Just tried playing RE1, 2 and 3, they suck!

#51chaostdkPosted 10/3/2012 2:03:00 PM
goukibuki posted...
But how about Jill in that skirt? Amirite? Anyone...

you mean how about jill in dem linebacker shoulderpads.

also, master of unlocking
also, jill sandwich
also, chris, get a piece of the action

and in this thread, nostalgia goggles everywhere.
#52Aqua_lovePosted 10/3/2012 2:19:44 PM
edward18 posted...

Development in gaming systems does however change that

No it doesn't.

It's good because it's the original resident evil, but it wouldn't be good for a game that released tomorrow

To me it'd be quite alright.

or....maybe...games just SUCKED back then so we didn't know what a good game really was. If it's a bad game it's a bad game, and time won't change that.

Or maybe you've just changed your opinion over time.

I actually take back everything I said, i had a good think about it, and Outbreak as a HD game would work fine for me...
so yeah, same with REmake
and if they work fine in my head the others do too

I'm clearly just nitpicking in defence of 6
but I still think 6 is brilliant
---
http://gfaqsff.wikia.com/wiki/GFAQs_Final_Fantasy_Wiki
Join us in our beautiful new home~~
#53Aqua_lovePosted 10/3/2012 2:20:07 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#54wickdawg01Posted 10/3/2012 2:20:33 PM
Akaimizu posted...
" Bad voice acting"

^ Love this one. Considering Resident Evil got fondly known FOR it's Bad Voice Acting. It wasn't just Bad. It was a Golden kind of Bad. No matter how the TC posted this. As a troll or not a troll, you'd get nobody disagreeing with you there. Even when the game first released, people considered that part horrible. We've had plenty of games with much better voice acting before it.

But you either hate it, or love it. Fortunately, people ended up loving it for the laughs.

Now excuse me, I think I just spotted some blood. "I hope.. it's not...Chris'...blood."

To be fair. House of the Dead 1 and 2 were also known for the same kind of Hilariously bad voice acting. Especially HOTD2. Something that SEGA actually made fun of, themselves, in Typing of the Dead.

Yes, the first game was so campy and thats what made it great. Its like those rediculous older Bruce Campbell movies, Army of Darkness etc. They were corny as heck but if you dont go in looking for something super serious then you wont be let down.

The first RE was a great game when it was released and once you got past the wretched voice acting and played through the game a couple times you can really start to appreciate how funny it is.

I mean other than the camera, QTE's, all around messing with the "zombies" and crazy Michael Bay storyline and explosions the new Resident Evil games have completely lost their sense of humor and that really hurt the series.
---
Karma will come to your house and wreck up the place.
------TimEnchanter
#55Aqua_lovePosted 10/3/2012 2:29:35 PM
wickdawg01 posted...
Akaimizu posted...
" Bad voice acting"

^ Love this one. Considering Resident Evil got fondly known FOR it's Bad Voice Acting. It wasn't just Bad. It was a Golden kind of Bad. No matter how the TC posted this. As a troll or not a troll, you'd get nobody disagreeing with you there. Even when the game first released, people considered that part horrible. We've had plenty of games with much better voice acting before it.

But you either hate it, or love it. Fortunately, people ended up loving it for the laughs.

Now excuse me, I think I just spotted some blood. "I hope.. it's not...Chris'...blood."

To be fair. House of the Dead 1 and 2 were also known for the same kind of Hilariously bad voice acting. Especially HOTD2. Something that SEGA actually made fun of, themselves, in Typing of the Dead.

Yes, the first game was so campy and thats what made it great. Its like those rediculous older Bruce Campbell movies, Army of Darkness etc. They were corny as heck but if you dont go in looking for something super serious then you wont be let down.

The first RE was a great game when it was released and once you got past the wretched voice acting and played through the game a couple times you can really start to appreciate how funny it is.

I mean other than the camera, QTE's, all around messing with the "zombies" and crazy Michael Bay storyline and explosions the new Resident Evil games have completely lost their sense of humor and that really hurt the series.

I do miss the humour =(

Jill Sandwich <3 and the rest

and I also hate that I can't get a minute of peace in the new games
---
http://gfaqsff.wikia.com/wiki/GFAQs_Final_Fantasy_Wiki
Join us in our beautiful new home~~
#56Jasmin699Posted 10/3/2012 2:32:02 PM
they did not suck when they came out, awesome games for their time. True survival horror.
#57ZidaneLionhartPosted 10/3/2012 2:41:05 PM
TC is actually on to something.

RE 5 is what got me into the series, so i backtracked to play RE 4 and I Liked that, Backtracked to RE 1.......i was like WTF is this BS LOL? The controls were the only thing scary about those games.

I did play RE Zero Remake for the gamecube though, which i thought was cool and bearable to play.

If the older games got remade I'm sure people would love that
---
--Now Uploading Re6 and One Piece Pirate Warriors--
http://www.youtube.com/user/Sirlionhart
#58AnimesetsunaPosted 10/3/2012 2:43:06 PM
Billysan posted...
Try the N64 RE2. It has DMC controls instead of tank controls.

Is there a DMC control in N64?
---
http://setsunah.imgur.com
I like Kana Hanazawa (>_<)
#59YAMI_ANUBIS_XPosted 10/3/2012 3:10:11 PM
Claire is voiced in RE2, CV, and Degeneration, plus MERC 3D by Courtney Alyson, shes famous for the main character in Big Comfy couch, also she does Jubilee in Xmen 90s series.

Jill Valentine in RE3 is voiced by Catherine Disher who did Jean Grey in 90s XMEN, I would not say those 2 are bad, when it came to acting in 2 and 3, atleast they put emotion into there lines in those 2.
---
GT: Yami Anubis X I believe that is it
3DS FC:1891-1173-7323 Name YamiAnubiX
#60SamA7XPosted 10/3/2012 3:12:50 PM
If you really think they are bad then I feel sorry for you, clearly your brain doesn't respond to epic games.
---
PSN: VII_foREVer_VII
(the "I" in "VII" is a capital "i" not a undercase "L")