wasn't even there for RE1, RE2, and RE3. Only REmake and RE0 had those IMO. And those games weren't actually "scary" like a lot of people said. The only videogame that came close to being scary was Amnesia (before you saw what the enemies looked like). RE4 is one of my favorite games ever, and RE5 was identical gameplay-wise. RE6 just takes everything I love about RE4 and multiplies it x10. The action, the cheesiness, the ridiculous over-the-top...ness. I played the game with my cousin and my sister, we all loved it. So I guess all the hate and whine-sessions I've been reading here for months were all for nothing...LOL
#2PyroSparkPosted 10/2/2012 3:59:09 PM
Yeah, the game is pretty godlike. But it's RE, so are you really suprised? XD
---
rexator-"Make it a money match so that the winner gets to crap in the other's mouth." PSN: PyroSpark7
#3KaliestoPosted 10/2/2012 3:59:53 PM(edited)
I approve this topic, I never found any of the old RE games scary except for the Resident Evil remake.

Might have to do with our age,growing up,etc or other factors.
---
"GameFAQs is a giant MMO text adventure." - Clarifinatious
"I've beat it twice." - TheLichLord
#4abdouPosted 10/2/2012 4:00:21 PM
Good for you.
---
#5Neemoh(Topic Creator)Posted 10/2/2012 4:00:24 PM
Kaliesto posted...
I approve this topic, I never found any of the old RE games except for the Resident Evil remake.

Might have to do with our age,growing up,etc or other factors.

RE3 is very nostalgic for me, but REmake was just amazing. RE0 was good too.
#6MrcTOtheJPosted 10/2/2012 4:01:14 PM
Seems the trolls are in resecsion.

I can get not likeing a game but no need to rant so much hate about it state your opinion in a nice manner.

Anyhow glad you enjoy the game, I know I will won't have it untill tomorrow though, but I loved the Demo and everything I've seen so far, and can't wait to pick up my anthologies edition.
---
Self Proclaimed Offical HoonDing, The Yokudan God of Make Way of the TES:V Skyrim Boards (360/PS3)
#7samjeez62Posted 10/2/2012 4:02:59 PM
I am at the end of Leon campaign right now i can say that the haters throll or any other putting down this game are missing some sick fun.

The gameplay its all about the new gameplay run dash shoot on your back SICKK SICK SICK
#8kewldude475Posted 10/2/2012 4:03:23 PM
This game is awesome, and I never expected anything different. It's not scary, but it's entertaining as hell.

I mean, I don't see how scariness affects how good a game is. RE4 wasn't even all that scary (though admittedly, far more scary then 6).
---
Member of the V3Da master race.
PSN: kewldude475
#9Neemoh(Topic Creator)Posted 10/2/2012 4:03:23 PM
MrcTOtheJ posted...
Seems the trolls are in resecsion.

I can get not likeing a game but no need to rant so much hate about it state your opinion in a nice manner.

Anyhow glad you enjoy the game, I know I will won't have it untill tomorrow though, but I loved the Demo and everything I've seen so far, and can't wait to pick up my anthologies edition.

The anthologies edition...I would've bought it if they came with actual discs for the other games and some extra. And I wish REmake was on it.
#10KaliestoPosted 10/2/2012 4:03:29 PM
Sorry for the mistype in my post, lost a word there, but yeah back when I was younger, it was scary to me then because I was never into the horror genre until that day a long time ago. It was scary the first time around, but after while you realize well....this really did feel like a action/mystery more than horror, but with a horror theme.

When I looked at it like that, it applied to every RE game I've played.

The last and only last time something ever scared me was Dead Space 1...but after like halfway through the game, I started to laugh at the creatures because it felt more comedic.
---
"GameFAQs is a giant MMO text adventure." - Clarifinatious
"I've beat it twice." - TheLichLord