Capcom: "Our ideas are more important than what the fans ask for..."

#21ExodiverPosted 10/3/2012 3:16:58 PM
TomorrowDog posted...
Why should they cater to those fans?

Why cater to what constitutes the backbone of your franchise and the reason it has reached its current day status indeed.

I laughed at this :D
Backbone?these kind of ppl are mostly broke and their group only makes up less than 5% of sales and is very whingy and can't be pleased.please capcom...just do what you do, don't listen to these geeks...

Anyone remembered Megaman Legends 3?it was cancelled coz capcom listened too much to these kind of ppl to the point capcom let them get involved.as a tesult,it's too much of a mess that capcom decided to cancel the project.please don't make the same mistake again....
---
The only verdict is vengeance; a Vendetta, held as a votive,not in vain,for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous
#22SetsunaFSPosted 10/3/2012 3:18:46 PM
sideways77 posted...
If fans were truly in charge of making an RE game, then I must say it will be a horrible game based on what Ive been seeing online.

If fans were in charge of any series, it would suck and there would be no progress.
---
"...he's adopted."-Thor
#23StringerboyPosted 10/3/2012 3:21:09 PM
But they did listen to fans...hence Leons campaign.
#24blankempathyPosted 10/3/2012 3:22:09 PM
SetsunaFS posted...
sideways77 posted...
If fans were truly in charge of making an RE game, then I must say it will be a horrible game based on what Ive been seeing online.

If fans were in charge of any series, it would suck and there would be no progress.

Progress = copying the other guy now?
---
SSBB Emp FC - 4983-4589-2680 Southern Californian Brawler
#25LtMessiahDM504Posted 10/3/2012 3:24:22 PM
LeonPlisken posted...
Can we stop comparing this to CoD? Seriously, its not a valid comparison.

- RE6 does not have 12 year olds screaming racial slurs
- CoD does not have a cover system
- CoD is a first person competitive shooter, RE6 is a third person cooperative shooter

I admit, there are valid comparisons, but not enough so to call this a cheap CoD cashin on gamers. Chris's campaign is definitely trying to pull that crowd in, but I can't say I thought of CoD even once in Leon's campaign.

You're right because thats the reason people are comparing this to cod.
Its not because they both have the same narrative of follow a path to the next cutscene or an abundance of over the top explosions/vehicle segments. Honestly though If I could compare it to one game I'd compare it to the uncharted series with its over the top every vehcle you ride will explode and most of the places you visit end up being demolished. Its overly the top stupid and incredibly predictable.

That's the reason I hated Uncharted 2. Well, rather I felt it wasn't as good as the original. I am not a little kid. I don't think your game is good because it has explosions and a main character who defies death at every turn. I like a main character who is humanizing.

Movies have been doing this for awhile now too though. Look at the Die Hard movies.
---
Path of Exile and/or Torchlight 2 - if you want character customization, fair pvp play, micro transactions only affecting looks, and actually earning your loot!
#26rufuzmitchellPosted 10/3/2012 3:24:56 PM
Stringerboy posted...
But they did listen to fans...hence Leons campaign.

I agree. In fact i think they went out of their way to give everyone what they want and that's why there are 4 campaigns. Some more action orientated others feel a lot like RE4 at least.

but no..let's just hate the game and their efforts into oblivion......
#27GodSlayer66Posted 10/3/2012 3:30:49 PM
This is ripping of GoW not CoD. Get your rip offs right for christs sake
---
This post is now 20% cooler.
#28PaladinCecilPosted 10/3/2012 3:41:31 PM(edited)
If I were going ONLY by the quote, I'd agree with the team.

Sadly for them, I have their actions to go by as well, and their actions show that they're colossal tools that really just view their positions as an opportunity to completely ignore the fans and turn their personal fanfiction into canon.

If that was not the case, this game would have included Jill and Claire as major characters in the main campaigns, for starters.

rufuzmitchell posted...

I agree. In fact i think they went out of their way to give everyone what they want and that's why there are 4 campaigns. Some more action orientated others feel a lot like RE4 at least.

but no..let's just hate the game and their efforts into oblivion......

False. They did NOT give everyone what they wanted. Even if you are one of those types that have a personal vendetta against certain characters despite how they objectively should be part of a "TRIBUTE" game of the series, the exclusion of Jill and Claire is an immediate sign that what you're saying is wrong. If they were trying to please everyone, Jill and Claire would have been in the game. They were not, so clearly they are not trying to please everyone.

---
"Without me along, who will heal you when you're hurt?" - Rosa Farrell, Final Fantasy IV
#29pencruPosted 10/3/2012 5:03:21 PM
They're making it for gamers, not just fans. Fans are pretty selfish nowadays, so why bother with those people?
#30SquigglyJusticePosted 10/3/2012 5:05:27 PM
If it were up to the fans we wouldn't have got RE4
---
For you, the day Bison graced your village was the most important day of your life. But for me... it was Tuesday.