The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Incentives to keep playing after you beat it??

#1Paper_ApePosted 10/3/2012 8:29:18 AM
Before I say anything... I want to say RE6 is a pretty awesome game...

however... i do think that it's lacking incentive for me to keep playing after i've beaten it once...

comparing RE6 with RE5, I remember replaying RE5 immediately after beating it for the first time to upgrade my guns, love the fact that you can choose your guns before your mission starts etc...

in RE6... you get to upgrade skills... sure this is a legit incentives for you to keep playing... but it's just not grabbing me...

RE5's upgrading mechanic really do makes me feel stronger the more time i put into the game...

But in RE6, you only get 3 skills slots... sure you can change skill sets while in game... but this really breaks the flow of game play... and I really dont bother switching my skills all that much...

i feel that RE6's end-game/upgrading mechanics are a step backwards from RE5...

anyone else feel what i feel?
#2chaoshadouPosted 10/3/2012 8:31:19 AM
Mercenaries, Agent Hunt, and when they come out, the three other DLC modes.
---
Awesome series, please support the VN ps3 localization http://petitiononline.com/umineko1/petition.html
http://www.facebook.com/OperationGoldenLand
#3aPimp_named_leEPosted 10/3/2012 8:32:19 AM
idk actually... agent hunt mode?
---
~I will floss my teeth with your soul~
#4JoNeZYx9xPosted 10/3/2012 8:33:03 AM
well 4 me its the same as RE5 where i would upgrade everything i can and then go help noobies out with their campaigns :) someone did it 4 me with RE5 and i said "hey...i wanna b able 2 do that 4 others" Pay It Foward
---
P$N: GoRiLLA-JoNeZ
"Manslaughter in alphabetical order for 4 quarters, world war that turns sons to grandaughters..HAHAHAHAHAAAA"---Reggie Noble
#5BeatleslegendPosted 10/3/2012 8:33:49 AM
Mercs, agent hunt, and that mode where you play as ustanak. Plus you can go through the the campaigns with the other characters
#6Paper_Ape(Topic Creator)Posted 10/3/2012 8:33:53 AM
i guess what i want to say is... I miss having my powerful guns in RE5...

the other modes are additional contents for the game... and does not add extra playtime for the storymode... unlike RE5
#7guiltyslayerPosted 10/3/2012 8:35:00 AM(edited)
RE.net was actually built as an incentive to keep playing. Especially if you want to buy absolutely everything in that Diorama or earn web badges which is basically the 2nd achievement list.
#8toledoguy452Posted 10/3/2012 8:36:56 AM
Just keep playing... Keep killing time until " Tomb Raider" and "The Last Of Us " comes out next yr...I am waiting for these 2 games for sure also..l
#9pure mind gamesPosted 10/3/2012 8:39:53 AM
Infinite Ammo isn't enough?
---
Resident Evil 4 Playtrough part Final
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psRVCUuWJTY
#10edward18Posted 10/3/2012 8:40:36 AM
Just play it again? That's what all old games had for replayability.
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai