The controls in this game are extremely easy

#1Hiten Mitsurugi SPosted 10/3/2012 3:54:46 AM
Once you get used to them, they fit in completely with the game. I've had absolutely zero problems with the camera and the dodge mechanics once I got used to them. They cram alot of inputs in, but wow, people must not be able to adapt.

I've only played up to Chapter 5 on Chris's, and 3 hours in Mercenaries, and I already love the game. Chris's scenario has a decent amount of horror, I have no idea what the hell people are talking about. This game is already loads scarier then Revelations.

I think people are just bandwagon hating. There is just no way this game is under a 9, 3/10 and 4.5 are just unreal and there has to be something behind that.
---
PSN : The14thOne.
#2glenn3ePosted 10/3/2012 3:58:00 AM
I've played coop with Chris's and Jake's on singleplayer and I must say that their campaigns are totally different. Chris has firepower and squaddies while Jake has lots of bosses, stealth and some solo runs.
---
PSN for Dragon's Dogma:
glenn_3e(80+ Mage) and jessicaglenn(90+ Warrior)
#3Hiten Mitsurugi S(Topic Creator)Posted 10/3/2012 3:59:30 AM
Oh, and the cover system, people seriously complain that it's hard to use? You just walk up, press the cover button (I'm on 360 so I don't know the PS3 controls) and then hold the direction you want to shoot out of, and release the direction to go back under cover.......is it really that hard?
---
#4verozoPosted 10/3/2012 4:10:50 AM
Some people are just trash with games like this, they need a super easy mode with auto aim and enemies just staring at you.
---
Black FC: 4384 1611 0938
PSN : Inyourfaec
#5MikeyM1979Posted 10/3/2012 4:12:06 AM
I agree on the controls, Hiten. Though I've only played the PS3 demo. I'm not entirely sure why the game has gotten such low ratings...
---
Neji and Hinata could (IMO) destroy Itachi by simply covering their eyes and using Byakugan. - reptyle101
#6kakarotozeroPosted 10/3/2012 4:14:59 AM
i still have problems with the control, is tricky to get used.

sometimes i want to run, and i press other button.
---
Kame Hame Ha
#7Hiten Mitsurugi S(Topic Creator)Posted 10/3/2012 4:15:22 AM
People don't seem to realize that you can't just mash in this game. If you get knocked down, don't mash you gun unless you want to be in prone position instead of getting up. Don't mash the control stick or else you'll roll around. Don't mash the healing button unless you want to fully heal, which isn't always a good idea since one pill restores your stamina as well. Don't mash QTEs because some are timing specific.........I wish people would slow down and take the time to learn everything before calling the controls a mess.
---
#8snakey24Posted 10/3/2012 4:26:26 AM
I was WTF at first, how DO I slide, how do I dodge, how do I do this and that.
But then I played it a bit more and I was like, OK IT's not THAT HARD!
I finished Leon yesterday, It was ok, could have been better, but it didn't deserve the score it got, right now this is 6.5 min
Max i'd give 7.5...like I said, for now.
---
Currently Playing: TotA(3DS), KH:3D (3DS), VNs(PC), RE5:GoldEdition, Need RE6 NAO >.<!
PSN:x-fh-xkathleena
#9Zoey_LouisPosted 10/3/2012 4:28:43 AM(edited)
They're still not very intuitive, and to the casual gamer (aka 90% of an AAA titles sales nowadays) they are going to be completely turned off by how clunky the controls can be at times when they're used to the ease of use and smoothness of the controls in games like CoD, Gears, Uncharted, or Halo.

They also aren't explained very well since the game doesn't come with a manual, some of the more advanced stuff like holding X to recover when you get knocked back, or how healing yourself also heals your partner near you, is only conveyed to the player through loading tool tips. It's just messy.

For instance, the way dodge works just blows my mind, like really they couldn't come up with a better way to do it? You have to be aiming, then you have to press a direction and then X to dodge. Why didn't they just have a single button for dodge? It could have easily replaced Partner Commands on circle. You really don't need an entire button dedicated to Partner Commands, because god knows most people don't use that crap anyways.

And it's not just controls, this game is littered with questionable design decisions and they combine together to add up into kind of a mess. Since they focused so much on making all these different campaigns (that most people will play through once and then done...) they ended up neglecting Mercs, so now there are only three measly maps for it. Mercs is usually what keeps the game alive long after release, but it only has three crummy maps this time. Can't wait for all that nickle and dime DLC, you know it's coming from Capcom king of DLC.
---
PROTIP: To defeat the Cyberdemon, shoot at it until it dies.
#10Masemune_100Posted 10/3/2012 4:30:56 AM(edited)
****, I've played Monster Hunter for 500+ hours. If the casual gamer wants to talk about clunky controls, they don't need to talk about RE6. These controls are fine.
---
Who is the Milkman?