Just tried playing RE1, 2 and 3, they suck!

#21GodSlayer66Posted 10/3/2012 1:51:20 PM
You are surprised that those old games suck in this day and age?
The voice acting was always bad. The story was always ridiculous, the controls were always bad. Yet the gameplay was fun for some reason. Then again i was too young to be too critical of anything. Now the only thing that are keeping those games playable is nostalgia. Then again REmake actually managed to scare me with those damn crimson heads which was amusing and amazing.
---
This post is now 20% cooler.
#22Aqua_lovePosted 10/3/2012 1:53:53 PM
DPOnerival posted...
Sorry I meant "You had to of been there"
Meaning, unless you have some very deep appreciation of how old games played, you're probably not going to like what it brings to the table. But if you played it when it was first released it was pretty ground breaking.

Which is WHY it's so pathetic that people complain about new games

I love the old games, but I appreciate that it would be ridiculous to have a game play like that now
---
http://gfaqsff.wikia.com/wiki/GFAQs_Final_Fantasy_Wiki
Join us in our beautiful new home~~
#23WalkingPlaguePosted 10/3/2012 1:54:37 PM
Lol. TC was probably owned by the Zombie that was feasting on Kenneth, got lost on his way to the RPD and was owned by the Nemmy in the beginning.
---
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 5: Gold Edition (PS3), Resident Evil 6 (PS3)
PSN-ID: nintendofied
#24edward18Posted 10/3/2012 1:58:11 PM
How would it be rediculous to have a game like that now? I'm talking about gameplay, not your "oh it's bad voice acting lol" crap.
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai
#25Aqua_lovePosted 10/3/2012 2:02:04 PM
edward18 posted...
How would it be rediculous to have a game like that now? I'm talking about gameplay, not your "oh it's bad voice acting lol" crap.

Tank movement is terrible
otherwise I have no issue with how the old games play
---
#26edward18Posted 10/3/2012 2:06:01 PM
When was it ever a problem?
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
#27jacobfilyaw22Posted 10/3/2012 2:08:13 PM
DPOnerival posted...
Sorry I meant "You had to of been there"
Meaning, unless you have some very deep appreciation of how old games played, you're probably not going to like what it brings to the table. But if you played it when it was first released it was pretty ground breaking.

I actually agree, most modern gamers can't really get into the older games. It's not really the controls or gameplay that we miss. It's the atmosphere, the horror, scares, survival aspects, and puzzle solving. Maybe it's just me but I would be really happy if RE7 played like Leon's campaign. Of course, I am not in denial...some improvements to the controls and camera would be nice but imho, Leon's campaign is a good starting point for a modern Resident Evil.
---
"Chuck Norris was in charge of tightening up teh grafix on Crysis. Any game trying for better is doomed for epic fail." -Vrack
#28Aqua_lovePosted 10/3/2012 2:10:43 PM
edward18 posted...
When was it ever a problem?

It wasn't ever a problem, I've completed all the old games on all highest difficulties possible.....but I didn't like it, it's slow and unrealistic

the way they move now is much better and if you can't see that you're blinded by nostalgia
---
#29edward18Posted 10/3/2012 2:15:21 PM
Well I haven't played 6 so I wouldn't know. The tank controls are fine to me.
---
#30Aqua_lovePosted 10/3/2012 2:18:04 PM
edward18 posted...
Well I haven't played 6 so I wouldn't know. The tank controls are fine to me.

for their time, yeah
---