Capcom: "Our ideas are more important than what the fans ask for..."

#1n0matterPosted 10/3/2012 2:01:48 PM
"Itís our job to create a new gaming experience and to offer them something thatís fresh and challenging. We want to make sure that what we do pleases them, but the initial reaction might not always be positive," he said. "We do listen to the fans, but we canít be beholden to them at every turn or I donít think weíll ever make progress in terms of the seriesí development."

If you aren't beholden to the fans, who the hell are you making the game for? What kind of flawed logic is this?

Full article here: http://www.gamespot.com/news/capcom-resident-evil-cant-please-everyone-6397591

Translation: "Hey, guys, we're sorry that the game kinda sucked but can you just chalk it up to 'growing pains' or something? I mean, I know none of you asked for these stupid ass quicktime events or horrendous camera action throughout the game but we had to let the developers have SOME sort of influence, so there you go. Oh, and we'd like to sell 7 million copies of the game so please go out and buy it even though I've just acknowledged that at least half of the fan base will think this iteration is a steaming pile of crap."
---
76.322 to 70.744 is a 70% drop. - Sailor Goon
#2agrissaPosted 10/3/2012 2:06:25 PM
"Itís our job to create a new gaming experience and to offer them something thatís fresh and challenging."

LOL but they're not creating a new gaming experience. They ripped off CoD and made the game into generic shooter #4435. It's neither fresh nor challenging. Capcom needs better PR.
---
I had faith in humanity until I discovered Internet Message Boards.
#3LeonPliskenPosted 10/3/2012 2:09:36 PM
Can we stop comparing this to CoD? Seriously, its not a valid comparison.

- RE6 does not have 12 year olds screaming racial slurs
- CoD does not have a cover system
- CoD is a first person competitive shooter, RE6 is a third person cooperative shooter

I admit, there are valid comparisons, but not enough so to call this a cheap CoD cashin on gamers. Chris's campaign is definitely trying to pull that crowd in, but I can't say I thought of CoD even once in Leon's campaign.
---
Sandbox Zombie game with RPG elements and heavy character customization and equipment farming set in modern day. My ideal game.
#4TomorrowDogPosted 10/3/2012 2:10:12 PM
Ain't this the same guy that explicitly said they were aiming for the Calladooty audience and were going to design their games to try and reach that level of sales.

It isn't really about compromising or listening to the fans to give them what they want... it is about trying to create a new fanbase and saying to hell with the old fans.
---
"Happiness is nature's way of telling human resources you're overpaid." - Catbert
#5guiltyslayerPosted 10/3/2012 2:12:18 PM
The old fans will ***** them out regardless of what they do. Why should they cater to those fans?
#6DarkchocolateXPosted 10/3/2012 2:14:19 PM
Don't care, RE6 is a great game and i'm enjoying it big time.
#7FreeMan5407Posted 10/3/2012 2:19:52 PM
agrissa posted...
"It’s our job to create a new gaming experience and to offer them something that’s fresh and challenging."

LOL but they're not creating a new gaming experience. They ripped off CoD and made the game into generic shooter #4435. It's neither fresh nor challenging. Capcom needs better PR.

ripoff CoD, what? how exactly is a ripoff?, people should stop comparing action games to CoD
#8TomorrowDogPosted 10/3/2012 2:20:55 PM
Why should they cater to those fans?

Why cater to what constitutes the backbone of your franchise and the reason it has reached its current day status indeed.
---
"Happiness is nature's way of telling human resources you're overpaid." - Catbert
#9Legend3000Posted 10/3/2012 2:21:02 PM
FreeMan5407 posted...
agrissa posted...
"It’s our job to create a new gaming experience and to offer them something that’s fresh and challenging."

ripoff CoD, what? how exactly is a ripoff?, people should stop comparing action games to CoD

I was about to post the exact same thing. THIS AINT NO DAMN FIRST PERSON SHOOTER!
---
"Legend3000, trolling the trolls since September 30, 2012"
#10xKazeruxPosted 10/3/2012 2:22:46 PM
DarkchocolateX posted...
Don't care, RE6 is a great game and i'm enjoying it big time.

---
PSN: KazimusPrime // XBL: xKazerux
Because I'm a fool who has nothing but his own heart.