Just tried playing RE1, 2 and 3, they suck!

#71JDubb321Posted 10/3/2012 5:19:30 PM
Ive played all the numbered RE games and loved them but I have to say I've been revisiting them since I got the anthology edition and the memories of them don't live up to how they actually play. There are so many great things about the originals but after experiencing the new play style and format of 4-6 I would much rather play those. I don't think its fair to say that the later games are better than the original they're just different. I also think that after all the flak they're getting for 6 I wouldn't be suprised if 7 goes back to survivor horror. Who knows though. I think RE is awesome and I'll probably play any future RE game no matter what.
#72Rickoon5Posted 10/3/2012 5:26:56 PM
sean2995 posted...
I still find the games fun. Playing old games is like watching the original movies over these damn remakes that keep flooding the industy.

YES!

Sure the voice acting sucks. (A---DA! A--DA!)
Sure the controls are odd. (Rooootate...now...*chompchompchomp* SHIII)

But the experience is genuine. Most games today are just remake or HD money-grabs. I played RE2 for the first time last year and thought it was better than RE5. Every action felt deliberate and calculated in RE2 like a Hitchcock movie; whereas in RE5 it was like playing a Michael Bay attempt at horror.
---
"I'll do whatever it takes."
#73dolablaPosted 10/3/2012 5:28:07 PM
JDubb321 posted...
I don't think its fair to say that the later games are better than the original they're just different.

Wayyyyyyy different. Basically like comparing 2 different series. You have Resident Evil and you have CoD action Resident Evil.
#74rts11220Posted 10/3/2012 5:31:09 PM
the style of the old re dosen't age well AT ALL. people don't "miss" anything, it's just "smash you in the face nostalgia"
---
this sig sucks
#75Sir_HaxorPosted 10/3/2012 6:14:19 PM
Too many children on this board. Don't you kids have school tomorrow :)
---
"It's like I'm assisting suicide! Hate not me. Hate your weakness!"- Iori Yagami
3DS FC: 0559-6940-0140
#76TehTrumpCardPosted 10/3/2012 6:40:47 PM
Huehuehuehuehue

I can't play old games. I can't take these downgrades in technology that I would've had to suffer through if I was gaming during this time period.

That's all I'm really hearing.
---
Only the person who has wisdom can read the most foolish one from the history. It's funnier that man exceeds the speed of light than fish start living on land.
#77KujaaPosted 10/3/2012 6:42:27 PM
Nolax posted...
Everything about them is boring! Bad voice acting, bad controls, boring combat, STUPID DOOR OPENING ANIMATIONS!!!

So what exactly do people miss from these 3 games?
Nothing good about them, at all.

Yeah they do!!
But i would still rather play them then RE6!
#78Hannibal_WeskerPosted 10/3/2012 6:44:36 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#79TruffelsnufflerPosted 10/3/2012 6:49:54 PM
I'll never forget when RE1 came out and we rented it. IT BLEW OUR MINDS!!!!! We stayed up all night playing it, drew out maps on note paper, brainstormed for ideas on what to do next, jumped for joy when we progressed in the game, marveled at the amazing graphics, and cherished every second of it (even the countless hours we spent going in circles or being lost or dying). No strategy guide, no internet for help...just us and this game that we were so enthralled in...true survival horror. I guess you really had to have been there. :)
#80King AzarPosted 10/3/2012 6:55:43 PM
The remake of Resident Evil is brilliant: it even fixed most of the bad voice acting.
---
Jack Nicholson is the only man alive that can make dancing to Prince, scary.