The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

What's your opinion on QTE's?

#1BadBas9493Posted 10/3/2012 10:27:10 AM
Personally, I do not like them. It's not that they're hard, I just feel that they take you out of the experience (like a reminder that your just playing a game). It's probably the only big issue i have with this game. But I'm still having a blast with this game nonetheless! IMO, the only game that can pull off QTE's is God of War lol. But that may just be because those games have grown on me.
#2rjames80Posted 10/3/2012 10:28:56 AM
I don't really mind them. It makes me feel like I'm actually in control of the scenes instead of just feeling like I'm watching a movie instead of playing a game.
---
New episodes of Arrested Development in 2013!
#3kamikaze135Posted 10/3/2012 10:29:44 AM
I don't mind QTEs, but when a game that isn't known for using them all of a sudden drowns in them, it sucks.
---
This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time -Tyler Durden
#4Orochi_LedePosted 10/3/2012 10:30:25 AM
I'm very mixed with them, on one hand i like them because they force you to think quickly, especially your 1st time playing this and they reduce the lazy factor.

on the other i don't like them because some of them can be frustrating, (like the rope climing) and some make no sense at all, making you wonder was that one even nessassary..

in the end they are no where near bad enough to make me dislike the game, but they went a tad to far with some of them.
#5guiltyslayerPosted 10/3/2012 10:31:08 AM
Resident Evil has always used QTEs. Usually in the shake off variety. They just added more of them over the years.
#6THE__ENDPosted 10/3/2012 10:32:44 AM
Heavy Rain is an amazing game...........pure QTE heaven!!!
---
Now, spirits, grant me the strength to finish this... one... final prey...
#7ClarkyMalarkyPosted 10/3/2012 10:33:37 AM
guiltyslayer posted...
Resident Evil has always used QTEs. Usually in the shake off variety. They just added more of them over the years.

Always? I don't think you know what that word means.
---
Your ugly face is starting to piss me off.
#882xenoPosted 10/3/2012 10:34:59 AM(edited)
Well with this game, QTE's seem abundant simply because it is through situations you have never been through. Yeah, you probably didn't expect that Zombie to jump out of nowhere and grapple you. I would say 90% of the QTE in this game revolves around those situations....which can either (depending on who you are) add to the tension or become a massive annoyance.

I really don't mind the concept overall in games, but I think the major ire people have with this game is that they are facing massive amounts of QTE's through events they are running through for the first time.

I think that was the developer's intention with QTE's this time around, to add almost random tension to the events.
---
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/620272-playstation-vita/62189140
Someone mad on last page... ;)
#9OhYouCowardPosted 10/3/2012 10:34:13 AM
I absolutely hate them. They aren't enjoyable and only give me a few cheap deaths if I'm not paying constant attention to the game, which is dreadfully boring at most parts.
#10pure mind gamesPosted 10/3/2012 10:34:43 AM
It makes me feel like I'm actually in control of the scenes

you should see a doctor about that.

Sometimes they're OK, other times they just feel like they're there for the sake of being there.
---
Resident Evil 4 Playtrough part Final
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psRVCUuWJTY