What's your opinion on QTE's?

#11jcrickettPosted 10/3/2012 11:34:50 AM
Absolutely despise them.

Cancelled my preorder of this game due to (the abundance of) them.
#12CineraryPosted 10/3/2012 11:35:16 AM
kamikaze135 posted...
I don't mind QTEs, but when a game that isn't known for using them all of a sudden drowns in them, it sucks.

This. Ninja Gaiden 3 is still fresh in my memory. >:(

That being said, I am still enjoying RE6.
---
PSN: SouthPhillySanta http://i.imgur.com/X6ju8.png
Yo homie...is that my briefcase?
#13JackalPosted 10/3/2012 11:35:33 AM
guiltyslayer posted...
Resident Evil has always used QTEs. Usually in the shake off variety. They just added more of them over the years.

This man is typing while drunk. Those are not QTEs.
---
PSN: Jackal-5, XBox: Jackal 55 (No, I don't have a 360)
EVE Online: Jonak
#14zero3384Posted 10/3/2012 11:35:43 AM
I don't mind an occasional QTE...it adds to the experience...however when its a QTE out of no where and you miss it cuz you were getting a drink and get killed, it can be infuriating

I can't even count the number of times I died when in the plane with Wesker in RE 5 just because of the QTEs
---
GT: Zerofoxy3384
#15TV_Casualty87Posted 10/3/2012 11:36:35 AM
I honestly enjoy QTE's but I think they botched them in this game. Asura's Wrath (which is also a Capcom game) is personally one of my favorite games, and if anyone doesn't already know it's pretty much all QTE's except for the rail shooter/brawler parts. If RE6 had implemented the QTE system from AW it would have made it such a better experience for me, and I'm sure a lot of other players.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.9
#16Soldier3rdClassPosted 10/3/2012 11:39:36 AM(edited)
Don't mind them in real intense situations where it makes you feel like a badass. This game however has way too many. I don't like cutscene qte either because a lot of times I'll use cutscenes as a time to sit back and take a sip of my drink. Can't do that here XD.

Metal Gear Solid in the Microwave was a QTE done right (if you consider that a QTE) because it's only 1 of the few in the game and it's suppose to make you suffer so you know the pain Snake is going through. (/10000000 of course)
---
2500K @4.5Ghz // GTX 680 SC SLI // 8GB RAM // Extreme3 Gen3 Mobo
SteamID: SmurfyD
#17tehheadPosted 10/3/2012 11:38:26 AM
i have problem with them not working when its pressed
especially on zombies where parrying will save alot of effort & ammo
and leon graveyard traps, those are WONKY as heck, IMO anyway
i hope there's a patch to increase the window for button (button doesn't dissappear as fast)

not so bad on javo's because you need to gun them anyway to setup a melee
#18takahash1Posted 10/3/2012 11:39:57 AM
yeah some of them really suck. Especially the climbing part whereby u have press r1 l1 simultaneously. That really fail. Is very not effective. Capcom should have just copied from shenmue for qte. No one can deny that shenmue has the best qte. But is kinda old game probably no one really remembers it.
#19TomorrowDogPosted 10/3/2012 11:39:59 AM
Ever since KHII I've regarded them as utter garbage.

It is a pitiful substitute for real gameplay that appeals to the lowest common denominator. You watch a cool cutscene and push a button and pretend you are the one pulling off badass stunts.
---
"Happiness is nature's way of telling human resources you're overpaid." - Catbert
#20pure mind gamesPosted 10/3/2012 11:41:22 AM(edited)
i have problem with them not working when its pressed

Yeah, I always seem to get hit by one of those barrier things when on the mine cart usually the one that appears THE SECOND you get up after dodging one.
---
Resident Evil 4 Playtrough part Final
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psRVCUuWJTY